Author Topic: cosmetic changes?  (Read 4949 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: cosmetic changes?
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 03:32:15 pm »
I'm pretty sure bleaching graying dark brown hair with peroxide is not nearly as easy as dyeing graying dark brown hair chestnut brown.  Just keeping the roots from showing would take a lot of effort.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 05:17:14 pm »
I'm pretty sure bleaching graying dark brown hair with peroxide is not nearly as easy as dyeing graying dark brown hair chestnut brown.  Just keeping the roots from showing would take a lot of effort.

I agree with this actually... when it comes to the topic of whether it would be easier for Lureen to lighten her hair or darken the gray hair, if her goal is to cover gray hair.  I think darkening it would be a lot easier.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 07:06:29 pm »
I stand corrected on this point, since I don't dye my hair ! I didn't consider that the roots would grow out and show - LOL!

I was just thinking about the gray and the peroxide blonde easily merging with each other. So, poor Lureen was going to a lot of trouble for a fashion. I feel for her.

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 07:13:34 pm »

If ya buy a product called Miss Clairol's Whipped Cream, it softens the gray hairs so that they take the dye easier. How do I know this, I am not a beautician...maybe cause I a gay man.....LOL

TampaTalon^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 07:21:54 pm »
Hey, thanks Tampa. that is good to know. I am finally getting some gray in the temples and have wondered if I should dye it. I asked D.L. if I should dye it, and he just laughed at me, so I guess he is OK with my newly grown gray hairs ! But if I ever decide to do a dye job, I'll use that product. LOL!   ;D