Author Topic: Our dear friend John "Nasty" Gallagher :)  (Read 46653 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Our dear friend John Gallagher (both threads now merged into one)
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2006, 12:11:42 pm »
Yeehaw, John!  Either day is good, so let's make it Wednesday if Jenny agrees.  Do you know a good place to meet that's near where you're staying?

Cain't hardly wait!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2006, 02:51:04 pm »
Oooooooo - I'm jealous!  I might just try to call you by cell phone.  Can one of you pour a nice vanilla latte through the phone so I can feel like I'm there having coffee with you?
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2006, 04:07:39 am »
Glad you're feeling better John, and great to hear from you. (If I haven't said that already.  Or even if I have  ;D)

moremojo

Re: Our dear friend John Gallagher
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2006, 03:16:50 pm »
Haha, does that scene have anything to do with, er, ham, Scott?
Precisely! You didn't even need any prodding from me to guess to which moment I was referring.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2006, 07:00:34 pm »
Wow!  I just got off the phone from talking with John.  I crashed the get-together with Meryl and Jenny and John, and I'm so glad I did.  Meryl said she took a pic of John on the cell phone with me, so she'll post that some time I'm sure.

Wonderful, dear John is doing remarkably well.  Speak and listening are challenging for him, but there's no challenge for his sheer warmth and lovliness to just shine through, and we were both in tears by the end of the call (which doesn't happen to me, I promise!). 

I can't tell you how touching and special it was to speak with him, and know how much our love and good wishes have meant to him, and how real and important this community has become to each of us.  One of the things he said was how, when he was still in the hospital, and would awaken at 4 or 5 in the morning, he would just sit quietly for a couple of hours, not thinking anything at all, but feeling completely peaceful, and what an extraordinary experience that was.

I'm sure Jenny and Meryl will post something about their experience, but wanted to catch you up on the latest.  And when John's brain has repaired some I hope he'll be able to read this and post his own thoughts.  I can't wait until then...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 07:02:56 pm by YaadPyar »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2006, 10:53:28 pm »
Celeste, thanks for the report.  It was great talking to you tonight!  Can't wait to meet you in Chicago next week if we can work it out for lunch on the 22nd.  :)

John and Jenny, you rock!  I wrote some more in the Brunch thread, but I can report it was really great fun getting together and tightening those Brokeback bonds.  I wish it could be like this, just like this, always.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2006, 11:33:54 pm »
Celeste, thanks for the report.  It was great talking to you tonight!  Can't wait to meet you in Chicago next week if we can work it out for lunch on the 22nd.  :)

John and Jenny, you rock!  I wrote some more in the Brunch thread, but I can report it was really great fun getting together and tightening those Brokeback bonds.  I wish it could be like this, just like this, always.  :-*

Celeste, what beautiful words--you captured the heart of the moment so well. I was less eloquent in my post on the brunch thread but it is so true how much our love and our community means to John (and to me too!). Hearing him talk about some things we have gone through together as a community really said something that few have been able to articulate in such a heartfelt way. Thank you for that John. Words may not come easily for you now, and sometimes they just aren't enough, but that's not a bad thing necessarily, because it gives the love more spaces to shine through from within.

And Meryl, re: your sentiments above, me too. :)

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2006, 02:04:47 am »
I am so sorry I missed the call.  I love all three of you.  Hug, Clarissa

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2006, 02:43:10 am »
Meryl, you'll be in Chicago on the 22nd? Darn, I'll be in North Carolina... :-\

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2006, 11:18:34 am »
Meryl, you'll be in Chicago on the 22nd? Darn, I'll be in North Carolina... :-\
Well dang it, Courtney!  One of these days we'll manage to meet.  Y'know, we all oughta go to Mexico.  ;D

I am so sorry I missed the call.  I love all three of you.  Hug, Clarissa
We love you right back, Clarissa!  Sorry we didn't connect this time.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...