Author Topic: Our dear friend John "Nasty" Gallagher :)  (Read 46661 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Our dear friend John Gallagher (both threads now merged into one)
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2006, 02:59:00 pm »
Hi Everyone,

There were originally two threads started to and about John, one started by me, one by Leslie (lnicoll).  Today, Leslie and I merged our threads to make this one.  All the original posts from both threads are here, in chronological order.

Clarissa

Excellent work on the merge, and good idea!  I want to have coffee with ya'll...I want to sit with you and listen to Anke's audio report again, and enjoy everyone's company and hear Jenny's harmonica playing (I owe her some CDs anyway).

BBM continues to serve humanity - it has changed hearts and minds, revealed and healed wounds, and woven a tapestry of caring and friendship around the world.  I hope Annie & Ang and everyone connected with this movie have the contentment of knowing that they have changed lives.

Jenny - as far as I know, the moderator magic wand includes a "Merge" function, but I've never used it, and assume it's easy to screw up, so congrats to Elle & Leslie for not doing that!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 04:31:09 pm by yaadpyar »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2006, 03:09:53 pm »
Oh, yaadpyar (sometimes I simply must type that instead of Celeste!), to have coffee with you would indeed be a slice of heaven. We simply must find a way to get me to Chicago this summer. I'll be sure to bring my harmonica--the tiny one and the regular sized one.

Jenny  :-*
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2006, 03:54:48 pm »
yaadpyar, I come from Chicago, and by God, I'm goling to go back there this fall...if I can meet you.

DOES IT BUG ANYONE THAT THE WORDS UNDER MY AVITAR ARE FROM A FEW SECONDS LATER? Or do you just think, "she's an idiot, what can you say to an idiot?"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 04:00:14 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2006, 04:29:13 pm »
yaadpyar, I come from Chicago, and by God, I'm goling to go back there this fall...if I can meet you.

DOES IT BUG ANYONE THAT THE WORDS UNDER MY AVITAR ARE FROM A FEW SECONDS LATER? Or do you just think, "she's an idiot, what can you say to an idiot?"

All right - ya'll come on!  Of course we'll meet.  Tell ya what - we'll have a Brokie Brunch in Chicago!  But we're gonna have to get Anke here - no way I'm doing it without her doing an audio report - it just transform the mundane into the divine.  Whoever you work for, Anke, is so lucky to have you! 

Julie - I never noticed that the words under your avatar are late, and I know better than to think you're an idiot...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Our dear friend John Gallagher
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2006, 05:41:10 pm »
Per Front-Ranger's recommendation of O Lucky Man!, I would certainly concur that that is a most interesting movie, with a wonderful (as always) performance from Malcolm McDowell. But I do want to warn the faint of heart that there is a brief scene in the film that scared the bejeesus out of me! Don't want to scare anyone away from this Lindsay Anderson classic, but to be forewarned is to be fore-armed.

Haha, does that scene have anything to do with, er, ham, Scott?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2006, 07:29:13 pm »
Gee thanks Clarissa and Leslie! How did you do that? Was it just a click of a button or a painstakingly slow process?

Jenny, yaadpie is right - it's a moderator capability.  I used it once before to merge Sheyne's two pieces of her deliciously painful Malaysian subtitles thread.  It's easy to do, the system guided me through, step by step.  Yaadpie, try it!  You can create two threads and practice.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2006, 09:18:07 pm »

It's easy to do, the system guided me through, step by step.  Yaadpie, try it!  You can create two threads and practice.

Thanks Elle.  I love when you call me yaadpie.  I feel like a Hogwarts student trying new potions and spells!!!

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2006, 10:12:47 pm »
When I am viewing a thread, there's a button at the bottom that says 'Merge.' Are you sure merging is only a moderator capability?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2006, 01:57:45 am »
Maybe it's an everybody capability.  I've wondered before what this difference in capabilities is.  Clarissa

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2006, 09:52:14 am »
Meryl, I would LOVE to see you--Jenny said Wednesday May 10 or Thursday May 11, 5:45--6:00pm--I can go either day--I have speech therapy on Wednesday till 1:30 to 2:30pm at 77th and Park--I am staying with a friend for a while at 47th between 3rd and Lex--Let me when you would like to chat--I'm curious if there are gummi sheep!

xxx for old Haiku friends
John!
 :)
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"