Author Topic: So How Did Jack Feel About His Parents??  (Read 2191 times)

injest

So How Did Jack Feel About His Parents??
« on: April 15, 2007, 11:48:05 pm »
I have been moving my mother this weekend. She had been living with her brother for a couple of years. It was easy for us because he has money and kept an eye on her.

But she has decided she wants to live alone. Went out and found herself a duplex to stay in. Now around here one bedroom apartments go for $400 a month...that is an APARTMENT. She found this duplex for $200. You can imagine.

you know I can't help feeling upset and a little embarrassed. and a little angry with her. She can't help it that she has no money at this point in her life but she wont take things from us so she goes and buys the cheapest CRAP she can find rather than let us spend a couple of extra dollars and get her something nice. 

I wonder if Jack was not also just a bit ashamed of his family. Ashamed of being poor and making do.

I understand completely why Jack never brought Lureen to meet his parents....and I understand completely why he ran so hard from that little farmhouse. I have been running all my life.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: So How Did Jack Feel About His Parents??
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 12:15:55 pm »
I heard some say that Jack hooked up with Lureen for the Money.
Well, seeing what he came from I can understand that.
Coming from humble beginings as well, I can understand it all.
Also, Jacks Dad was kinda hard. I also think he knew his sons orientation and Jack didn't want to risk losing Lureen and the facade he had created because of his dads  indiscretion.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"