Author Topic: "ABCs of BBM" Game Comments  (Read 57572 times)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
=milestone=
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2007, 01:40:29 am »
25,000+ views
for the not-so-little-anymore
"ABCs of BBM" answer list!!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: "ABCs of BBM" Game Comments
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2007, 03:18:37 pm »
The last few weeks (starting before my vacation) I noticed that "easy", everyday words seem to appear more often lately. Words like starved, trained, borrow (or was it borrowed?) and today armpit. Every time, I think 'Oh, did really nobody use this (common, everyday) word before?'

Since I don't follow the ABCs religously anymore, maybe my impression is totally wrong. Or my impression might be correct, but this cumulation of "easy" words is by pure chance. But I did ask myself if you changed something with the rules or have a new "trick"? Maybe deliberately picking already played words from the answers list and putting them into a different grammatical form?

Anyway: compliments to all those who still play the ABCs! It's impressive.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2007, 05:48:37 pm »
Thanks, Chrissi. 

In answer to your questions:

The appearance of the easier, more ordinary words all of a sudden is pure chance.  Apparently a lot of them were overlooked in the earlier rounds.  It's kind of cool when someone plays one now, especially if it happens to be a word from a well-known line in the story or screenplay.

So, no, there hasn't been a change in the rules with regard to words not repeating, but we did eliminate the "K", "Q", "Y", and "Z" words a while ago.  And to the best of my knowledge, every word in the answer list is unique.  (But I wouldn't bet my life on it.)  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2007, 04:40:44 am »
Hi Fran,

thanks for your reply.

It's kind of cool when someone plays one now, especially if it happens to be a word from a well-known line in the story or screenplay.

That's what I thought and it was the "silky armpit hair" that finally made me ask about it.

Keep playin'!  :)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2013, 11:46:15 am »
bump!

Offline Sason

• Bork bork bork
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2013, 03:52:07 pm »
Ha!

An ABC game comment thread!  ;D

It's fun to see what an awesome thing the answer thread was in them early days, since I've simply taken it for granted ever since I entered the game.

On a different note I'm sad there's so few players left. The game is going really slow right now.  :(

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre