Author Topic: The State of Our Community - Transcripts & Your Thoughts  (Read 39110 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: The State of Our Community - Transcripts & Your Thoughts
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 11:41:18 am »
I've tried clicking onto the broadband link in the first post of this thread (I have wireless broadband at home) without success. Seems to chug away for hours, leading me nowhere. I'll wait until Phillip installs the on-line play button, and try accessing the broadcast that way.

I just tested the link and found it was working, so it may be a problem somewhere between here and Australia.  I have added two alternative download/stream links while I wait on John to add the embedded "play" button.  Hopefully if the primary links are still causing problems, the alternatives will work.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 05:24:03 pm »
Phillip -

that was great!  ;D Loved hearing all your voices - and didn't love so much cringing at mine!! - your address was also great Phillip - and year 2 sounds very exciting - perhaps more so than last year if that is possible.

Love to all and thanks again to Phillip - and John - who I always forget to mention,

Loved the background music too - the brass sounds were great (from brass geek O0 Kelda!)

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 05:25:55 pm »
So wonderful to hear all your voices!  Phillip, thanks for this wonderful BetterMost year in review.  A lot HAS happened here.  If only J & E had had this kind of support....

Onward!  :)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 07:26:27 pm »
BTW, if people have some ideas for things they'd like to see tried here - for new forums, new services, features, or whatever, please don't keep them a secret.  I am always looking for ideas for new things to try, and finding new ways to get more users involved in helping run our community.  You just have to share your ideas!

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 12:34:30 am »
Press the play button to stream State of Our Community - Part One

Press the play button to stream State of Our Community - Part Two

injest

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 10:14:25 pm »
BTW, if people have some ideas for things they'd like to see tried here - for new forums, new services, features, or whatever, please don't keep them a secret.  I am always looking for ideas for new things to try, and finding new ways to get more users involved in helping run our community.  You just have to share your ideas!

1. A forum for members only to discuss sensitive issues we may not feel comfortable discussing in a more public one...similar to Safe Haven but with a wider focus

2.  A special Icon or color or some way of distinguishing threads with special instructions or requests...

3.  An index of blogs or a way of putting something (a link or an icon) on their profile information saying they have a blog here. (I like the idea of having an index...then you could review at a glance who has a blog and what their blog is about...do they encourage participation or are they using it as a showcase for their art and only are looking for reviews...etc...)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 11:34:24 pm »
3.  An index of blogs or a way of putting something (a link or an icon) on their profile information saying they have a blog here. (I like the idea of having an index...then you could review at a glance who has a blog and what their blog is about...do they encourage participation or are they using it as a showcase for their art and only are looking for reviews...etc...)

Hi Jess, there might be a better way to do this, but one way could be to use a post in the welcome thread for Our Daily Thoughts that lists each of the people with a thread on the forum (alphabetical by username), with a clickable link to their thread. 

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 01:55:12 am »
Wow, I didn't know that I was one of your first members!  That feels real good!   Thanks also for telling me where to look to find your address for another contribution!

~Proud to be part of BetterMost's first members!!
:) br. patrick
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 08:13:27 pm »
Thanks for putting the link to the "State of the Community" in the news on the home page! Since I joined only recently, and there are SO MANY places to go in Bettermost, I like having suggestions about new threads to visit.

I listened to the whole thing while reading along on the transcript---that was a lot of work to write that transcript, but hearing and reading helps me comprehend better, so I appreciated it!

It was great fun to listen to all the Brokies who sent phone messages. I loved hearing your voices and accents. Phillip -- you have a wonderful professional broadcaster's voice!

Thanks, everyone!

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 03:41:46 am »
I listened to the whole thing while reading along on the transcript---that was a lot of work to write that transcript, but hearing and reading helps me comprehend better, so I appreciated it!

It was great fun to listen to all the Brokies who sent phone messages. I loved hearing your voices and accents. Phillip -- you have a wonderful professional broadcaster's voice!

OOh brokies vocies - I want to go back and listen to that again now!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/