Author Topic: Cats, cats, cats, stories...??  (Read 19922 times)

moremojo

Re: Cats, cats, cats, stories...??
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 06:33:43 pm »
I've long been a cat person, and currently enjoy the company of three adorable felines in the home I share with my sister. Their names are Chelsea, Smooch, and Zoot; all are female and have been spayed.

Perhaps the most interesting cat story I could share would be in relating the one time I've seen a ghost--the ghost of my cat. It happened in the same house in which I now live, about six or seven years ago. One of our cats, a spayed female named Segunda, had grown old (about fourteen years) and feeble; she had developed sores in her mouth, and could not eat solid food. In fact, she was beginning to waste away. My sister recognized that the quality of our cat's life had become terribly poor, and that the humane thing to do was to take Segunda to the vet to be medically killed. For many, many years I had been against medical killing of pets, but witnessing this poor cat slowly die changed my mind. So my sister took Segunda in one day for the doctor to administer a quick, humane death to her, and afterwards we had her remains cremated--her ashes still reside upon our mantelpiece.

Some time after Segunda's death, I began to see strange flashings of light in my peripheral vision. There would be a streak of light in the corner of my eye, and when I would turn in the light's direction, there would be nothing there. This went on for about two weeks. One night, at home in my living room, I experienced this same kind of flashing in my peripheral vision, and turning again in its direction, saw Segunda come running from the hall towards the area of the living room. She looked absolutely corporeal, just as she did when living. She stopped all of a sudden and looked directly at me with a curious expression in her eyes. And then, all of a sudden, just like that, she simply wasn't there anymore. It all happened so quickly that I didn't even have time to process what I was experiencing. But I felt I had just received vivid confirmation that life endures beyond the body's demise, and that Segunda's spirit was still somewhere in the mind and heart of God, continuing her journey, for parts now invisible to me.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 10:01:05 pm »
Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks.... to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your cat stories!!

Will tell you another later.

Must rush. Must run. Am late.

Hugs!!

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 01:15:38 pm »
moremojo, that is a lovely story. I believe in "kitty heaven" and I believe your kitty did return to you; to let you know she is alright.

As far as having a pet put down at the vet, I am grateful I can do that for them if needed. If the time comes. Most of our pets have died at home of old age or disease processes, but a few have been euthanized at the vet. It's a hard thing to do but it's humane and anyone who loves their pets does it out of love. So no one should beat themselves up about it.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 02:05:52 pm »
I think that there is a pet heaven too!!

Plus, some of us humans maybe come back as a pet, like as a cat??

Any thoughts about this??

Hugs!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 09:24:54 pm »
I think that there is a pet heaven too!!

Plus, some of us humans maybe come back as a pet, like as a cat??

Any thoughts about this??

Hugs!!

I believe in an animal heaven. The soul is energy, and all living things possess this energy. Energy cannot be destroyed. It can be changed and manipulated, but it cannot be destroyed. So, this energy continues on, even after death. The energy within our brains (and in other animals) is intelligent and quite probably returns to the "Source" after death (Heaven).

I never did believe in Reincarnation. But many people do. It doesn't make sense though, unless there is a necessary "progression" involved before a living creature is allowed to enter eternal life in heaven. But if this is the case, why  would a human being return as a cat? It would make more sense for a cat to return as a human.

I don't know. The whole thing confuses me. But I definitely believe in life after death. Albert Einstein even believed in it.

Sorry about that! I didn't mean to turn this thread into a theological/science essay. Now back to the cat stories!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 11:28:36 pm »
Thanks David!!

May I say that I find your comments very, very interesting!!

To quote one of your lines:
The energy within our brains (and in other animals) is intelligent and quite probably returns to the "Source" after death (Heaven).

Ever did think ALSO about life before birth?? You might have been a cat? I might have been a cat?

What do you and/or others thinks about that too??

Hugs!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 08:42:12 pm »
Thanks David!!

May I say that I find your comments very, very interesting!!

To quote one of your lines:
The energy within our brains (and in other animals) is intelligent and quite probably returns to the "Source" after death (Heaven).

Ever did think ALSO about life before birth?? You might have been a cat? I might have been a cat?

What do you and/or others thinks about that too??

Hugs!!

If we are to consider the possibility of reincarnation, then yes. It makes sense to progress upwards, rather than downwards.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 09:02:03 pm »
Thanks David!

You say this:
If we are to consider the possibility of reincarnation, then yes. It makes sense to progress upwards, rather than downwards.

May I reply: that there are two sides to every coin, (usually); I know what my cousin found  out about this!

You want to know?

Hugs!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 09:04:35 pm »

May I reply: that there are two sides to every coin, (usually); I know what my cousin found  out about this!

You want to know?

Hugs!!

Sure Artiste! If you feel like telling us about it. It sounds very interesting.  :)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 09:31:07 pm »
You make me think of things I have not thought of in a long time, Artiste, some not so nice.

I had cats all my life. But I had no money and my parents wouldn't buy food for them; we would feed them table scraps. I would always give the cats the leftover meat...the dog would dig in the scraps looking for meat and look at me so pitifully and I felt so guilty...but he would eat the other stuff...the cats wouldn't. I remember as a little girl catching moths to feed the cats. I felt so bad (obviously not too bad or I would have not asked for them...) but if I got any money I would buy cat food instead of candy.

They learned to hunt for themselves...one day one of them had a ground squirrel baby. I took it from him and tried to raise it myself. I used milk from a can mixed with water and an eyedropper. I named him Tommy. He lived for a few weeks...then one day when I was feeding him he died. Maybe I drowned him because I didn't know what I was doing.

I remember holding him and thinking I couldn't save him. I couldn't save myself. I couldn't save anyone.

GOSH! Jess! That's terrible! So sad! I mean, so many worries and that as kid. I had goose bumps reading your story! I had a cat ever since I was 4 or so. But never did my family had difficulties feeding it. That must have been hard!

The first cat I had was a Siamese. But at the time I lived in an appartment with my family and the cat - named 'Ming-Ming' - would pee everywere, chew on every blanket it could find and escape down the staircase every chance it got! So my mum decided to give the cat away (to a person living in the same street, with a garden - there, Ming-Ming grew old and fat, if i remember well). I was allowed to have a cat only after moving into a place with a garden. Which happened 18 months or so after we gave away Ming-Ming. My sister brought home a black kitten from school one day (telling my mum it would be put asleep, if nobody took it). We kept 'Mohrlie' for 16 years. I was at Uni in the UK when my mother called me to tell me that they had had to put Mohrlie to sleep, because he got too old and sick. I cried like a baby, sitting there in the kitchen I shared with other students, who thought a 'human' member of my family had died.. I was almost too embarrassed to tell them it was 'only' my cat.

I don't have supernatural stories about the cats I've had. Sad ones yes. I brought one kitten (called Pristi, short for Pristina) back from the Balkans were I had stayed for 6 months a while ago. It was quite an adventure to get it on the plane, change planes and and all the way to Brussels. Sad thing is, one weekend I was away and when I came home, my sister  >:(  had given the cat away! I am STILL angry with her. I went once on a visit to the people who got Pristi. The family's kids changed the name to Luna.

Brokie, one of the cats I have since July last year, wouldn't purr at all for the first half year or so. It's not that long ago, that she started purring (I think I know why, but that's another story). And she does it a lot now.

The other day I was washing my car outside, on the parking lot in front of my apartment block. Brokie (and Sayif - her son) where sitting inside at the window, watching me. I live on the ground floor and I have a cat flap in the back of my flat, where the cats can go out into the garden and beyond. So, while I was washing my car, Brokie suddenly appeared. She must have gone all arround the apartment block to the parking lot, to keep me company..  ;D While I continued washing the car, she would pace up and down the little bush alley next to the cars. When i finished and entered my flat through the front door, she ran back inside with me. Cute!

j. U. d. E.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:36:34 pm by j. U. d. E. »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -