Author Topic: Least Favorite Character in BBM  (Read 47586 times)

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
Re: Least Favorite Character in BBM
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2006, 11:01:47 am »
I would have voted for LaShawn had she been on the list - listening to that woman go on and on gives me a headache!

I also selected John Twist and Jimbo.  Down with both of them!  John Twist is central to the story ... but Jimbo can walk right out of the movie if you ask me.
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

moremojo

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2006, 11:36:56 am »

I also selected John Twist and Jimbo.  Down with both of them!  John Twist is central to the story ... but Jimbo can walk right out of the movie if you ask me.
Now, I have the challenging task of playing Jimbo in the ongoing performance thread, and am seeking ways to lend some sympathy to that none-too-friendly but perhaps conflicted rodeo clown. I think his scene with Jack is important to the narrative to underline Jack's loneliness and continued hunger for male intimacy, even seeking it out from as unprepossessing a source as our Jimbo. It also pithily illustrates Jack's naivete and unwitting vulnerability, further anticipating his possible murder later in the story.

Offline Amber

• Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2006, 06:28:01 pm »
Now, I have the challenging task of playing Jimbo in the ongoing performance thread, and am seeking ways to lend some sympathy to that none-too-friendly but perhaps conflicted rodeo clown. I think his scene with Jack is important to the narrative to underline Jack's loneliness and continued hunger for male intimacy, even seeking it out from as unprepossessing a source as our Jimbo. It also pithily illustrates Jack's naivete and unwitting vulnerability, further anticipating his possible murder later in the story.

Ok, you got me there.  I guess Jimbo does/did serve a purpose.  I stand corrected  :)
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2006, 06:34:30 pm »

I agree with you Scott.

Jimbo was a dumbass mule if you ask me..lol!  How can anyone say NO to Jack Twist? ??? 
Ok..ok..so he might've been straight, but so what?  ;) ;D

Offline JT

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2006, 11:54:11 pm »
I agree with you Scott.

Jimbo was a dumbass mule if you ask me..lol!  How can anyone say NO to Jack Twist? ??? 
Ok..ok..so he might've been straight, but so what?  ;) ;D

I agree!  Only a dumbass mule could say NO to Jack.  Jimbe was so annoying when he gave that look before he left.  So hostile.  He could have been more humane even if he has no interest in our Jack.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2008, 04:14:24 pm »
I voted Twist, Newsome and Agugurrie.
OMT was a hateful bastard! Ld Newsome was just an asshole so was Agurrie.
But OMT was evil and hateful. He did his best to shit on everyone around him.
I really hate that man.  >:(
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2008, 09:33:54 am »
I really hate the guy who walks down the street as Ennis is pulling in to the laundry parking lot just before he gets Jack's post card. Ennis has had a hard day and he could hold up a second and let Ennis coast to a stop, no he has to have one more interference.  :laugh:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2008, 10:02:00 am »
Anyone with me on Bobby Twist, that seeming spawn of Billy Crystal and Joan Rivers?  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2008, 02:25:13 pm »
I hate the Basque. What's the big deal about a few soup boxes? Talk about lazy!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2008, 02:31:58 pm »
I hate the Basque. What's the big deal about a few soup boxes? Talk about lazy!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Oh that made me chuckle!
Thanks! I needed that!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"