Author Topic: What was your After School Addiction?  (Read 17897 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: What was your After School Addiction?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007, 01:34:33 pm »
It had something about "the red, white and blue- who-who"

Does anyone remember Room 222?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 01:40:10 pm »

Yes, I do! I loved that show. Even though I found Karen Valentine annoying.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2007, 01:43:34 pm »
http://www.russell-johnson.com/

In real life, Russell Johnson, who played the Professor, had a gay son who was lost to Aids. (I don't like typing it with all caps, its obnoxious) He has gone on to champion gay causes. Here he is in 1957 in Attach of the Crab Monsters:

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2007, 01:46:09 pm »
Yes, I do! I loved that show. Even though I found Karen Valentine annoying.

Yeah, there is cute and then....

http://timstvshowcase.com/room222.html

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2007, 02:20:10 pm »
It had something about "the red, white and blue- who-who"

THATS IT!!!! :laugh:
Dang, youre good!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2007, 09:52:40 pm »

Absolutlely!! I always watched it, even though I was really young and I thought they were all so old. ::)  But I really liked that show.  Some in my family had crushes on Karen Valentime.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2007, 01:03:31 am »
Some in my family had crushes on Karen Valentime.

I thought Denise Nicholas, the guidance counselor who was dating Mr. Dixon, was hotter. Though "hotter" probably isn't the way I would have put it in 1969.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2007, 01:23:11 am »
It's good to date yourself -- you can always count on yourself being available on Saturday night.  :laugh:

Sorry. I can still sing the theme song for "Love American Style." And I was old enough to watch it while babysitting.

Yes - I thought "Love American Style" was awesome for awhile - Great American Hero, yanno?   ;)

I think this was the same time I was into "Fantasy Island" and "Love Boat".

As for after school, though...two things stand out....that candy bar and coke we got EVERY afternoon after school for 50 cents each before going home.  There was a whole lineup starting with Gilligan's Island, but I'm spacing on what the rest was...Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, maybe?.

I guess I really did homework in the afternoon and watched TV at night - I was a big fan of all the detective shows - Hawaii-5-0, Barney Miller, Kojak, Starsky & Hutch, Columbo, Miami Vice.  I still think Max Gail is one of the sexiest men ever!   ::)

My Mom made us watch Dallas - Fri pm's I think - I always tried to have something else planned.  :D
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2007, 01:34:05 am »
Yes - I thought "Love American Style" was awesome for awhile - Great American Hero, yanno?   ;)
I think this was the same time I was into "Fantasy Island" and "Love Boat".

As for after school, though...two things stand out....that candy bar and coke we got EVERY afternoon after school for 50 cents each before going home.  There was a whole lineup starting with Gilligan's Island, but I'm spacing on what the rest was...Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, maybe?.

I guess I really did homework in the afternoon and watched TV at night - I was a big fan of all the detective shows - Hawaii-5-0, Barney Miller, Kojak, Starsky & Hutch, Columbo, Miami Vice.  I still think Max Gail is one of the sexiest men ever!   ::)

My Mom made us watch Dallas - Fri pm's I think - I always tried to have something else planned.  :D

Yeah, I loved "Love American Style" too. How did that song go? "Love American style, here for the red, white and blue-ue-uue. Love American Style, it's for me and you". Is that right?

We always congregated outdoors after dark and played "Kick the can". Sometimes there were 15 or 20 of us playing. Or we would play "Ghost in the Graveyard" which was exactly the opposite of "Hide and go Seek". In Ghost in the Graveyard, one person would hide and everyone would go looking for him or her. Then, at some point, the "ghost" would pop out of nowhere and chase everone back to the base. If you were tagged, you were the ghost. We always played it in the dark, and often over at my house because we had a lot of trees and hiding places.

"Dark Shadows" always came on just as I was arriving home from school. Mom would would be watching it. Good old Barnabas Collins! Even when I was 6 or 7, I thought he was sexy wearing his dark cloak and carrying that cane. Mom also watched "Star Trek".

I spent many daylight hours after school doing homework (Mom was a former elementary teacher; lucky me) and if I finished in time, I would often head over across the street and play with my friends David, Tyler and Brad. We spent a lot of time building with Lego, Lincoln Logs or playing with our Hot Wheels tracks!  :)

In high school, beer can collecting was popular, and I had a rather large collection of them. Sometimes we would go down into the woods and look for "cone top" beer cans, which were actually very valuable. Bike riding and skate boarding always filled in the gaps between beer can hunts, hot wheel races and games of Kick the Can.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2007, 01:53:32 am »
Oh, I forgot something!

I was always bringing animals home. We spent a lot of time down at the creek catching water skimmers and fence runners (little lizards), mice, frogs, and even chipmunks. I tried to turn them into pets, but it never worked. I would sneak them up to my bedroom and sooner or later they would escape and run loose throughout the house. I always knew I was in trouble when I found my mother standing on top of the table with a broom in her hand!  :P

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.