Author Topic: The Ties that Bind  (Read 19609 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
The Ties that Bind
« on: April 16, 2007, 04:35:57 pm »
http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/1057163.html

If you don't have enough kink in your life, try this new fic by Wannabebrit. It has just started so if you are a wait-til-it's-finished kind a person (I try to be but just can't resist reading every new one that pops up)  keep it on the back-burner. If you like to torture yourself waiting for updates, chapters 1 and 2 are posted. It is AU!AU with Jack in NYC moving in with Ennis after his (Jack's) apartment is sold. Mr. delMar is quite the enigma and curiosity just might get our Jack into some serious, um, trouble.

Somebody read it and let's dish.

roux the  O0

Heathen

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
Re: The Ties that Bind
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 06:14:06 pm »
Hey, Roux -

SPOILER

Yeah, just from skimming the comments, it's obvious that Wannabebrit has pushed a lot of buttons with this one,  ;D and I can see why:

“Ain’t no one breaking me, Ennis.” Jack resisted the urge to reach out, and pull Ennis forward, and kiss him, touch him, do anything to him. He wanted to see just where this was going. He felt like he was on the edge of a cliff, about to either fly or fall.

“No, I don’t believe in breaking in something that’s so resistant to it. Sometimes it’s better to let the animal go. Some are just better in the wild. But what I like most is taking something wild and earning its trust, letting it allow me to take the reins, and showing it what we can do together.” Ennis paused, and ran his hand down Jack’s arms, their hands touching, as Ennis pulled him away from the door. “I don’t like anything tame, never have.”   

Guh.  The second chapter followed the first pretty quickly, let's hope the third follows suit. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 07:02:10 pm »
She did a great job setting this up-the end of chapter two just sizzled. I was afraid to read DrugDealer!Jack and that turned out to be one of my most fave fics out there. I'm curious to see just how far Wannabebrit goes with this...

Heathen

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 10:43:52 pm »
Oh man, roux!! I had to sign in for a minute to rec this fic. I'm loving it so far!

The beautiful thing about this, is every single sentence seems to have a double meaning. Ennis giving Jack the water bottle but not taking one for himself because "I know my limits, but I don't know yours"... uh, *thud*

and the entire conversation about Sage being obediant. Then the wild stalion... um, I really don't even have words. This fic has me hook, line and sinker.

Alexis is definitely going to ruffle some feathers with this one though. I just really hope people will go in with open minds and realize that BDSM doesn't fit the stereotypes and stigmas most people think of and that, a lot of times, it isn't even about sex, but trust and loving relationships and mutual consent so that both partners get what they want out of the situation.

The biggest complaint I'm seeing so far is "Jack is the submissive one, again" and "Jack is in the feminine role". I wish people would stop thinking with those stereotypes though and realize that being the submissive partner in BDSM doesn't exactly mean what it sounds like. The sub is actually the one with the most power because they give permission and allow everything to happen and say when to stop. Without the sub allowing the use of his/her body, nothing could happen. The dom's pleasure is entirely dependant on the sub allowing it.

Anyway, sorry to rant about that, but some of the discussion I've been seeing about this story has been frustrating me. I think this is going to be a very interesting ride!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:44:42 pm »
oh, and she said she'll have the third out either tomorrow or wednesday! Yippee!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 02:26:54 am »
Mandy-

So true about the dual meanings throughout the story thus far. Such a great portent of things to come and a subtle look into the being of  Ennis. And yes, peeps need to get over that whole defensiveness about Jack's "role". Hopefully the story will be a source of education and allow people to more beyond their stereotypes.

I suspect the controversy will be a bit more low-key here then it will be at, say, DC. Curious to see what happens at LJ.

I say "go on with your bad self" Alexis!

p.s. Minchout remains the queen of the totally-suck-you-in-immediately

Heathen

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 06:46:08 am »
I just gave this story a quick run through. Very intriguing beginning, I have to say! I have enjoyed Alexis's other stories, looking forward to more of this one.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 07:21:54 pm »
Chapter three is up now and I have to say that is the hottest thing I think I have ever read, Bob better look out I may rip his clothes off when he walks in the door tonight...between a 3 day absence and that HOT HOT story, whew!  Not sure how I'm gonna feel about S&M and Bondage part but I totally get the D/s thing. ::)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 12:49:15 am »
Dottie-I wanted to post a comment after reading it but I was totally speechless. That story has an undercurrent of intensity that is messing with my mind-and body  ;D

O0

Heathen

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 02:07:30 am »
Dottie-I wanted to post a comment after reading it but I was totally speechless. That story has an undercurrent of intensity that is messing with my mind-and body  ;D

O0

Oh yes!  Very Intense.  I read Jack as..well Jack, ya know..but this Ennis, I LOVE this Ennis.  So sexy, so intense but still so Ennis.  I guess, it's the college educated, city dwelling, money in the bank Ennis  ;) the one who's become cosmoplitan enough to be comfortable with his sexuality.  Love Him.
Life is not a dress rehearsal