Author Topic: Book similar to Annie's? Did other author worked on her movie??  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
There is book titled: Say It Out Loud, Journey of a Real Cowboy, by Adam Sutton and Neil McMahon.

Was one of those authors working in the Brokeback Mountain set?

Description of book on Ebay:
When Heath Ledger finished reading the script for Brokeback Mountain - a film about a love affair between two American cowboys - he thought of his friend Adam Sutton, and told him, 'I've just read this script and it sounds a lot like you.' He was right: Adam's own life was reflected in many of the film's themes.
Brokeback Mountain went on to establish itself as a cultural landmark and its impact was felt far beyond the cinema: it was a human story, not a gay story, and audiences of every type responded around the world. Similarly, when Adam Sutton's story appeared on the front page of the Sydney Morning Herald, the response was immediate and extraordinary. 'Meet Heath's mate, the real gay cowboy,' the headline ran, and thousands did - setting a five-year sales record for the paper, and prompting the TV programme Australian Story to devote an episode to Adam's story.
By nature Adam was a masculine daredevil who survived on the strength of his boisterous character. He was 'the crazy bastard' - the maddest, bravest bloke in the room - who had faced tragedy, a prison stint, and five long years on the road that took him from one side of Australia to the other, but who could not face himself. His extraordinary and unlikely journey from the world of cowboys, rodeos and stereotypes, to Hollywood and, finally, to self-acceptance, is a powerful reminder that sometimes truth is even stranger than Hollywood fiction.

Reviews

Its ridiculously good. I'm in here at dawn to finish a story, and still reading.
David Marr
It took the film Brokeback Mountain to coax out Adam Sutton's own amazing story. With the help of journalist friend McMahon, the mixed-up, angry kid unravels a complex story that involves a fatal traffic accident, extreme risk behaviour and a family that sticks by him. You wouldn't read about it in Hollywood.
Sunday Times, Perth.

As I had read of a gay men (who had not accepted himself as gay, but even was violent with gays, for a long time before, and accepting himself on the movie set working in it ),
is this the same subject: Was one of those authors working in the Brokeback Mountain set?

Hugs!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Book similar to Annie's? Did other author worked on her movie??
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 02:45:07 pm »
This link to a story that says Adam Sutton spent some time on the set, not that he worked on the set.

http://towleroad.typepad.com/towleroad/2006/03/gay_cowboy_down.html

Check it out,, it's a good story and the cutest picture of him and his horse!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 02:57:37 pm »
This link to a story that says Adam Sutton spent some time on the set, not that he worked on the set.

http://towleroad.typepad.com/towleroad/2006/03/gay_cowboy_down.html

Check it out,, it's a good story and the cutest picture of him and his horse!

Oh My.... Ride em Cowboy!  ;D

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 03:38:19 pm »
Thanks!! Thanks! Front-Ranger and RossInIllinois!!

Yes, I think it was him who used to even go to gay clubs, and even if he tried to make out, he would beat the hell out of a gay guy, I think he did say.

He was in the making of the Brokeback Mountain, it seems to me.

More about him?

Hugs!!