Author Topic: Tremblayans! Let's revive the Old Board for our anniversary  (Read 8740 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Tremblayans! Let's revive the Old Board for our anniversary
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 01:47:42 am »
Hey there,

OK!  So, I just went and posted over there.   ;D   What a trip down memory lane to be posting over at imdb at all (for me at least). 

Meryl,  I totally love your revival of the emoticon thread.  I'm going to need to sleep on it and come up with a contribution to that one in the morning.  But, it certainly highlights one of the best features of imdb's boards.  Those smilies over there are adorable.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 06:18:59 am »
Sure is hard to believe it has been a YEAR already!   

BBM & Chez Tremblay sure has brought alot of Brokies together.   From Brokie Brunches in New York City to Movie viewings in San Fransisco.   Heck we are even international with Brokies crossing the Atlantic to see eachother.    We have Brokies down under too!       Sure, some have come and gone over the months, but I have no doubt that even the ones who are gone cannot deny that the movie is still in their hearts.  And we all owe it to the Brokies at IMDB who started this.   

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 06:19:49 am »
I was never technically on PT back on IMDb, only the big board.  But, would it be OK if I still helped out with the "revive PT" project?  I think this is a really neat idea!

Really? I could've sworn you were on PT because I do remember you from IMDb.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 06:26:53 am »
Sure is hard to believe it has been a YEAR already!   

BBM & Chez Tremblay sure has brought alot of Brokies together.   From Brokie Brunches in New York City to Movie viewings in San Fransisco.   Heck we are even international with Brokies crossing the Atlantic to see eachother.    We have Brokies down under too!       Sure, some have come and gone over the months, but I have no doubt that even the ones who are gone cannot deny that the movie is still in their hearts.  And we all owe it to the Brokies at IMDB who started this.   

Thanks for the picture David. I got a question: I know you are the one on the very left, then on the very right are Anke and Jenny. Who are the two in the middle. Is Meryl the woman with the glasses?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 06:49:01 am »
Thanks for the picture David. I got a question: I know you are the one on the very left, then on the very right are Anke and Jenny. Who are the two in the middle. Is Meryl the woman with the glasses?

Yeah, thats me on the far left.  Next to me is "Hoboken Jeff" from the IMDB days, then Meryl and Anke(Pipedream) and Jenny (Newyearsday).

Pic was taken at the first BBM Brunch at the "Cowgirl" restaraunt in Greenwich Village,  New York City.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 02:11:43 pm »
Really? I could've sworn you were on PT because I do remember you from IMDb.

Hey Bud,

I remember you too!
 :-*

Well, I truly was really, really active on imdb on the main Brokeback board.  I knew tons of people who wound up here at BetterMost (and other forums now too) during my "active" days.  For some reason, I just never explored PT when I was on imdb last year.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 09:38:56 pm »
If you are and old Trembllayan and have the time, a post on the original PT would be a good way to honor this milestone
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Tremblayans! Attempt to revive old board failing as posts are deleted
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 11:54:09 pm »
If you are an old Trembllayan and have the time, a post on the original PT would be a good way to honor this milestone

OK forget I said anything, it seems the brand new threads are already beginning to disappear from Pierre Tremblay  :'( I guess it's true you can't go home again, even for a visit. :( lots of visual changes at IMDb maybe they have new software the monitors usage now, either that or somebody doesn't want folks posting there again...so sad :-\  well at least CT is safe here at Bettermost
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 12:03:30 am »
Dottie, the moment I read that, I went over to the IMDb PT board, and read the emoticon thread.  I hit reply, and it said "YOu can't reply to this post.  It's been deleted."  The whole thread was deleted while I was reading it.  ???

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 12:18:38 am »
Dottie, the moment I read that, I went over to the IMDb PT board, and read the emoticon thread.  I hit reply, and it said "YOu can't reply to this post.  It's been deleted."  The whole thread was deleted while I was reading it.  ???

:o  You're kidding?!!  That's truly shocking.  I remember things like that happening during the worst of the troll wars on the big board last March and April.  Well,  I guess this is a graphic reminder of why imdb really can't be a reliable/ long-term home for our community.  And, as always, hooray for BetterMost!

Darn.  This means my new smilie rendition of the "that's the most I've spoke" scene must be gone.