Author Topic: Star Wars or Star Trek?  (Read 14398 times)

injest

Re: Star Wars or Star Trek?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2007, 11:24:55 pm »
You know, I never thought about that! A VCR seems unlikely, but a TV might have been in the realm of possibility (though I'm inclined to think that a cabin used for hunting and general getting-away-from-it-all would most likely not have a TV; a radio would be a better bet).

But who knows...maybe Jack and Ennis did have a little TV time together (which is, incidentally, one of my favorite romantic scenarios).

yep, the two of them stretched out on the couch, Jack leaning back against Ennis's shoulder....their free hands holding beers, a soft, warm cover over their bodies...dark cabin, flickering TV..drowsy from lovemaking..Ennis's cheek leaning against Jack's hair...

That is romantic!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2007, 11:52:32 pm »
Star Trek always gave me a sense of longing, of wanting to live in their universe.

Star Wars...well, look at the title.  The Galaxy Far Far Away is a dangerous place.  Wars, political coups taking place, invasions, the collapse of a republic, rebellion, threat of planetary annihilation being what keeps the Empire together...despite their advanced technology and thousand year existence, they were no more immune to the things that bring down governments than we are.

Star Trek is utopia, the dream to be something better than we are.  Star Wars is the story of every government that ever existed.  They are us.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 12:49:23 am by delalluvia »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2007, 08:47:54 pm »
yep, the two of them stretched out on the couch, Jack leaning back against Ennis's shoulder....their free hands holding beers, a soft, warm cover over their bodies...dark cabin, flickering TV..drowsy from lovemaking..Ennis's cheek leaning against Jack's hair...

That is romantic!

Now Jess, what you go and do that for?  >:( >:(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2007, 11:32:43 pm »
Now Jess, what you go and do that for?  >:( >:(

what? what'd I do??

didn't even mention the cigarette they are sharing...or the way the heat and weight of Jack along Ennis's side makes his heart ache...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2007, 11:41:53 pm »
what? what'd I do??
didn't even mention the cigarette they are sharing...or the way the heat and weight of Jack along Ennis's side makes his heart ache...

Talking about Jack and Ennis like that. It got me all hot and bothered.

And now you just made it worse!!

:laugh:  :laugh:

>:(  >:(

injest

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2007, 11:50:41 pm »
Talking about Jack and Ennis like that. It got me all hot and bothered.

And now you just made it worse!!

:laugh:  :laugh:

>:(  >:(

soooo....you DON"T want to hear what they were doing a half hour before that MADE them so drowsy and thirsty??

ok I won't tell you!

:-X :-X

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 12:12:04 am »
soooo....you DON"T want to hear what they were doing a half hour before that MADE them so drowsy and thirsty??

ok I won't tell you!

:-X :-X

I doubt if I can take too much more of it Jess.