Author Topic: OK guys is it my imagination  (Read 9863 times)

vkm91941

OK guys is it my imagination
« on: April 23, 2006, 04:30:42 pm »
Or has this topic kind of cooled off since you all now have your own playground?  Everytime I pop over here day or night this place is so empty my footsteps echo!  I would have thought this joint would be jumpin!  What gives... :-\

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: OK guys is it my imagination
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 04:35:27 pm »
Victoria I was just thinking the same thing.     But not just this area, the Chez board has been pretty quiet all weekend too.       Where did everyone go?    ???

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 05:07:58 pm »
Yeah I just went over to the CT board and there are aload of people just hanging round there and not posting. Sundays are normally really busy, but not today. I wonder why?
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 11:50:53 pm »
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz     :-\

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 06:15:36 am »

Hey *cough*

*Sheyne's cough echoes*

I can't speak for anybody else but me, so that's all I'm going to speak for. I'm back at school now, teaching. And that basically means that I'm not around when you lovely folk in America are, so anytime I'm online, I'm just catching up on anything that's been said during peak-hour for you guys.

It seems like the NC17 thread was the Chez Tremblay Studio 54 for a while but I guess we're all creatures of habit at heart and we liked posting THERE. And I know Phillip's gotta keep an eye on the length of the threads and our heels have cooled a little since we stopped posting in it...  It was like a little home for us to come to of a night (day for me, but again, I'm not on holidays anymore) and talk to each other.  Sorry, but just wasn't the same anywhere else, not for me..   :-\

Or maybe we're all just busy????  I'm not speaking for anybody except me right now.  So please don't think I've represented anybody else.  I'm busy as hell right now and the truth is, I'm missin the NC17 days so much I can hardly stand it...  :(

Sheyne.

PS - and nobody's heard anything from Nicole, have they??
Chut up!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 09:53:47 am »
I'm missin' the NC17 days, I'm missin' Nicole and I'm missin' rt who seems to have gone AWOL, too. Not sure what happened...is it the move or something else?

And as David said, the board was very quiet all weekend. Maybe everyone is realizing it is time to move on? If that's the case, it makes me very sad, since I never want our little community to end.

L
xo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 12:04:39 pm »
And as David said, the board was very quiet all weekend. Maybe everyone is realizing it is time to move on? If that's the case, it makes me very sad, since I never want our little community to end.

All along, I always knew that if BetterMost was all things Brokeback Mountain and the movie, the days for this place being relevant to a large group of people would be short.  After all, how much and how long can you discuss every little detail about the film itself?

I created BetterMost as a journey.  People enter by focusing on the film and its characters and the meaning of its message.  Then they begin to consider what that message means in their own life.  And finally they finish the story in their own lives, and that's an ongoing process.

BetterMost is a social networking and support site.  We have one major thing in common with each other - we've all been hit hard by the film.  It -connected- with us and touched us.  Apart from that, we often lead very different lives.  Among all of us, we have such a huge range of collective wisdom, experience, and interests, that it's a shame we haven't shared more of them with each other.

The real reason for Anything Goes was never just as a place to post risque cowboy pics.  It was laying the foundation for us to begin discussing the things that interest us in our own lives apart from just all-things Brokeback.  I remember nicpic64 talking about how she'd be there if we started talking about motherhood, teaching or Canada.  These things are all 'real life' issues which can be openly discussed right here. 

BetterMost will continue to evolve in the weeks ahead.  We won't be leaving the movie behind, because there will always be new Brokies (and old ones who see it again and realize they just 'got' something they missed before), but we will continue to work on making sure this place isn't just frozen in time.

Some old friends may leave, but with all of your help, we'll have new ones join us as well.

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 12:36:16 pm »
I actually want to start talking about the movie again...it feels like I never talk about it anymore. I also think I'm gonna watch it tomorrow night, have some alone time and put on my headphones and watch it on here.

moremojo

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 01:30:19 pm »
Victoria I was just thinking the same thing.     But not just this area, the Chez board has been pretty quiet all weekend too.       Where did everyone go?    ???
Just to let folks know--I am almost never online on Saturdays and Sundays, though every once in a blue moon I might be. I hope to make up for my weekend quietness Mondays through Fridays.

Cheers,
Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 06:53:49 pm by moremojo »

rtprod

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 02:11:38 pm »
It seems like the NC17 thread was the Chez Tremblay Studio 54 for a while but I guess we're all creatures of habit at heart and we liked posting THERE. And I know Phillip's gotta keep an eye on the length of the threads and our heels have cooled a little since we stopped posting in it...  It was like a little home for us to come to of a night (day for me, but again, I'm not on holidays anymore) and talk to each other.  Sorry, but just wasn't the same anywhere else, not for me..   

I'm missin the NC17 days so much I can hardly stand it... 

Actually, I am too.  Perhaps it's not the thread but it's what was happening there nightly.  I can't really explain it but it was a little home and having it as part of the CT board allowed everyone on the board to cruise in and add their two, ten or twenty cents.  To Phil's point, it has been a launching pad to some other great things... 

We can always revive the NC-17 thread -- it's really only been about a week now though it seems like much longer, eh? 

Leslie, thanks for missin' me.  xoxox

rt    ;D