Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 370614 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2007, 09:59:11 am »
I guess if I had a child I would think they could do no wrong and everything they said was cute. I am glad you reminded that woman not to talk to strangers.

I have also noticed that children occure a lot in crowd of people, which compounds the issue. If a single child is not in a crowd they are less likely to be loud.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2007, 01:36:28 pm »
Haha--I'm with you, injest--if I know the person, I do tell them to answer--the momma doesn't even seem to hear the kid!

I'm mad when people on the interstate take forever to pass--geez, stay in the slow lane until I get by!!! Also when traffic is fairly heavy and people in the slow lane scoot over into my lane to let people merge!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!! The merger is the one who is supposed to slow down---not me. (I don't mind scooting over if there's no traffic.)Basically, any time I have to get off "cruise" and I feel it's unwarranted, I'm mad.

Store clerks who, when I am checking out, do not acknowledge what I say to them because they are too busy visiting with the next clerk over.

People who don't say thank-you when someone opens a door for them. It's just polite to say thanks.

Okay, that's all for now. Thank-you for letting me get that off my chest!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2007, 02:24:02 pm »
One of my pet peeves -- yeah, there are a lot of them --  is drivers who can't park their cars within the lines in parking garages, especially when they make it impossible for anyone to use the adjoining space.  I always feel they should have to pay double.

Fran

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2007, 03:27:39 pm »
Okay, here is my bitch for today: CHILDREN!

Is it just me, but are all people under the age of 10 totally irritating, whinny, loud, spoiled, egomaniacs or what? Why is it every time they are out in public they have to be constantly demanding the attention of the adult they are with? Why is it when two or more of them gather one or all of them ends up crying? Why is it everytime I am in a restaurant the child in the next booth or table ends up trying to communicate something to me with their eyes?!?!

Yes, Truman, I think it was just you having a bad day :).  While in SF, I met the sweetest most adorable little 3 year old boy - love at first sight, without a doubt.  But children are active and curious little sponges, and the adults with them need to pay attention to them.  If you're not going to pay attention to the child, why'd you bring him or her along, anyhow?

The children are looking at you from the next booth or table because you emit a special aura of kindness that is attractive.  You should just smile at them or say 'Hello, How are you?'  They're just people in miniature size.  ;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2007, 03:39:41 pm »
Okay, here is my bitch for today: CHILDREN!

Is it just me, but are all people under the age of 10 totally irritating, whinny, loud, spoiled, egomaniacs or what? Why is it every time they are out in public they have to be constantly demanding the attention of the adult they are with? Why is it when two or more of them gather one or all of them ends up crying? Why is it everytime I am in a restaurant the child in the next booth or table ends up trying to communicate something to me with their eyes?!?!

Uh, that sounds like a lot of so-called adults I know. ...  :-\

(Except maybe for the crying part. ...)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2007, 11:24:32 pm »
The one that gets to me is the kid that says "Momma"

"Momma"

"Momma"

"Momma"

"Momma"

I want to just scream "ANSWER THE KID!!"

Argh!! How hard is it to just say "What?"

The reason they don't answer the kid, Jess - and I know from experience with my sister and her child - is because the child does this all the time so the parent has learned to tune them out.  Unfortunately, while this tactic works well at home, it doesn't spare the ears or nerves of the rest of us out in public.

I was in a store one time looking at a magazine...an older lady tapped me on the shoulder and said "My granddaughter is trying to tell you Hi!"

I said "I taught my child not to interrupt adults or talk to strangers"

and went back to looking at the magazine. (felt bad later though... :P )

That was a bit abrupt, Jess - so much for 'it takes a village', eh?  ;) - but that was presumptuous of the grandma to be so brainwashed by grandchild-love that they think total strangers will ooh and ahh over their grandkids like they do.  :P

My co-worker in the next cubical over is one of those grandmotherly types who turns into a bragging, blithering, grinning idiot whenever her grandkids so much as fart or burp over the phone to her.  She is so glassy-eyed herself that she doesn't notice my eyes glazing over when she tells me Grandkid Adventure Stories that are neither cute nor interesting.  :-\

injest

« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2007, 11:37:21 pm »
The reason they don't answer the kid, Jess - and I know from experience with my sister and her child - is because the child does this all the time so the parent has learned to tune them out.  Unfortunately, while this tactic works well at home, it doesn't spare the ears or nerves of the rest of us out in public.

That was a bit abrupt, Jess - so much for 'it takes a village', eh?  ;) - but that was presumptuous of the grandma to be so brainwashed by grandchild-love that they think total strangers will ooh and ahh over their grandkids like they do.  :P

My co-worker in the next cubical over is one of those grandmotherly types who turns into a bragging, blithering, grinning idiot whenever her grandkids so much as fart or burp over the phone to her.  She is so glassy-eyed herself that she doesn't notice my eyes glazing over when she tells me Grandkid Adventure Stories that are neither cute nor interesting.  :-\

I know...I am on the direct bus to hell... :( :-\

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2007, 01:12:02 pm »
What pisses me off are those thrill seeking pedestrians who cross at the crosswalk or jaywalk fully into traffic.  They know you won't run them down, and will slow down or stop for them.  They have no problem blocking traffic.  And they don't hurry either, just strolling in front of you.

>:( >:( >:(

This is very dangerous behavior but they don't seem to care.

Reminds me of the time about a year ago I had a guy about 20 years older than me walk right into me when I stopped at an intersection instead of continuing on into the street.

"Why'd you stop?" he asked in an indignant tone.

Well, I'd stopped because the light was red.

Dumbass mule. ...  >:(  >:(  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2007, 01:13:39 pm »
My pet peeve of the day:

People who take the aisle seat of two unoccupied seats on a bus--and then don't move over to the window seat as the bus fills up. ...  >:(

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2007, 02:36:30 pm »
My pet peeve of the day:

People who take the aisle seat of two unoccupied seats on a bus--and then don't move over to the window seat as the bus fills up. ...  >:(

thats well anoying...
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/