Author Topic: Cigarette Traces a new fan fic by littleguitar (Mandy)  (Read 2470 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Cigarette Traces a new fan fic by littleguitar (Mandy)
« on: April 30, 2007, 11:10:29 pm »
Mandy has a new fan fic just started called Cigarette Traces....This is a cross with the film Velvet Goldmine, by Todd Haynes. It is a kind of Glam rock oddessy about the search for fame and how a person can lose themselves in that pursuit. It's also about how love might stand against something like that.

It is colorful and wild, Ennis and Jack as we've NEVER seen them suffused with Mandy's own unique voice.  Here's a taste...

"And they were happy, for a while anyway, until Jack wanted more, as he always did. Nothing could last, not forever. And one night, after Jack had performed his own brand of rock dressed in a frock and platform boots in front of a festival crowd who understood only the Beatles, forever came to a halt when Jack laid eyes on the lithe body standing solemn on stage, torso bare, black leather pants clinging to legs like second skin, eyes coaled with black eyeliner and golden curls hanging lank and greasy over a stone face. Ennis Del Mar, he’d later learn, had stepped onto the stage. How could forever even hope to stand against that?"

Gosh can that girl write or what!  Give it a try you won't be disappointed  :D

http://minchout.livejournal.com/tag/cigarette+traces
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Cigarette Traces a new fan fic by littleguitar (Mandy)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 05:26:43 pm »
Thanks for rec'ing this over here Dottie  :-* I'm really glad you're enjoying it so far! It's a lot of fun to write  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cigarette Traces a new fan fic by littleguitar (Mandy)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 11:14:00 pm »
I LOVE this fic! I only wish RL didn't take Mandy away from her true vocation - writing fan fic like "Cigarette Traces." Hope she has time to update soon.