Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 367754 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #320 on: September 24, 2007, 01:29:31 pm »
My day began 12 hours ago as I set out, early (or so I thought) to London Heathrow to catch a flight to Athens.    Two and a half hours of stop and go traffic and a reaaaallly sore foot later (thank god my clutch foot is the good foot!) I managed to get to my flight in time, but on the way, I was musing over the Lone Shoe phenomenon and... you guessed it... I saw a Lone Shoe on the shoulder.

These things are everywhere!

And that is a very spooky story, Leslie!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #321 on: September 24, 2007, 01:34:31 pm »
In my town, back when we had our own policeman, he was so old he lost a leg to diabetes and kept on working. Later his son lost the opposite leg in a car wreck. The joke alaways was they could no share a pair of shoes. I don;t know they ever did.  ::)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #322 on: September 24, 2007, 02:28:28 pm »
Speaking of shoes, some people here in Indy (I think they're kids.... I HOPE they're kids) have a strange habit of tying a pair of shoes together and then tossing them up over power lines. Every so often, I will drive past dangling shoes, and I have no idea what it's supposed to mean. They've been doing it for years, and it really looks ugly and terrible. Perhaps it's some sort of gang sign or something. Normally they are a pair of tennis shoes (sneakers), often of a bright color such as red or blue. I saw a pair dangling up near a traffic signal yesterday on my way to the airport. It's ridiculous looking.  :P
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #323 on: September 24, 2007, 02:59:35 pm »
Wasn't it the movie Big Fish that had a whole thing about shoes up in the utility wires?

And then there was the movie The Tree of the Wooden Clogs....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #324 on: September 24, 2007, 05:38:31 pm »
The way I hear it, running shoes hanging from power or telephone lines, are usually found at intersections, or at least on significantly  busy streets. They are apparently advertisement for drug dealers. They say "We sell drugs here." and I have no reason to doubt it!

Not aware of any gangs in my neighbourhood (but what do I know), but I DO know that drugs are sold in my neighbourhood.

Hate passing by the runners hanging 2 blocks away, but they're WAAAY up there - can't be easily to remove em!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:14:41 pm by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #325 on: September 24, 2007, 08:41:00 pm »
well DON"T try! would get yourself electrocuted!!

here is my gripe for the day...

my job.

I make up sales reports daily for a small company. There is a lady that enters them into the computer and makes sure the computer matches my report. (now...the computer only has what she enters OFF the reports...so they should always balance unless she enters them incorrectly)

well a month ago she messed up. first we were over...then we were under....it is going on three weeks now and today I went out there and she is taking the reports I made and cutting them up and taping them together....now how will she know which sales go with what days?? I think she has lost her mind.

someone needs to STOP her! before I shoot her myself!!

>:( >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #326 on: September 24, 2007, 09:29:48 pm »
Why the hell is she cutting up reports and then taping them back together?  ???

Is she nuts? That doesn't make ANY sense Jess. I would find that very frustrating too.  >:(

injest

« Reply #327 on: September 24, 2007, 09:31:29 pm »
Why the hell is she cutting up reports and then taping them back together?  ???

Is she nuts? That doesn't make ANY sense Jess. I would find that very frustrating too.  >:(

that is what the receptionist said...she came in there where I was and said.."JESS! She has lost her mind! go look!"

I coulda screamed!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #328 on: September 24, 2007, 09:35:09 pm »
that is what the receptionist said...she came in there where I was and said.."JESS! She has lost her mind! go look!"

I coulda screamed!

I sure do hope her medical insurance is up to date, because I think she needs to go see a shrink!  ::)

Good Lord! They need to do something about her. She's not acting right. It's not normal to shred up company reports and then try to tape them back together.

[[[Jess]]] You poor baby!  :( :-*

injest

« Reply #329 on: September 25, 2007, 07:03:38 am »
I miss DEL!

(ok that wasn't a bitch...but still!)  >:( >:(