Author Topic: This makes me sad...  (Read 7574 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
This makes me sad...
« on: April 24, 2006, 09:36:05 pm »
Seriously, this picture honestly makes me want to stop obsessively looking at pictures of Jake, and I never thought that could happen.  This is the second time I've seen him hiding from photogs...

I think I'm done with both Iheartjake and jake watch for a while... poor guy  :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
Re: This makes me sad...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 09:41:22 pm »
 :) I love looking at Jake also - but I am sure like anyone else in Hollywood, he must get really tired of being in a fish bowl all the time - you're right it is sad............ :(
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

moremojo

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 10:06:56 pm »
From everything I hear, Jake is a warm, open-hearted, and tender person (not unlike Jack--perfect casting!). I'd hate to see his sudden shot to superstardom cause him to feel a need to build a shell around himself, just for peace of mind. This photo gives some evidence that this may have already begun; it's an understandable reaction, but it is sad.

The most precious things in life are often the most vulnerable.

Here's wishing Jake the very best...

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 06:55:55 pm by moremojo »

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 10:15:38 pm »
I'd hate to see his sudden shot to superstardom cause him to feel a need to build a shell around himself, just for peace of mind. This photo gives some evidence that this may have already begun; it's an understandable reaction, but it is sad.

This is exactly what I was thinking, Scott...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

vkm91941

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 10:37:53 pm »
It has been so intense for months now!  Poor Jake he's obiviously had enough of having his every step hounded.  Those creeps should be over in Bel Air trying to get that 2 million dollar pix of baby Cruise and leave Jake alone for awhile.

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 02:41:15 am »
Poor Jake. You're right Mandy, it is sad..  :(

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 03:20:30 am »
Seriously, this picture honestly makes me want to stop obsessively looking at pictures of Jake, and I never thought that could happen.  This is the second time I've seen him hiding from photogs...

I think I'm done with both Iheartjake and jake watch for a while... poor guy  :-\

boy! i hate seeing that. I'm with you on giving iheartjake and jakewatch a rest for now.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 03:27:12 am »
Pppppllllllllllllllllllllllllllttttttttttttt! One can't use and abuse the media to lift one's profile and then expect them to leave one alone when one feels like it.  It's not sad IMO and I may be a dasardly bastard for saying so, but it's part and parcel of being a successful actor.  They know it when they get into the game, and they know when the attention stops they'd better learn how to carry three plates at once pronto haste!  If they want 'me' time, then they put a lock on the dunny door and stock up with some good books.

Call me a heartless wench but there it is!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 06:48:09 am »
Call me a heartless wench but there it is!

You are a heartless wench Ray, but that doesn't mean that you don't have a very good point.  I'm afraid that I'm a fence sitter here.  Although all young actors want/need to generate as much enthusiasm about themselves as they can, when pictures of the mundane become commonplace, I wonder where the line should be drawn?  I've always admired Jake and thought he was incredibly generous with his time, willing to be open with his personal life for the thrill of his fans.  But I worry about the "give an inch take a mile" nature of the paparazzi.  I mean, do we really need pictures of Jake walking home with his shopping???
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 10:35:17 am by Aussie Chris »
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Toast

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 09:06:22 am »
Ray has an execellent point.
the lurking photographers are a sign of success.
I wish Jake all the success in the world.
I will pay attention to the photos that are available.
but I don't like intrusive or misinterpreted photos.
Yes Ray, If I had the income that came from being a star, I would accept some times of forced seclusion as a part of the price for stardom. 
I would find a part of Spain, or South America or Australia where no one would expect me and I would develop some alternate appearance and get a new definition of privacy.
by the same token, I would also give up some time by making appearances to satisfy my fans.

I think it is too bad that our star is being "hounded", but he seems to have decided to become a movie star.  And he did become a star when he picked up that lassoo and stepped into closeup.

I wish him all the attention and money he can get.