Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 371380 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #360 on: October 19, 2007, 08:11:45 am »
nice to see you back around dev - how was Paris?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #361 on: October 19, 2007, 08:43:40 am »
Heh, I bellieve at some age, people get old enough to be treated as invisible.  No one notices or cares much about older people and they have long stopped caring about what anyone else around them thinks.  So they clean house, above and below, talk to themselves, fail to care much about personal hygiene, preferring their own personal effluvia...go figure.

Some older folks, if they didn't talk to themselves, they'd have nobody to talk to at all. ...  :-\  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #362 on: October 19, 2007, 08:47:10 am »
nice to see you back around dev - how was Paris?

Thanks.  I'll be updating my 'American Girl in Paris' thread soon.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #363 on: October 19, 2007, 08:49:25 am »
Some older folks, if they didn't talk to themselves, they'd have nobody to talk to at all. ...  :-\  :(

Very true and sad.  We have a whole generation - or more - brought up on 6 second image change commercials and hundred-channel surfing remote controls.  Who has been raised with the patience to speak to elder folks and actually sit and listen?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #364 on: October 21, 2007, 02:10:41 am »
Very true and sad.  We have a whole generation - or more - brought up on 6 second image change commercials and hundred-channel surfing remote controls.  Who has been raised with the patience to speak to elder folks and actually sit and listen?

I LOVE older people! I love to sit down and talk with them. I've always gotten along with older people very well. They always seem to like me too. I can sit there and chat with them for hours.  :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #365 on: October 21, 2007, 06:06:26 am »
I LOVE older people! I love to sit down and talk with them. I've always gotten along with older people very well. They always seem to like me too. I can sit there and chat with them for hours.  :)

Me too! I was raised by older people (my grandparents) so we hung with an older crowd, too -- their sisters and brothers.  ;)

I like that old guy in the dr. office on "Rainman" -- he just keeps on talkin' about the Pony Express, no matter what.  :laugh:

I'm getting to BE an older person, so I appreciate the younger ones who listen now, too.  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #366 on: October 21, 2007, 06:58:03 am »

EVERYBODY likes you!

but let me tell you....when you are standing there talking to someone that has their finger up their nose past the second knuckle....

well let me just say it makes me VERY uncomfortable!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #367 on: October 21, 2007, 12:06:09 pm »

oh my eyes Jess, that visual is very gross............ ;D

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #368 on: October 21, 2007, 12:43:39 pm »
I can definitely sympathize with older people and their stories.

Though I am not close to being an old person, I'm starting to see where their long-windedness and stories come from.

When you're a young person and you or your friends have a new experience, it's likely no one else can relate, so you/your friend tells this exciting story of some event and everyone else pays attention, rapt, and their reply is like,

"Oh wow, that's cool."

And then they ask you more about your experience because they have none of their own to share.

However, as you get older, if someone tells of an experience, invariably someone else can now relate because they or someone close to them has had a similar experience.  Now the story-telling starts to build.

"Oh wow, that's cool.  Reminds me of this story/my adventure in..."

And life's experiences just pile this on until you're some old geezer, sitting in a cafe somewhere, going

"That reminds me of the time, back in the day, that..." and the recollections can last hours.

injest

« Reply #369 on: October 21, 2007, 02:51:52 pm »
You ever hear a little kid tell a story? They give you EVER excruciating detail..."There was a dog...he was brown, and he was dirty and he didn't have a collar and my friend was playing on the swing set and....and ....and" and at the end the story had NOTHING to do with the dog or the friend?

I guess when you are really young you assume since it is new to you, it is new to everyone...then you go thru the period Del was talking about  when you are a certain age...

then you are off to being the ol geezer...

the circle of life!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(and none of us are gonna escape it....so be prepared and bring a tissue!!)