Author Topic: One Man Men  (Read 44804 times)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: One Man Men
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2007, 04:24:02 am »
Interesting! Hi to all of you!!

This is an interesting subject: One Man Men!!

Does it mean that if you are a gay man, and if you are in an relationship like married or coupled with another gay man, that an one man man prefers monogramy? (Is that the right word?)

Just asking...

hugs!!  Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all...!!P.S.Can we be contend when one is an One Man Man?
Joyeaux Noel et Bonne Annee!

I would think a 'one-man man' is just that...a man who is with ONE MAN and wants only that ONE MAN. A man who does not screw around. In BBM, Ennis was a 'one-man man' if there ever was one, while Jack had a roving eye. A case could be made that emotionally--if not physically-- Jack Twist was a 'One-Man Man', but I don't think that's what it means in this case. Am I wrong or right about that?

Artiste I'm not gay, and the way I 'know' bisexual means the attraction is person specific, not gender specific. Before I fell in love I did what I wanted to do and had fun. AFTER falling in love, there was no desire for anyone else.  I'm a monogamous type, but even so,there wasn't any point in having someone else when I had who I WANTED.

But when that ended I wasn't interested in making do, or settling for Mr Right Now. How--or why--would I want to replace someone irreplaceable?It wasn't possible. I'm not built that way. It wasn't an unhealthy obsession on a 'lost love', or anything like that at all: I had been with my guy and that was it, nobody could replace him.  I'd had what few were graced with and just accepted that fact.  I did not want anyone else. It may even be genetic>>> after my father died my mother never so much as went on a date. She considered herself lucky to have had what they'd shared together. No way she wanted anyone else.
But like I said I'm not gay. Bi is  different from gay and that might be part of these feelings, i don't know..... And you have to remember as a bi male I had The Female Sex. Also, I'm not very sane lolol.

But I do know this....if god forbid something should happen to my wife, that's it, there will not be anyone else. She  is irreplaceable>>>> and i would not even try. I've been blessed twice.

I don't want anyone else.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2007, 10:32:01 am »
I think that for many men as they age their desire to be or not to be monogamous changes. As I have grown older, monogamy IS the option that keeps my interest. When I was younger....oh, well, it was the 70's and things were happening!

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2007, 11:32:19 am »
Thanks brokeplex!

You made my day!! You make me smile with your last sentence. Be assured that I am glad too of your first serious answer!! Both sentences are great!! What great writer you are, and a stud too!!

I am finding that some young gay men to-day seem to be more serious about life, I think. Sure, many may fool around a while, like some straights do. Instead of the utmostly negative limitations of gay lives as in the BM movie, at least there are much more avenues to find a potential partner these days, and the internet helps??

Many persons told me that I am crasy trying to find another gay guy, saying that romance is only fiction. I wonder why these persons are not One Man Men? At least, seeking other gay men??

Hugs!! P.S. Doing an old puzzle yesterday, I notice what Texas is; seems that you have also sheep there too?? And Jacks and Ennisses, therefore?? Of course, it mentions oil, as the millionnaire you are... Texans!!

Merry Christmas, Joyous Holidays too!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2007, 12:24:20 pm »

Hugs!! P.S. Doing an old puzzle yesterday, I notice what Texas is; seems that you have also sheep there too?? And Jacks and Ennisses, therefore?? Of course, it mentions oil, as the millionnaire you are... Texans!!

Merry Christmas, Joyous Holidays too!! ;

Must be an ancient puzzle Artiste, Oh yes, the old Texas economy was based upon cattle ranches, sheep ranches, oil wells and cotton farms....... But, in 2007 Texas is just another urbanized, industrialized, consumer mass market driven economy. Which I think is too bad, I miss the old Texas. But, since I retire next week, I'm not going to worry about it too much!     oooooo-eeeeeee!    ;D

Offline Artiste

« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2007, 04:09:22 pm »
Brokeplex, have a Happy, Happy, Happy, gay retirement soon!!
Looking at that puzzle now, I discover that it is called United States Map Puzzle, No. 102, manufactured by the Automatic Paper Co. Ltd, Toronto, Canada; must be before or during or soon after WWII, since the Texas census was 6, 414, 824 for its population in 1940, it says. What is it now? I find that number of persons very high then! I was surprised!

Having past and stayed overnight in New Mexico, I guess I did venture into parts of Texas to go Route 66 to Los Angeles? But did I meet Ennis or Jack??

So, you are now a One Man's Man! Will you be so too next week?? Dare I ask??

Hugs!!

Merry Gay Christmas to you and to your buddy!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2007, 08:04:03 pm »
Brokeplex, have a Happy, Happy, Happy, gay retirement soon!!
Looking at that puzzle now, I discover that it is called United States Map Puzzle, No. 102, manufactured by the Automatic Paper Co. Ltd, Toronto, Canada; must be before or during or soon after WWII, since the Texas census was 6, 414, 824 for its population in 1940, it says. What is it now? I find that number of persons very high then! I was surprised!

Having past and stayed overnight in New Mexico, I guess I did venture into parts of Texas to go Route 66 to Los Angeles? But did I meet Ennis or Jack??

So, you are now a One Man's Man! Will you be so too next week?? Dare I ask??

Hugs!!

Merry Gay Christmas to you and to your buddy!!

Artiste you have a collectors item. Is the puzzle in good shape? Is the puzzle box in good shape? Do you wish to sell it?

Please send me a picture of the completed puzzle and any informational materials within the box.

The current estimated pop of Texas is over 20 million.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2007, 11:54:22 am »
Thanks brokeplex!

When I got that puzzle, it was said that only one piece was missing; but now there are 4 or 5 small ones that I can maybe find, but that is only a possibility. The cardboard top is still in good shape. the colours are great too top as well as pieces. Maybe one can find another in order to have all??

I do not know how to place an image here. Tell me.

I pushed above the square for image but got no browse button!

Since you seem to be an One Man Man, is your buddy with you to-day? May I ask,

for you to hug him for me too?? !!

Hugs!! JOYEUX NOEL à VOUS TOUS... vos deux chums (amis)!!

AMOUR, SANTÉ, JOIE , BONHEUR,
        PROSPÉRITÉ, SUCCÈS, PAIX.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2007, 12:37:01 pm »
Sorry, it sounds as if your puzzle is not in marketable shape, any missing pieces or damage to the container catastrophically lowers its resale value. But, perhaps it has personal meaning for you, and perhaps one day a historical museum might be interested in looking at it.

D.L. is right now shopping at "Sam's", I'm not in the mood for pushing,shoving crowds today. D.L. and I leave for my sister's ranch Christmas morning. We will spend most of the day with her family, and then we head back home, and then leave for a few days in New Mexico. D.L. will once again prove that he can't ski, I will prove the wisdom of sitting in the lodge, sipping hot toddies and wishing others good luck in their skiing endeavors.

Merry Christmas! 

Offline Artiste

« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2007, 01:30:12 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

I know what you mean by the condition of the puzzle and accept that!!

Concerning you two will go to New Mexico??

Would you like to read my adventure in New Mexico?

Hugs!!   Have a Great Voyage you two!! Lucky you!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2007, 01:40:24 pm »
yes, I would be delighted to read of your NM adventures.