Author Topic: What is your favorite Holiday?  (Read 5878 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
What is your favorite Holiday?
« on: April 24, 2007, 02:43:10 am »
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: What is your favorite Holiday?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 12:16:08 am »
Now see I am a holiday junkie and I could easily find something to love about ALL of them.   Even the  ones I've
never heard of  :laugh:  but if pushed I have to say my absolute favorite has always been Halloween.  I love to be
 scared (in a safe way) I love cheezy Hammer Horror Flicks.  Vincent Price, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing are my hero's
When the wind blows clouds across the moon and the frost is on the pumpklin I am right at home.<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZNxdm824JGUS%2526i%253D8%252F8%255F1%255F207%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0[/url]

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 12:20:40 am »
Christmas!  :D

Lots and lots of memories from my childhood Christmases.

After all ........

<David singing>

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 03:05:49 pm »
Thanksgiving:  the key to happiness is always gratitude.  And I like that families gather without the pressure of having to come up with presents.  It's just complex enough and just simple enough to be the right balance for me.

Also, despite heavy emphasis on the turkey, most of the other traditional foods are easily vegetarian and DELICIOUS.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 04:31:35 am »

I love Christmas the best...I love everything about Christmas, the cold weather, the hustle and bustle of the shopping.  I love buying something special for all the ones I love.  I love the decorations at the stores, and most of all at home...I love putting up the tree, and decorating it with my family...I love the snowman village we put on top of the entertainment center..All the little porcelain houses with the snow, and the lights peeking out the tiny windows....
Yes definately I love christmas,,,Then all the beautiful wrapped packages, and brightly colored bows...It makes me think of family and those that are gone as well..It is a blessing to have the ability to get together for christmases...and i never take it for granted...           janice

Beautiful mind

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 01:08:53 pm »
I love Halloween! It's my favorite. It lets me know Fall is here, the Apples are coming in the air is getting cooler.
I have always loved it. Loved Trick or Treating and dressing up. Now I love watching my daughter and her excitement!
Christmas is tied with it. I love all the bright lights and colors of Christmas and what it represents.
I love my little girl believing in Santa and making cookies with her.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 12:47:28 am »

I love Christmas the best...I love everything about Christmas, the cold weather, the hustle and bustle of the shopping.  I love buying something special for all the ones I love.  I love the decorations at the stores, and most of all at home...I love putting up the tree, and decorating it with my family...I love the snowman village we put on top of the entertainment center..All the little porcelain houses with the snow, and the lights peeking out the tiny windows....
Yes definately I love christmas,,,Then all the beautiful wrapped packages, and brightly colored bows...It makes me think of family and those that are gone as well..It is a blessing to have the ability to get together for christmases...and i never take it for granted...           janice

Janice, I love the shopping too! Actually I think it's probably my favorite part of Christmas! Well, I love the decorations too!  :D

I love Halloween! It's my favorite. It lets me know Fall is here, the Apples are coming in the air is getting cooler.
I have always loved it. Loved Trick or Treating and dressing up. Now I love watching my daughter and her excitement!
Christmas is tied with it. I love all the bright lights and colors of Christmas and what it represents.

I love Halloween too, Lee!  :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 10:32:00 am »
My favourite Holiday is the 5th of May, Liberation day in Holland!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 10:49:54 am »
My favourite Holiday is the 5th of May, Liberation day in Holland!

I didn't know Holland had a Cinqo De Mayo day too!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

mvansand76

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 11:23:45 am »
I didn't know Holland had a Cinqo De Mayo day too!

It's the day we celebrate the end of the second world war (the German occupation) and the Canadians liberating the rest of Holland... (the south of Holland was already liberated months before that)...

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 11:34:54 am »
It's the day we celebrate the end of the second world war (the German occupation) and the Canadians liberating the rest of Holland... (the south of Holland was already liberated months before that)...
That would be cause for celebration!
I never knew that.
Thanks for learnin me somthin new! ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 02:36:45 pm »

That's sweet, Lee. Brings back lots of my own happy memories of Halloween and Christmas.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.