Author Topic: The Bettermost Sunrise Project!!! (see first post!) April 15!!  (Read 32428 times)

injest

Re: The Bettermost Sunrise Project!!! (see first post!) April 15!!
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2007, 09:41:56 am »
ROTF!! YAY Lee!! confusing the dog and getting the job done!!

just beautiful thank you!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2007, 09:42:16 am »
Whoa, Leslie...so far I think you are the winner on the most spectacular color in mainland USA! Thank you for taking part! just beautiful!

Thank you, Jess!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2007, 10:39:06 am »
Unfortunately I could not get up on time for sunrise.  Anyway if I did it would have looked very much like this picture here that I took a little while ago.  I posted it in my place and now I am posting it here.

The storm is bad already.

Here is the Atlantic Ocean in the storm.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2007, 10:44:53 am »
What is that saying? Red sky at morning, mariners take warning? So, I'm chagrined to see there's a red sky in Maine, because my FRiend is climbing Mt. Washington today in neighboring New Hampshire.  :(

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2007, 11:05:10 am »
What is that saying? Red sky at morning, mariners take warning? So, I'm chagrined to see there's a red sky in Maine, because my FRiend is climbing Mt. Washington today in neighboring New Hampshire.  :(

Red sky at night, sailors' delight
Red sky in morning, sailors take warning.

I can honestly say I do not think this is a good day to be climbing Mt. Washington!

The newspaper is full of dire warnings, like this: "The Interim Fire Administrator in Falmouth warned the curious to keep a safe distance from raging seas, which sometimes reach above power lines."

Huh? I think they are so sick of writing about the winter weather they have started babbling. Here's another gem, regarding the Boston Marathon, scheduled for tomorrow:

"Massachusetts safety officials said they are confident that the race will take place, although runners might experience hypothermia and flooded roads."

I think I'll stay home and watch it on TV!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline SunnySirppu

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2007, 11:26:41 am »
I did it :D Despite work, I was able to take sunrise pictures on the right day. But... so happens that I have usb transfer cable in my appartment instead of where I am right now, so I can't put them online yet  :(
Later, in a few days, I'll be able to upload them if you're still interested how the morning was in Finland.

But I've enjoyed all of your pics now, so thank you. You live around some really beautiful sceneries, I'll tell you that :)

injest

« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2007, 11:35:37 am »
I did it :D Despite work, I was able to take sunrise pictures on the right day. But... so happens that I have usb transfer cable in my appartment instead of where I am right now, so I can't put them online yet  :(
Later, in a few days, I'll be able to upload them if you're still interested how the morning was in Finland.

But I've enjoyed all of your pics now, so thank you. You live around some really beautiful sceneries, I'll tell you that :)

absolutely!! PLEASE do come back and post them!! and thank you. I think it is so interesting to see how different the weather is all over the world. The time difference gives me a headache when I think about it...but to think that I have sunny warm weather while somewhere else there is snow is just amazing to me. The internet has changed my perception on the world so much!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2007, 12:27:39 pm »
Here is a picture of sunrise on Mt. Washington in New Hampshire today, just for grins:

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Wayne

« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2007, 01:08:40 pm »
Atlanta 6:50
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2007, 01:12:35 pm »
Atlanta 6:58
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don