Author Topic: Least Favorite Character in BBM  (Read 47185 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Least Favorite Character in BBM
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2006, 04:58:58 pm »
Well, but (and I realize this is OT and there are probably a million other places I could dispute this, but I happen to be here just now) it's not like Ennis spurned Jack completely. If he had, if Ennis had not returned Jack's love at all or gotten together with him when he could, then two years might be too much. It's not that he completely didn't "come around," he just didn't come out. But a love that doesn't include living together is not the same as no love at all.

You're right, Ennis did not spunned Jack completey, but I think it would've been better for him to call it quits after Ennis' divorce when he drives all the way to Wyoming only to be rejected. That's when Jack dies (emotionally, I mean). I understand that Ennis had his daughters and Jack went there at a bad moment, but Ennis could've handled the situation differently. Jack was humulliated (and Jake conveyed that so well!). Besides, Jack himself complaints, during the argument at the lakeside, that Ennis was not coming to see him that much anymore, when he says you used to come easy, now is like seeing the Pope . I think the whole situation was killing Jack emotionally because he wasn't happy at all, he was totally miserable. (Maybe we should open a whole new thread, instead of talking here OT, what do you think?).

UPDATE

The thread
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2426.0
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 08:31:38 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2006, 06:56:46 pm »

OK, just to get back on topic, how can two voters dislike Cassie -- however annoying you might find her, which personally I don't, despite the stinky feet -- more than Ennis' dad, a man who may have tortured someone to death?

Well, I believe I set up the poll allowing for 3 choices.  So there is plenty of room in there for Pa del Mar and Pa Twist!  :P
Cassie might've been a little pushy or irritating, but I don't dislike her, she was looking for love and fell for Ennis. 
...Now Silly Jimbo that's another matter.. ;D

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2006, 12:03:50 am »
(Maybe we should open a whole new thread, instead of talking here OT, what do you think?).

I'm game. This topic is interesting me...
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline Catglith

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2006, 01:56:39 pm »
Randall's my least favourite character!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2006, 03:26:13 pm »
Hey Catglith, welcome to BetterMost! I always enjoyed your posts on imdb.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2006, 03:37:15 pm »
Randall's my least favourite character!

I can dig this.  Who the hell's he think he is, anyway???

No more beans!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2006, 03:43:37 pm »
I can dig this.  Who the hell's he think he is, anyway???

Another poor, trapped human being whose goose was well-cooked with a chatterbox of a wife?!  ;D
I don't mind Randall ... he was just lookin' for a bit of action on the side, is all..lol!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2006, 01:30:00 am »
I was going to pick Joe Aguirre. But when I saw Ennis' father, I just had to choose him. How could ANYONE do what that man did to Ennis as a child?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2006, 03:22:53 pm »
Actually I hate all the people you listed except Cassie.  She's a bit rude and pushy but does not register 'hate' to me.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2006, 11:19:50 pm »
Actually I hate all the people you listed except Cassie.  She's a bit rude and pushy but does not register 'hate' to me.

Yes, Cassie can be a byotch.

She has great hair though!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.