Author Topic: Why was the Dozy Embrace so sad?  (Read 22352 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Why was the Dozy Embrace so sad?
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2007, 01:58:49 pm »
what is amazing to me is that no matter how much Ennis drives Jack crazy, Jack is still there for him -- he ran to Ennis when he fell apart.  I don't imagine that he would give up on Ennis no matter what.  It looked like the face of exasperation, abandonment (again), and wondering what would ever get through to Ennis.  Unfortunately for everyone, it turned out to be Jack's death.  And the message that pounds away from all of this in my mind is ... don't let this happen to you in your own life.
So true phillip. I am trying to learn from that message but it is so hard.
Lives get complicated and they are so hard to unravel.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2007, 02:35:26 pm »
tasteless fundy Christians and republicans ,

c'mon now. this perioidic stereotyping and bigotry is offensive to everyone. Please restrain from such forms of negativity and putting people down for what they feel and believe. thank you.

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2007, 05:21:18 am »
no
sorry

I have a right to have a low opinion of both
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2007, 03:21:52 pm »
i guess you do have the right to stereotype people and label them with demeaning and intimidating slurs.

But, then, you don't have the right to take issue with others who may make similarly disparaging remarks about groups you hold in esteem or favor.

Ever hear of the 'golden rule'? A little less hate and a bit more love might work better.

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2007, 09:04:07 pm »
I beg your pardon, but referring to what I wrote as hate is not acceptable.

If you wish to be indignant about demeaning and intimidating slurs perhaps you should be indignant at the continual demeaning and  intimidating slurs emanating from both groups.

Perhaps you should take umbrage at the disgust expressed by both groups towards the very Dozy Embrace this thread is dedicated to, as a sick perversion of The Natural Order and the Law of God [fundy christians] and Plain Sick[the current regime.]

For your delectation, check this out--a truly crazy right wing view of BBM...and brokies. Yeah. US.

Which God>>??? Sure ain't MINE, and they have no right to dump  the low rent deranged & classless version of God  promoted in that clip on me or anyone else. Even you. THAT, my friend is hate. I hope you watch it. You may better define your terms.

I find it quite curious that you should take umbrage when Bushites and radical fundamentalists are described as 'tasteless', but say nothing about their shrill  denunciations of gay and bi HUMANS. We are indeed HUMANS and what both preach does INDEED deny our humanity.

I repeat: these  hypocrites deny us our HUMANITY. I assume they're disgusted at you as well, [presuming you're gay or bi of course]  but apparently you accept it.

There is NO RULE which says one has to sit meekly while bullies mock, which we get from both groups on a daily basis.

Since you brought it up, NO, I do not care for intimidating slurs emanating from the groups on the other side, either. I won't take that crap from either side.

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:43:13 pm by brokebackjack »

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2007, 12:16:29 pm »
Ok!@ We're gonna have to call the Sherriff!
Can't we all just get along? I think both points are valid but next time lets have it out in a PM.
This was a beautiful thread (IMHO) and know it's a slug fest.
Sorry, just my two cents.

I just had to add this. I watched the you tube link you had.
Fred Phelps and his inbred followers are not even Christians. This is not how the mainstream Christians or even your more fundementalist Christians operate or believe.
This guy is a nut job and most of the parishoners in his so called Church are his own family members. Jesus said you will know my flock by their fruit (paraphrasing) meaning that you will know a true follower of Christ by how they act and what they do.If they behave as Jesus did and follow what he said then you know. I'm sure Jesus weeps over people like this even speaking his name.
Saying all Christians are like this is like saying all Gay men are like, I don't know, Ru Paul or some other drag queen. It's like saying all Muslims are terrorists, all black people are criminals etc etc.
The reason I didn't pm this is because I wanted people who do watch this to know what a whacko this guy is.
I am a Christian and this guy is most definitly not.
No hard feelins jack? I agree with a lot of what you said but this guy is no way a spokesman for Christianity.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 12:30:13 pm by loneleeb3 »
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2007, 12:57:54 pm »

If you wish to be indignant about demeaning and intimidating slurs perhaps you should be indignant at the continual demeaning and  intimidating slurs emanating from both groups.

Look, to me it is very simple...

Painting over half the nation of "republicans" and over 90% of the nation of "Christians" with the same, negative brush that you have done, jack, is by definition a bad use of stereotyping. It is a bigotry and it is 'hate' speach, as defined by those who actively assess the PC language we should use.

I'm sorry, just because a person is a member of a so-called minority group or claims some sort of victim status does NOT give that person the right to use vernacular or actions that he/she is fighting to eliminate from being used by others. If this concept is not clear and unquestionably agreed to, there is no hope. And, those who cannot live by such a basic undertanding will only help perpetuate the disunity of our culture and distrust of people who are different. Thanks for listening.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 01:07:37 pm by HerrKaiser »

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2007, 05:25:37 pm »
This belongs in PM's

And exactly WHERE did i malign all Christians??

Exactly WHERE did I malign all Republicans?

This is in nothing so much as your own head; I dumped on fringe groups

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2007, 06:40:17 pm »
I dumped on fringe groups
Most of them deserve to be dumped on! ;D

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2007, 07:59:26 pm »
It certainly is not my place to tell anyone what they should write and say. I do believe that this place is for everyone to express their thoughts and feelings.

But I have to be honest, I started this thread to write and talk about the incredible beauty and heartbreaking sadness of the Dozy Embrace.  There have been a lot of wonderful thoughts expressed here about that breathtaking scene.

But I did just have to say that it does make me rather sad to read what has been happening here.

I do believe that everyone has the right to express what they feel, so I decided to do so too.