Author Topic: Any Grey's Anatomy lovers out there????  (Read 7181 times)

mvansand76

Any Grey's Anatomy lovers out there????
« on: March 27, 2007, 04:09:58 pm »
Are there any die-hard Grey's Anatomy fans out there?

I just realised today that this is the best TV-series to come out of the US, hell anywhere really in 10 years! I have just watched episode 16 of season three and I just couldn't stop crying!!!!

Anybody wanna discuss Meredith, McDreamy, Izzie, George and all the others?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Any Grey's Anatomy lovers out there????
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 05:39:11 pm »
I have just watched episode 16 of season three and I just couldn't stop crying!!!!

What a funny coincidence! I just came back from watching the last episode of the second season and saw your post  :).

Okay, I wouldn't go so far and say I love Grey's Anatomy, but I like it and am hooked.

How is this for discussion: I don't like McDreamy. I can't stand the guy and I'll never understand what Meredith sees in this glibbery Derek.
Hope I didn't run all interested people off with this remark  ;D. Maybe even someone wants to join me in the can't-stand-McDreamy club  ;)?

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 05:47:31 pm »
I CAN stand Derek! Sorry Chrissi!  ;D I like all the main cast, but my favourites are George, Izzie, Alex and Derek.

I don't watch it religiously, but I do like it!

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 01:44:06 am »
I am a semi fan of Grey's Anatomy. I think the new episodes play here every Thursday. (See? I'm not even sure of the day). But when I do manage to catch it, I always enjoy it. I have been tempted to purchase the DVDs. Maybe one of these  days I will.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 06:17:50 am »
What a funny coincidence! I just came back from watching the last episode of the second season and saw your post  :).

Okay, I wouldn't go so far and say I love Grey's Anatomy, but I like it and am hooked.

How is this for discussion: I don't like McDreamy. I can't stand the guy and I'll never understand what Meredith sees in this glibbery Derek.
Hope I didn't run all interested people off with this remark  ;D. Maybe even someone wants to join me in the can't-stand-McDreamy club  ;)?

Wasn't that episode tragic? I cried so hard, I never cry and Grey's anatomy makes me cry so much! LOL.

I am hooked too, and I love it, I download all the episodes from Limewire (ssshhh don't tell...LOL) and I am now at episode 17 of season 3, I won't say a thing....

I am not that fond of McDreamy. As a matter of fact, most of the characters are terribly flawed and not very likeable, but I like that about this tv show... I looooove Miranda though! She is such an amazingly layered character...

I CAN stand Derek! Sorry Chrissi!  ;D I like all the main cast, but my favourites are George, Izzie, Alex and Derek.

I don't watch it religiously, but I do like it!

j. U. d. E.

You should watch it every week!!!  ;) I really had to get into it, because I really detested the characters in the first season.

I am a semi fan of Grey's Anatomy. I think the new episodes play here every Thursday. (See? I'm not even sure of the day). But when I do manage to catch it, I always enjoy it. I have been tempted to purchase the DVDs. Maybe one of these  days I will.  :D

Oh don't, as soon as you have DSL you can download them easily from Limewire, I downloaded the whole second & third season there!

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 12:20:58 am »
I just recently got into it, due to the fact that pretty much everyone I know loves it, and it's really addicting! I'm one of the ones who DOES like McDreamy, but I really don't see why people like McSteamy (Sloan) so much. Anyone else?

mvansand76

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 06:32:01 am »
I just recently got into it, due to the fact that pretty much everyone I know loves it, and it's really addicting! I'm one of the ones who DOES like McDreamy, but I really don't see why people like McSteamy (Sloan) so much. Anyone else?

Oh I detest Sloan, but I think we are supposed to detest him!  ;D

I have just watched episode 19 of season three, where are you?

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 02:33:09 pm »
Oh I detest Sloan, but I think we are supposed to detest him!  ;D

Maybe, but a lot of people I know really like him. Or at least think he's hot. Personally, I just don't see it.

I have just watched episode 19 of season three, where are you?

I just started watching during season three, so I'm on whatever episode was last on TV. I watch reruns whenever I can, but they tend to be out of order and therefore a little confusing.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 08:46:25 pm »
Yay!! I love "Grey's".

A while back, I was listening to a song on YouTube and it had the GA cast in the video. I asked around at work if anyone watched it, and had one of my friends fill me in on what was going on in the video. I was intrigued.

Next--Barnes and Noble--my favorite store--had a special. Buy one season of a series and get another season free. So I got season 1 and 2 of GA and spent about 3 weekends watching those (and not getting anything done that I should have).

I love it!! I have missed at least half of season 3, (no, I have no valid recording device) so I will be glad to buy that collection and watch from beginning to end.

George is my favorite with his puppy dog eyes. I kinda like him and Izzie together, but I expect she will break his heart. I do want him to come clean with Callie and free her before he continues with Izzie. I doubt all that will happen.

I HATE Meredith's dad and I hated her mom too. LOL

Everyone thinks Meredith whines and I say she has a right!! With those parents?? But she needs to get over it soon and go on with her life. McVet may have been a better choice for her, but I do like her and McDreamy together when they are getting along.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mvansand76

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 06:38:42 am »
Yay!! I love "Grey's".

A while back, I was listening to a song on YouTube and it had the GA cast in the video. I asked around at work if anyone watched it, and had one of my friends fill me in on what was going on in the video. I was intrigued.

Next--Barnes and Noble--my favorite store--had a special. Buy one season of a series and get another season free. So I got season 1 and 2 of GA and spent about 3 weekends watching those (and not getting anything done that I should have).

I love it!! I have missed at least half of season 3, (no, I have no valid recording device) so I will be glad to buy that collection and watch from beginning to end.

George is my favorite with his puppy dog eyes. I kinda like him and Izzie together, but I expect she will break his heart. I do want him to come clean with Callie and free her before he continues with Izzie. I doubt all that will happen.

I HATE Meredith's dad and I hated her mom too. LOL

Everyone thinks Meredith whines and I say she has a right!! With those parents?? But she needs to get over it soon and go on with her life. McVet may have been a better choice for her, but I do like her and McDreamy together when they are getting along.

I like George too, he reminds me of a young Tom Hanks in 'Big'! I too feel that Izzie really doesn't know what she is doing or feeling and that she might end up breaking George's heart. Did you see the last episode of Grey's season 3?

And Meredith is getting on my nerves, she is turning into an Ally McBeal type! She is gonna lose everything if she keeps up this behaviour.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 12:51:04 pm »
Hello Snavel del Snuit.

Yes, I did see the finale. In an episode before, Izzie told George he could stay, that she didn't love him like that, that the "encounter" had meant nothing to her, etc. Then in the finale---she's in love with him. So yeah, I agree---she's not clear on the whole thing.

I'm anxious for season 4.

OH---maybe I should say, SPOILER:

You know the girl in the bar who tried to pick up Derek is Meredith's half sister? Well, that would just be TOO much if he started dating her after all the other family members who have been jerks to Meredith. I HOPE he does not.

If Derek does that, I will be ready for Meredith to find someone else. I really want her to find true love before the show ends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mvansand76

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 03:16:04 pm »
Hello Snavel del Snuit.

Yes, I did see the finale. In an episode before, Izzie told George he could stay, that she didn't love him like that, that the "encounter" had meant nothing to her, etc. Then in the finale---she's in love with him. So yeah, I agree---she's not clear on the whole thing.

I'm anxious for season 4.

OH---maybe I should say, SPOILER:

You know the girl in the bar who tried to pick up Derek is Meredith's half sister? Well, that would just be TOO much if he started dating her after all the other family members who have been jerks to Meredith. I HOPE he does not.

If Derek does that, I will be ready for Meredith to find someone else. I really want her to find true love before the show ends.

Oh yeah, I wondered about that! What a coincidence, right? She is also the girl who talked to George in the locker room! Mmmmm.. I don't think he is gonna do that.

Can't wait to see what happens too in season 4! When does that start? September?

Welcome to Bettermost by the way!

Mel

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 04:49:36 pm »
Everything I have read says that the 4th season will start in September---so it won't be too long.

Not like The Shield, which just had its season finale and which probably won't start a new season until Feb. or March.

:) Thanks for the welcome. I'm enjoying Bettermost and getting to know new Brokies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 01:31:24 am »
Are there any die-hard Grey's Anatomy fans out there?

I just realised today that this is the best TV-series to come out of the US, hell anywhere really in 10 years! I have just watched episode 16 of season three and I just couldn't stop crying!!!!

Anybody wanna discuss Meredith, McDreamy, Izzie, George and all the others?

My mom loves it, but I can't watch an entire episode.  I don't care for hospital dramas.

mvansand76

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 06:28:55 am »
Hahaha! The same happened to me, I was into Desperate Housewives, but then I started to watch GA and now I hardly watch DH anymore!

It was hard for me to sympathize with the characters as they were so flawed, but I've grown to like all of them, like you said.

The episode where Meredith almost dies and comes back, was my favorite. When she met her mother in the hereafter, I cried like a baby, that was beautiful! :)
I have seen all the available episodes, yes!   :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 02:11:32 am »
Maybe someone can help me.

What's the name of the episode where the calico cat (I THINK he is a calico) walks into the operating room while they are performing surgery. The cat starts rubbing up against the surgeon's leg, and when they try to catch him, he jumps up on the counter and accidently falls into the sanitation sink. Then he gets all wet in the sink and starts hissing and spitting everywhere.

What is the name of that episode and what season is it from? Anyone remember?  :D

Thanks in advance.  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 11:41:45 am »
I've seen all of seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, and I don't recall that one. So I'm guessing that it's from season 3. I missed a lot of season 3, so I'm gonna buy the DVD when it comes out in Sept. I hope!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mvansand76

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 01:23:52 pm »
Maybe someone can help me.

What's the name of the episode where the calico cat (I THINK he is a calico) walks into the operating room while they are performing surgery. The cat starts rubbing up against the surgeon's leg, and when they try to catch him, he jumps up on the counter and accidently falls into the sanitation sink. Then he gets all wet in the sink and starts hissing and spitting everywhere.

What is the name of that episode and what season is it from? Anyone remember?  :D

Thanks in advance.  :)

Did you see this episode AFTER or BEFORE all those whiskeys you drunk?

;)

I cannot recall anything like this!  :o

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 01:58:36 pm »
Hmmm.  :-\

Maybe this cat deal happened on another show. Maybe I saw it on Scrubs.

Thanks everyone!  :)

mvansand76

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 02:38:00 pm »
Hmmm.  :-\

Maybe this cat deal happened on another show. Maybe I saw it on Scrubs.

Thanks everyone!  :)

:D That sounds like a Scrubs scene yes!

:-*