Author Topic: Tremblayans! Let's revive the Old Board for our anniversary  (Read 8744 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Tremblayans! Let's revive the Old Board for our anniversary
« on: March 28, 2007, 01:15:09 am »
One year ago on March 30, the Great Exodus from IMDb to BetterMost began. 

We all started out on the Brokeback Mountain board at IMDb.  Then, tired of the incessant efforts of trolls to disrupt our conversations, we sought refuge on the Pierre Tremblay message board.  Brokeback's First Assistant Director unknowingly became our patron saint, and for a blessed time we enjoyed peace and harmony.  But alas, the trolls eventually tracked us down and became more virulent than ever, deleting threads wholesale out of sheer spite.  The search for a new home began in earnest.

It was YaadPyar (Celeste) who finally led the way to BetterMost, and on March 30, the bulk of Tremblayans made their way here, where we found we'd been given our own Forum by Phillip where we could gather to bind up our wounds and start fresh.  One year later, we're still here, glad to be a part of the most forward-looking of all the BBM websites, a real hometown.

Fernly recently reported that the old board (TOB) over at IMDb was wiped clean of all the remaining threads.  Let's celebrate our anniversary by returning there to post some good things and remember our roots, okay?  And if you first joined the Tremblayan community here at BetterMost, we want to hear from you, too.

Here's the link: http://imdb.com/name/nm0871966/board/threads/

Yours in Tremblayan Friendship,

Meryl and DavidnHartford
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 01:49:32 pm by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Tremblayans! Let's revive the Old Board for our anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 01:22:02 am »
Nice idea, maybe someone could contact some of those old posters who have moved on, to come back for this one time anniversary event.  As I understrand it so many people who were instrumental in the founding of this group have either left or post infrequently these days.  :-\  I know it's important to look forward and not back but at anniversary time it is nice to put aside personalities and remember old friends no longer present.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 01:24:32 am »
That's a terrific idea, dot!  I'll PM some of the posters who are still around and don't post much, here and at IMDb, and let them know, and I hope others will, too.  It would be a nice reunion, and we won't have had to wait four f**kin' years!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 10:24:09 am »
I was never technically on PT back on IMDb, only the big board.  But, would it be OK if I still helped out with the "revive PT" project?  I think this is a really neat idea!
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 10:49:24 am »
Of course, Amanda!  New as well as old Tremblayans are invited to make themselves visible at Pierre's place and add their footprint to the board.  You are family.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 10:56:51 am »
Thanks Meryl! 
 :-* :-*

I wouldn't want to go over there without checking-in first.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 11:06:44 am »
I was never technically on PT back on IMDb, only the big board.  But, would it be OK if I still helped out with the "revive PT" project?  I think this is a really neat idea!

This is impossible for me to believe.  You have always been part of the family, Amanda.  :)  Same goes for the lot o' ya (as Ray might say).  We can make it better this time with a representation of who we are NOW.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 12:27:14 pm »

This is impossible for me to believe.  You have always been part of the family, Amanda.  :)  Same goes for the lot o' ya (as Ray might say).  We can make it better this time with a representation of who we are NOW.

Hey Elle,

Well, I knew a ton of the Tremblayans (I definitely knew you Elle) and was aware of the PT board.  But yes, I was only on the big board during my "active days" on imdb.

I'm excited to participate in the "revive the PT board" project because this means that I can use my new and snazzy screen name over there!  Which, of course, is now the same as my name here.

:D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 10:32:12 pm »
Well, as Meryl (or was it Jenny?) always said, CT is a self-selecting group!! I loved that! If you think you are one, you are!

One idea I had was to invite oldtimer members to come back and post if they haven't recently. We've seen a few people appear, such as Montferrat, Sheyne, and luigi. Let's all PM our favorite Tremblayans who haven't posted very often and say, "You Come Again."

I'm afraid I won't be able to join any chats on Friday because I have a planning meeting for the Brokeback BBQ that will be held on Memorial Day weekend. I'll be with you in spirit! I believe there's a full moon chat coming up and I'll catch up with you then!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"