Author Topic: Messages on the Move... Starting May 1st  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Messages on the Move... Starting May 1st
« on: April 22, 2006, 04:08:39 pm »
As the site continues to grow, it's becoming more important than ever for us to keep things neat and tidy around here.  I'd like folks to get into the habit of considering which forum is the best place for your new messages, especially those pertaining to new items about the movie, as well as clips and footage, magazine articles, etc.  We have a forum called Movie Resources which is serving as an archive for BBM-related news, which is especially important to people new to the BBM experience.

If you have a news item to contribute, please do post it in Movie Resources.  If you have some neat short stories or links to great fiction in the BBM tradition, we have a forum for that as well, etc.

Starting on May 1st, I've asked the moderators to begin moving certain messages to the appropriate forums so that people can more easily find them.  This won't affect the more conversational threads around here.  I just want to make sure that the more formal writings, articles, and resources for the movie and its impact can be found by any user here, especially as we continue to head towards 20,000 messages on here!  A link to moved messages will continue to appear in the original forum it was posted in to make sure everyone can find it.

I anticipate this will affect around 5% of messages posted on BetterMost at most.

Thanks for your understanding.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 10:45:53 am by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Re: Messages on the Move... Starting May 1st
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 05:01:06 pm »
Thanks for the info, Capn' Phill! ;D I was gonna write a post about my, rather eventful but hardly anything to do with BBM, day. Where should I put this? Is it still alright to post on C.T until May 1st or should I put it in one of the other forums?
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: Messages on the Move... Starting May 1st
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 05:17:15 pm »
You guys in here are part of a community so it's fine to post that kind of stuff here, although I hope you'll also consider the Our Daily Thoughts forum, where every user on here can start his/her own mini-blog/diary/whatever and post their thoughts on how they are doing and others can offer their encouragement and support.  But you aren't required to do that there.

You are part of the greater BetterMost community now, so every forum here is open and being used by the same folks using this one.  That being said, CT is a vital part of BetterMost as well, so this place will also be here.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming