Author Topic: Tremblayans! Let's revive the Old Board for our anniversary  (Read 8662 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Tremblayans! Let's revive the Old Board for our anniversary
« on: March 28, 2007, 01:15:09 am »
One year ago on March 30, the Great Exodus from IMDb to BetterMost began. 

We all started out on the Brokeback Mountain board at IMDb.  Then, tired of the incessant efforts of trolls to disrupt our conversations, we sought refuge on the Pierre Tremblay message board.  Brokeback's First Assistant Director unknowingly became our patron saint, and for a blessed time we enjoyed peace and harmony.  But alas, the trolls eventually tracked us down and became more virulent than ever, deleting threads wholesale out of sheer spite.  The search for a new home began in earnest.

It was YaadPyar (Celeste) who finally led the way to BetterMost, and on March 30, the bulk of Tremblayans made their way here, where we found we'd been given our own Forum by Phillip where we could gather to bind up our wounds and start fresh.  One year later, we're still here, glad to be a part of the most forward-looking of all the BBM websites, a real hometown.

Fernly recently reported that the old board (TOB) over at IMDb was wiped clean of all the remaining threads.  Let's celebrate our anniversary by returning there to post some good things and remember our roots, okay?  And if you first joined the Tremblayan community here at BetterMost, we want to hear from you, too.

Here's the link: http://imdb.com/name/nm0871966/board/threads/

Yours in Tremblayan Friendship,

Meryl and DavidnHartford
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 01:49:32 pm by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Tremblayans! Let's revive the Old Board for our anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 01:22:02 am »
Nice idea, maybe someone could contact some of those old posters who have moved on, to come back for this one time anniversary event.  As I understrand it so many people who were instrumental in the founding of this group have either left or post infrequently these days.  :-\  I know it's important to look forward and not back but at anniversary time it is nice to put aside personalities and remember old friends no longer present.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 01:24:32 am »
That's a terrific idea, dot!  I'll PM some of the posters who are still around and don't post much, here and at IMDb, and let them know, and I hope others will, too.  It would be a nice reunion, and we won't have had to wait four f**kin' years!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 10:24:09 am »
I was never technically on PT back on IMDb, only the big board.  But, would it be OK if I still helped out with the "revive PT" project?  I think this is a really neat idea!
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 10:49:24 am »
Of course, Amanda!  New as well as old Tremblayans are invited to make themselves visible at Pierre's place and add their footprint to the board.  You are family.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 10:56:51 am »
Thanks Meryl! 
 :-* :-*

I wouldn't want to go over there without checking-in first.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 11:06:44 am »
I was never technically on PT back on IMDb, only the big board.  But, would it be OK if I still helped out with the "revive PT" project?  I think this is a really neat idea!

This is impossible for me to believe.  You have always been part of the family, Amanda.  :)  Same goes for the lot o' ya (as Ray might say).  We can make it better this time with a representation of who we are NOW.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 12:27:14 pm »

This is impossible for me to believe.  You have always been part of the family, Amanda.  :)  Same goes for the lot o' ya (as Ray might say).  We can make it better this time with a representation of who we are NOW.

Hey Elle,

Well, I knew a ton of the Tremblayans (I definitely knew you Elle) and was aware of the PT board.  But yes, I was only on the big board during my "active days" on imdb.

I'm excited to participate in the "revive the PT board" project because this means that I can use my new and snazzy screen name over there!  Which, of course, is now the same as my name here.

:D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 10:32:12 pm »
Well, as Meryl (or was it Jenny?) always said, CT is a self-selecting group!! I loved that! If you think you are one, you are!

One idea I had was to invite oldtimer members to come back and post if they haven't recently. We've seen a few people appear, such as Montferrat, Sheyne, and luigi. Let's all PM our favorite Tremblayans who haven't posted very often and say, "You Come Again."

I'm afraid I won't be able to join any chats on Friday because I have a planning meeting for the Brokeback BBQ that will be held on Memorial Day weekend. I'll be with you in spirit! I believe there's a full moon chat coming up and I'll catch up with you then!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 01:47:42 am »
Hey there,

OK!  So, I just went and posted over there.   ;D   What a trip down memory lane to be posting over at imdb at all (for me at least). 

Meryl,  I totally love your revival of the emoticon thread.  I'm going to need to sleep on it and come up with a contribution to that one in the morning.  But, it certainly highlights one of the best features of imdb's boards.  Those smilies over there are adorable.

Offline David

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 06:18:59 am »
Sure is hard to believe it has been a YEAR already!   

BBM & Chez Tremblay sure has brought alot of Brokies together.   From Brokie Brunches in New York City to Movie viewings in San Fransisco.   Heck we are even international with Brokies crossing the Atlantic to see eachother.    We have Brokies down under too!       Sure, some have come and gone over the months, but I have no doubt that even the ones who are gone cannot deny that the movie is still in their hearts.  And we all owe it to the Brokies at IMDB who started this.   

Offline opinionista

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 06:19:49 am »

Really? I could've sworn you were on PT because I do remember you from IMDb.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 06:26:53 am »
Sure is hard to believe it has been a YEAR already!   

BBM & Chez Tremblay sure has brought alot of Brokies together.   From Brokie Brunches in New York City to Movie viewings in San Fransisco.   Heck we are even international with Brokies crossing the Atlantic to see eachother.    We have Brokies down under too!       Sure, some have come and gone over the months, but I have no doubt that even the ones who are gone cannot deny that the movie is still in their hearts.  And we all owe it to the Brokies at IMDB who started this.   

Thanks for the picture David. I got a question: I know you are the one on the very left, then on the very right are Anke and Jenny. Who are the two in the middle. Is Meryl the woman with the glasses?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 06:49:01 am »
Thanks for the picture David. I got a question: I know you are the one on the very left, then on the very right are Anke and Jenny. Who are the two in the middle. Is Meryl the woman with the glasses?

Yeah, thats me on the far left.  Next to me is "Hoboken Jeff" from the IMDB days, then Meryl and Anke(Pipedream) and Jenny (Newyearsday).

Pic was taken at the first BBM Brunch at the "Cowgirl" restaraunt in Greenwich Village,  New York City.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 02:11:43 pm »
Really? I could've sworn you were on PT because I do remember you from IMDb.

Hey Bud,

I remember you too!
 :-*

Well, I truly was really, really active on imdb on the main Brokeback board.  I knew tons of people who wound up here at BetterMost (and other forums now too) during my "active" days.  For some reason, I just never explored PT when I was on imdb last year.

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 09:38:56 pm »
If you are and old Trembllayan and have the time, a post on the original PT would be a good way to honor this milestone

Offline dot-matrix

Re: Tremblayans! Attempt to revive old board failing as posts are deleted
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 11:54:09 pm »
If you are an old Trembllayan and have the time, a post on the original PT would be a good way to honor this milestone

OK forget I said anything, it seems the brand new threads are already beginning to disappear from Pierre Tremblay  :'( I guess it's true you can't go home again, even for a visit. :( lots of visual changes at IMDb maybe they have new software the monitors usage now, either that or somebody doesn't want folks posting there again...so sad :-\  well at least CT is safe here at Bettermost

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 12:03:30 am »
Dottie, the moment I read that, I went over to the IMDb PT board, and read the emoticon thread.  I hit reply, and it said "YOu can't reply to this post.  It's been deleted."  The whole thread was deleted while I was reading it.  ???

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 12:18:38 am »
Dottie, the moment I read that, I went over to the IMDb PT board, and read the emoticon thread.  I hit reply, and it said "YOu can't reply to this post.  It's been deleted."  The whole thread was deleted while I was reading it.  ???

:o  You're kidding?!!  That's truly shocking.  I remember things like that happening during the worst of the troll wars on the big board last March and April.  Well,  I guess this is a graphic reminder of why imdb really can't be a reliable/ long-term home for our community.  And, as always, hooray for BetterMost!

Darn.  This means my new smilie rendition of the "that's the most I've spoke" scene must be gone.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 12:24:12 am »
Darn.  This means my new smilie rendition of the "that's the most I've spoke" scene must be gone.

Yup, I had just started analyzing yours and had the urge to reply first and add one, so I never go tto the end of it, Amanda.  :(

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 02:12:53 am »
I had a suspicion that would happen but, you know what, I felt so much peace and joy when I posted there this morning. I put it out into the universe and no one an take that away. I am always happy when I post there-a chance to re-live that incredible time-and my happiness stays even when the words are gone.

O0

Heathen

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 02:48:08 am »
While reporting a very nasty mouthed troll on the Prison Break board tonight I noted that the speech at the top of the report abuse page had changed a little.  After reading it I could not wait to share it with you all.  The changes I think may very well be a direct result of all the hard work and letter writing so many Tremblayans did during the troll wars.  It seems that they have finally put something in place to close the loop hole that allowed for "Phantom Trolling".  Those of you who fought so hard should be proud of this accomplishment, the trolls will never again be able to take over and decimate another board the way they did PT.  Cheers and Huzzah Tremblayans you were heard.

Report Abuse
Please read the following carefully before proceeding.

The Report Abuse feature is only to be used for genuine breaches of these Terms & Conditions and must not be used as a means of settling petty disputes and squabbles between boards users. If you disagree with someone or don't like the content of their posts, simply add the user to your ignore list. For more information and a detailed description of abuse categories, please read this guide before continuing.

When dealing with trolls please use your ignore list to eliminate the offending message and its poster from your view of the boards. Please read this guide on how to handle internet trolls.

Do not report posts just because you disagree with them or as a way to retaliate against another user. Make sure you understand the abuse report categories and do not use them incorrectly.

If reporting an abusive private message (PM), please do not delete the PM as we can only investigate PM abuse if the message still remains in the system. Also for abusive PMs, instead of reporting the sender, it's much easier for you to add them to your ignore list and then they will never be able to PM you again.

If you still wish to go ahead with this abuse report please provide a description of your complaint in the window below, and then click the "Submit Report" button. Your report will then be automatically sent to us for review and action, if appropriate. Please note that the board administrators cannot provide feedback on the outcome of your report.

Once again, reporting abuse should be used for egregious violations of our guidelines and you should also add the abusive user to your ignore list. Reporting a post which does not violate the terms and/or using an incorrect report category and other misuses of the 'Report Abuse' feature will result in all future abuse reports from your account being automatically discarded without notice.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
Re: Tremblayans! Let's revive the Old Board for our Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 11:21:37 am »
OK forget I said anything, it seems the brand new threads are already beginning to disappear from Pierre Tremblay  :'( I guess it's true you can't go home again, even for a visit. :( lots of visual changes at IMDb maybe they have new software the monitors usage now, either that or somebody doesn't want folks posting there again...so sad :-\  well at least CT is safe here at Bettermost.

Well, I guess our anniversary is really complete now.  Even the trolls are celebrating it!  ::)

At least it makes us feel special.  Someone cares so much about despoiling us, they keep a constant lookout, even a year after we've left.  That takes some  real devotion to meanness and deserves some sort of reward.  I just will refrain from saying what kind of reward I'd like to see bestowed on them.  :-X
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:37:52 am by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2007, 09:51:32 am »
The ignerent SOBs should be kicked into next week, where there's no posts to meddle with!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"