Author Topic: Cats, cats, cats, stories...??  (Read 19919 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cats, cats, cats, stories...??
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2007, 09:17:05 pm »
Thanks! opinionista, and notBastet!!

What a story!

Guess that cat told: Wash the dishes right now!! ??

I wonder what made her do that? Any idea??

Hugs!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2007, 12:48:40 am »
A boyfriend I used to live with back in New York had a cat who loved to sit on the kitchen sink, especially when it was wet which I found strange. She forced us to always do the dishes right after eating, because if we left them on the sink she would break them. I tried to talk to him into changing all glasses for plastic ones but he didn't like it. She was a careless cat. 

That's interesting that the cat liked to sit in the wet sink.  My cat, Vivien, jumps into the tub as soon as the water has drained out after a bath or a shower.  And she'll sit there and even roll around sometimes while the tub is still damp and warm.  Sometimes she'll jump in as the last remaining bit of the water is draining down and watch it.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2007, 05:56:22 pm »
A boyfriend I used to live with back in New York had a cat who loved to sit on the kitchen sink, especially when it was wet which I found strange. She forced us to always do the dishes right after eating, because if we left them on the sink she would break them. I tried to talk to him into changing all glasses for plastic ones but he didn't like it. She was a careless cat. 

Careless, eh?  You sure it wasn't intentional??

;)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2007, 10:35:13 pm »
Oh man, I've got a great one I heard from my friend:

Her friend Claire was making love with her boyfriend, him on top.  Suddenly he collapsed onto her, saying something like "Oh my f—ing gawd!"  She asked what was wrong.

It turns out, her kitty had been near the foot of the bed watching. And apparently, it became fascinated by one aspect of the view: the balls swinging back and forth.  And as a fascinated cat will do, it batted them.

(No claws were involved, thank goodness.)

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2007, 10:37:41 pm »
ROFL!!
 ;D ;D
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2007, 11:46:03 pm »
I just posted this in the Funny Kitty thread too... but I thought people on this thread might enjoy this website:

http://kittenwar.com/
Kittenwar!
The tag line is "May the cutest kitten win!"

It's all about comparing pictures of kittens and voting for the one you think is cutest.  It's a great website for cat-people!
 8)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2007, 04:17:07 am »
posting to find later - this looks like a good thread that i dont have the time to read or add stories to at work!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Artiste

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2007, 09:32:28 pm »
Any other cat pics or stories??

Hugs!!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2007, 11:20:42 pm »
Hello Artiste!

I once had a gray and white dsh named Dixie. She was an indoor/outdoor cat. When she came in, she didn't look for soft, cushy places to sleep. Most of the time she would curl up in the bathroom sink. A few times, I caught her asleep in the crockpot.  :) I took her picture and showed people--look at the new dish I cooked.  :P  There were plenty of quilts, pillows, etc., so I wondered why she liked to sleep where she did.

She and my other cat Ripley always wanted to drink running water, too. They preferred that anyway. Ripley would jump up on the sink and ME-OW for me to turn the faucet on---I guess that's from running streams in nature when cats were wild?? I know a lot of cats do that.

I am catless at present---I just lost Ripley last week--17 years old--but I love cats. She was a good and smart cat. She liked to be petted and rubbed, but didn't want to be held too much. She was stand-offish toward almost everyone besides me. That's probably why she lived so long since she was also indoor/outdoor. Always very wary and vigilant. She was a huntress too--displayed her prey for me to see---birds, rabbits, squirrels, mice......I tried to act proud of her. She didn't know I'd rather she'd have left the poor little critters alone. (Except maybe the indoor mice!)

I may get another cat next summer.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Artiste

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2007, 05:40:23 pm »
Wonderful story Shasta542!! Thanks!!

Sorry for your lost. She is in cat heaven as she helped you, saved you!! You helped her too!! Great, great!!

You have any pics of your cat??

Hugs!!