Author Topic: Celeste.  (Read 5417 times)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Celeste.
« on: April 22, 2006, 05:06:19 pm »
Did we lose Celeste as Chez Tremblay moderator?
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
Re: Celeste.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 06:37:59 pm »
 ???was wondering that myself, Sparkle??????............................
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 06:54:42 pm »
It says on her profile that she is still a Brokeback moderator. Maybe she got moved to another forum? ???
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 07:12:02 pm »
Yadie, have you been naughty?  Did you get called to the principal's office for passing dirty notes in English class?  A sound spanking for you!

In all seriousness, was the whole moderator gig a bit much?  I don't blame you.  I hit the wall after going to every prefects' meeting and joining every goddamn club in high school.  I became allergic to responsibility of any kind.  Pass the buck, that's my motto.

Still, you'll always be a moderator to me, my darling Yadie.

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 07:29:16 pm »
Hi kids - thanks for the concern.  I did ask to be removed as a moderator.  I'm not resigning my membership as a Brokie, and I'll still be posting way toooooo much stuff in The Daily Thoughts Forum and wherever else I'm inspired too.  But Chanterairs is right...

was the whole moderator gig a bit much?  I don't blame you.  I hit the wall after going to every prefects' meeting and joining every goddamn club in high school.  I became allergic to responsibility of any kind.  Pass the buck, that's my motto.

Still, you'll always be a moderator to me, my darling Yadie.

I never intended to be a moderator, and while I'm honored to be trusted with that role, I much prefer just hanging out with all ya'll wonderful folks.  So that's what I'm going to do...just hang out, and get back to enjoying my own version of being a Brokie. 

It's actually a big relief.  I'm less allergic to responsibility than I used to be, but I still love my freedom more than most anything else.

I'll get back here later...Courtney & Andrew (cmr107 & littledarlin) are here visiting, and I don't want to be a rude host, when they're such perfect guests!

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 07:48:38 pm »
yaadpyar--wherever you post, whenever, it's always special...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 10:13:06 pm »

yaadpyar--wherever you post, whenever, it's always special...

Ahhhhh - theanks Jewels.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 11:00:32 pm »
Lots of fun today Celeste! You sure you don't want roommates?

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 12:38:30 am »
Lots of fun today Celeste! You sure you don't want roommates?

for real!  i'll sleep in the elevator. 

seriously, everyone needs to consider meeting up with local brokies.  if they're anything like celeste & courtney, you will be shocked and pleased. 
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 12:46:21 am »
for real!  i'll sleep in the elevator.

Oooh, good idea. I call the other elevator! I might even consider the fire escape. Maybe Celeste would have an extra blanket for the winter.

seriously, everyone needs to consider meeting up with local brokies.  if they're anything like celeste & courtney, you will be shocked and pleased. 

You're sweet! I completely agree.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 07:49:41 am »
How 'bout one of you get's the terrace and one gets the fire escape?  The elevators get use by other people. so that might be awkward...

Seriously - how great is it when cyber-friends turn into real people and then turn into real friends!  Hours of hanging out, enjoying each other's company, and then wanting to do it again?!?  Thanks BBM!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 01:39:38 pm »
Well seeing as I don't live in the US and the only other BBM friends live up in Scotland and Wales I doubted that I would ever get to meet a Brokie from this site, but the news came to me that I was going to Niagra Falls at the end of May and hey presto I am (hopefully) meeting up with Jenny up there. I have been trying to recruit but no one else seems to want to go. Was is something I said? :-\ Or was it the fact that Niagra is such a long way to drive? ??? But I am happy cause I will (hopefully) get to meet Jenny, but I do wish more people would jump on the once in a life time, until next year when I am coming to DC, band wagon and come up to see me, but I guessed wrong. And willing volenteers?
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 02:16:53 pm »
Oh Becky - you are coming for a holiday weekend, and with what little paid vacation folks get, most make plans far in advance for them (like me).  Also, it's a very big country, and unless you're near that area, getting there can take hours and lots of $$$$. 

Please don't take the lack of ability as a lack of enthusiasm or willingness.  Andrew, who picked up Courtney on his way into the city, lives close to an hour from me (depending on traffic), and he's pretty close by.  So you can imagine the challenges when the cities and states are even farther away....

That's a nice thing about cyberlife - you can be close in our hearts even if far away otherwise...    :-*

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2006, 02:25:03 pm »
Oh ok, now I get it. I thought it was cause people didn't want to meet up. Thanks for clearing that up Celeste.  :-*

P.s: Have you thought any more about the quiz questions?

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2006, 04:08:35 pm »

P.s: Have you thought any more about the quiz questions?

True confessions Becks...I haven't watched the DVD through all the way even once!  I will try to do some of that, and get some questions for you though, and make some fun for everyone.   :D

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 04:10:27 pm »
Yeah I am getting the DVD tomorrow so we can both brainstorm and then compare notes. Then publish it on the games board for all to have fun with! ;D