Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 371410 times)

injest

Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2007, 06:35:12 pm »
Reverend Dot??? Father Dot? Pastor Dot??

hmmmm.....name don't look right...

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2007, 06:44:13 pm »
Reverend Dot??? Father Dot? Pastor Dot??

hmmmm.....name don't look right...

:laugh:  Thanks darlin I needed that! 
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2007, 07:12:24 pm »
Something that really bugs me, whenever you need to call anyplace, you have to go through a million of those horrible computer people to get to the option that you need.  Then you have to talk to those computers, I hate to talk to them. Then if you finally get to a human being, they always sound five million miles away, cause they are, even if you are calling a place that is right near you.

I wish all those companies would just go back to using human operators again, a human in their own offices..  I would rather talk to a real person than have to go all those horrible computerized zombies.

injest

« Reply #213 on: August 10, 2007, 07:20:23 pm »
I heard an advertisement today for a computerized receptionist...."Make sure your company presents a professional image!"

I think there is no better example that customer service as we knew it is dead. NO ONE likes these phone systems...but hey they are cheaper than a person and if there is no other option all us SHEEP will fall in line and use it...

>:( >:( >:(

yep, Marlene this is one of my pet peeves too.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #214 on: August 10, 2007, 07:36:54 pm »
I heard an advertisement today for a computerized receptionist...."Make sure your company presents a professional image!"

I think there is no better example that customer service as we knew it is dead. NO ONE likes these phone systems...but hey they are cheaper than a person and if there is no other option all us SHEEP will fall in line and use it...

>:( >:( >:(

yep, Marlene this is one of my pet peeves too.

Interesting.  I read a decade ago that the future industry would be service-oriented.  And I wondered then, really?  How?  No one I know in customer service likes it because people can be complete assholes or idiots or invariably, lost souls completely clueless who want long explanations and a dozen services at once, all the while the line of ill-tempered, in a hurry customers is stacking up and stacking up and stacking up...and then some can be dangerous.

Then technology came to the rescue with the answer!  Automated systems, that's how.  People don't want to be in service industries, so they let machines do the bulk of the serving.  It's cheaper all the way around.  Notice the increase in 'check yourself out' lines at grocery stores.

From what I read, the banking industry is waiting for the current baby boomer generation to die away, because the generations that have come after them are used to interfacing with computer systems so they will be able to do away with live tellers altogether.  All banking will be via computer.

The future is less live people, not more. 

injest

« Reply #215 on: August 10, 2007, 08:01:36 pm »
Del

I think the main trouble with live customer service people is there is never enough of them. For example, those self checkout registers? If there were enough real cashiers to check everyone out in a reasonable time I don't think people would use them.

To me the self checkout is making me work for the store. I am not a bag boy. Nor am I a Walmart cashier...nothing wrong with BEING one of those things...if you are getting paid to be.

Why should I give them my labor for free....

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2007, 07:54:46 am »
Interesting.  I read a decade ago that the future industry would be service-oriented.  And I wondered then, really?  How?  No one I know in customer service likes it because people can be complete assholes or idiots or invariably, lost souls completely clueless who want long explanations and a dozen services at once, all the while the line of ill-tempered, in a hurry customers is stacking up and stacking up and stacking up...and then some can be dangerous.

Then technology came to the rescue with the answer!  Automated systems, that's how.  People don't want to be in service industries, so they let machines do the bulk of the serving.  It's cheaper all the way around.  Notice the increase in 'check yourself out' lines at grocery stores.

From what I read, the banking industry is waiting for the current baby boomer generation to die away, because the generations that have come after them are used to interfacing with computer systems so they will be able to do away with live tellers altogether.  All banking will be via computer.

The future is less live people, not more. 

I think this will do nothing but increase unemployment and poverty.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2007, 05:23:48 pm »
Del

I think the main trouble with live customer service people is there is never enough of them. For example, those self checkout registers? If there were enough real cashiers to check everyone out in a reasonable time I don't think people would use them.

Agree, but it's very expensive to keep a store fully staffed all day.  From my experience working retail, there are peak hours of business and for the rest - I have a theory that humans are really pack animals.  When one shopper with their basket full of merchandise heads for the empty checkout lines, suddenly everyone decides it's a good time to check out and everyone converges at once.  I'm not sure why that is.  Suddenly the checkout lines are jammed packed.  Then they get all checked out and again there's a lull.  It's like this all day. 

Armed with this knowledge, when I go to the grocery store and see jam packed lines when I'm ready to check out, I know if I just loiter for another 5 minutes or so, read a magazine, the lines will all clear out and I won't have to stand in line.

To me the self checkout is making me work for the store. I am not a bag boy. Nor am I a Walmart cashier...nothing wrong with BEING one of those things...if you are getting paid to be.  Why should I give them my labor for free....

Because they're in the business of making money and the more they throw onto the customer, the more money on their bottom line.  Isn't capitalism wonderful?

I agree.  I go through the live person line, I don't want to bag my own stuff - even though I probably would do it a lot more skillfully than some of the knuckleheads who work these places and haven't been trained worth a damn would.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2007, 05:25:02 pm »
I think this will do nothing but increase unemployment and poverty.

Yep.  Wave of the future.  Mechanize all the unskilled labor jobs.  Cheaper for the business owners because there is less overhead.  Capitalism again.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2007, 06:09:22 pm »

I wait in a line rather than use one of those mechanical checkers...   I too hate all those bad parking lot asses.  And as for the stupid
computer answering machine services.      AAAAAAAArrrrrrghhhhh  dont get me started...those are my pet peeve.  I get so angry when i call a number, and they demand all of your personal info...last four digits of your social, name spelled, and phone number, and then as soon as you get to a real live {who is neither real nor live} person  they ask you the same stupid things all over again...I just boil. :P :P

Beautiful mind