Author Topic: Our dear friend John "Nasty" Gallagher :)  (Read 46665 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: News from our dear friend jmmgallagher
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2006, 04:34:21 am »
John:

* BIG hugs from over in Scotland*

I'm wishing you a very speedy recovery but take it easy and rest, we will be all here when you need us and be thinking of you and sneding silent good vibes to you when you don't...

should you need anything that we can help with.. please let us know...

Kelda
x

:-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2006, 07:57:47 am »
Miss you John.  But don't try to hurry back if it's too hard to type.  One of the quadraplegics in Murderball said that after his spinal injury, "The first thing I learned how to do was whack off.  I'd rather hold my meat than a toothbrush."

Keep you priorities straight.

:-* :-* :-*
Kirk

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2006, 08:05:27 am »
John,
Think of me, wiping your fevered brow and spooning sips of chicken soup down your throat.

David in Hartford might want to hire you a male nurse, but believe me, I'd do a better job.  ;)

Love ya,
Leslie, RN
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2006, 08:46:02 am »
John,
all the best for a quick recovery. We're looking forward to read your posts soon. Take care,
Luigi
They were two friends of mine

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2006, 11:08:41 am »
Dear Sweet John,

My love and prayers are going straight to you, along with everyone else's here. An army of brokie love cannot be held back! This army'll get ya, friend, and you won't be sorry.

So, what're you supposed to do now, hunh? Guess you gotta go in there, and (metaphorically) untangle them Chilean sheep outta [your other herd]. At least I think that's a good metaphor for what happens in a stroke (neurons being sheep and belonging to their own herd/destination path!)

So everybody and their dog (sheep dogs, of course) can help John out by imagining all us brokies along with John, on horseback (and riding magnificently I might add) getting them sheep to go into their two separate herds all nice and orderly without Jack havin to go in there and drag 'em all one by one!! Then, when we're done, we'll ride back to camp together, serenading you with our awful harmonica playing to your heart's content.

Let the visualization begin!!

It makes me feel good that you can connect to us right here, right now, from your home, any time. We'll try to make it worth your read. One step at a time, one day at a time. We know you'll be back all in one piece before long. "Sure seem like you're in one piece to me..." (forgive me if that's a bit off, the book is not by my side).

Love,

Jenny
p.s. I am PMing you John

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2006, 12:10:04 pm »
John -

Always enjoyed your posts here & on TOB.  Hope to see your thoughts & insights again soon.

LJ
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2006, 12:13:27 pm »
Dearest J,

We're right here.  We're your Tremblayans, and you can't get rid of us now.  We're thinking of you all the time, crossing everything and hoping you'll be feeling better soon. 

Anyway, you've got to be feeling better soon.  After all, you're my Man On The Scene, my intrepid History Boys reporter.  Just think of the dangerously delicious Dominic Cooper, and things will seem a little brighter.  Dominic tells me that if you come to his dressing room after the performance, there's a little something he'd like to show you.  He's such a flirt, that one.

I love you and miss you.

Adriana

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2006, 02:59:28 pm »
John, always one of the best posters ever--please recover soon, and come back to us. From a selfish point of view--it ain't FAIR!

I'll post some of my favorite pictures--although watching DVDs is probabloy something you have no trouble doing! I included three from the Twist home, remembering your enthsiastic participation in CasetCornelius' great thread. CLICK to ENLARGE...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 03:20:29 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2006, 03:04:40 pm »
More: (click to enlarge)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 03:21:28 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2006, 03:22:32 pm »
..and one of Ennis and John Twist I just did for you. That light! How did CC describe it?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 03:24:10 pm by julie01 »