Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 370317 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #500 on: May 14, 2008, 10:03:02 pm »
My boss and I were discussing current events...(not my favorite thing...I too often disagree with him and he cant' take it....)

so

he was talking about how he saw a tv show about a volcano blowing up in the 1870s and how the Muslims said Allah did it to punish us (christians)..."Even back then they blamed us!!"

and I merely pointed out that people have ALWAYS done that....blamed the 'other people' for 'Gods wrath"

he got a little hot....

but come on...learn some history. would it KILL him???

people from ancient times have said God made this and that happen to punish people.

I know he is my boss but GOOD GRIEF! Do I really have to sit and listen to this stuff??!!

Yeah you do.   ;D  He's the boss.   :P  I had one boss e-mail the floor a Christian urban legend story and another boss look at me appalled when she told us that a Democrat in the White House was going to put a homosexual on the Supreme Court.  I recall her outraged look and her slow puzzlement when nobody was aghast at the thought and some of us snickered.

I read about Krakatoa blowing up on the 1880's and the Muslim community in the Dutch/British/German colonies using the collapse of the infrastructure in the wake of the disaster to finally outwardly rebel.  But the Europeans had it coming seeing as the colonialists weren't egalitarians in their thinking or treatment of the native people.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #501 on: May 14, 2008, 10:07:56 pm »
Idiot relatives who make helpful suggestions for someone else to do.

Stupid fucking cousin of mine.

My mother is in a rehab hospital because right now she needs 24/7 care.  She needs help walking and standing and getting to the bathroom, much less cooking or cleaning for herself.

My mother's mother died in a shitty nursing home and my mother has sworn never to go into one, and this rehab hospital is a combination rehab hospital/nursing home.  My mother must feel she's in her worst nightmare.  She complains constantly about the help, the food, etc.  She also gets depressed  "I'm so heartsick."

So I've been encouraging her.  She is getting stronger, there is a light at the end of tunnel.

"Three more weeks", I tell her.  "Then you're out of here."  I encourage her to eat, exercise and get strong, giving her home as her goal. 

Then my cousin sashays in. 

"Hmm," she says, "Have the girls ever taken you out?  They could take you home for the weekend and bring you back on Monday."

At this suggestion, my mother brightened and looked at me hopefully.  I glared at my cousin and hoped she burns in hell.

My mother needs 24 hour care, you stupid fucking bitch!!!  She needs a wheelchair which she cannot move herself and since she's also on permanent oxygen therapy means bringing her oxygen tank along with her, she cannot walk without someone holding her and her oxygen, she cannot cook, she cannot yet bathe herself, she has a lot of trouble getting off the toilet and out of bed, but she is getting stronger, she is able to stand a little and dress herself, but cannot yet put her shoes on.

Thanks so much you piece of shit for getting my mother's spirits up in vain and volunteering me and my sister to be on call and at my mother's home round the clock on our weekends when YOU don't work, don't visit very often yet live 4 blocks away from the hospital instead of the 15 miles that me and my sister do and could just as easily have volunteered to do this lovely deed yourself.

So keep your goddamned helpful suggestions to your stupid ass self!!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Part Deux - my stay at home sister-in-law this time.

My mother is in a rehab hospital and will be home in about 3 weeks.  She is stronger, looking great and anxious to be home.

On Mother's Day, we were all talking about equipment and logistics for when mom came home.

Sister-in-law:  Oh she won't be able to spend nights by herself.  Someone is going to have to be there with her.
Me [silent]
Sister-in-law:  Del, you and your sister should do it.
Me [silent, noticing she didn't volunteer herself who doesn't work or her husband, my mother's son]
Sister-in-law keeps insisting.
Me [finally, laughing]:  It ain't going to be me or my sister.

End of conversation.

Funny how others love to tell others what to do.  I ain't your husband or your kids, sister in law.

injest

« Reply #502 on: May 14, 2008, 10:17:07 pm »
Part Deux - my stay at home sister-in-law this time.

My mother is in a rehab hospital and will be home in about 3 weeks.  She is stronger, looking great and anxious to be home.

On Mother's Day, we were all talking about equipment and logistics for when mom came home.

Sister-in-law:  Oh she won't be able to spend nights by herself.  Someone is going to have to be there with her.
Me [silent]
Sister-in-law:  Del, you and your sister should do it.
Me [silent, noticing she didn't volunteer herself who doesn't work or her husband, my mother's son]
Sister-in-law keeps insisting.
Me [finally, laughing]:  It ain't going to be me or my sister.

End of conversation.

Funny how others love to tell others what to do.  I ain't your husband or your kids, sister in law.

well it IS so much easier to solve everyone ELSE"S troubles... ;)

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #503 on: May 14, 2008, 10:17:35 pm »
I really should be pissed off about this, but this is so
typical of my sister's self-absorbed selfishness, control issues and possibly subconscious insecurity and jealousy that I have just kinda let it slide off me.

I love to go to Renaissance Faires.  I have several outfits and love to just hang out there all dolled up.  I tend to go early in the season when the Faire's open as Texas is ungodly hot and my outfits are designed with sufficient fabric worthy of a spring day in medieval England rather than 21st century early Texas summer.

I didn't want to go this late in the season wanting to go earlier, because it
does get so hot, but my sister wanted us to wait until her income
tax rebate check came in so she could have money to
spend.  She's been telling us this since April when we last went.

And guess what?

After making us all wait on her until now, we're scheduled to go this Saturday she e-mails me today
and says she thinks she's going to pass on the Faire, it's already too hot and there's nothing much else she
wants to see this year.

Can you say passive aggressive?

>:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #504 on: May 14, 2008, 10:44:32 pm »
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this Del. These events and experiences of yours, are reminding me of what I went through with my own sister when mom was dying. I hope things get better for you!  :-*  :-*

Thank you.  These things just come out of left field.  I don't know what I used to think, but apparently I've been very naive in believing people normally think before they open their mouths.

This isn't really a BITCH, but something that struck me as a bit odd. Last week when I was at Wal-Mart, this woman was in front of us and walking very stiff and with a slight limp. Both her hands looked slightly deformed. Later when we were in the grocery section, we saw her over in the produce section talking to herself and picking up green peppers off the shelf and throwing them on the floor. She'd pick up a pepper, look at it and quickly throw it over her shoulder. Then she'd shake her hands as if the pepper hurt her. Then she'd pick up another one and the process would continue. There must have been 15 or 20 green peppers laying on the floor behind her. So, I walked up to her and asked if I could help her, and she turned to me, gave me an angry look and shouted NO! I think I may have offended her. I'm not sure. I worried about it for the rest of the day, and I HOPE I didn't offend her or hurt her feelings. :(

Don't worry about it.  The lady has some mental issues and is not all there to begin with.

injest

« Reply #505 on: May 14, 2008, 10:51:44 pm »
I ate too much...

that IS a bitch....Roland is trying to make me fat!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #506 on: May 14, 2008, 10:52:49 pm »
Bitch, bitch, bitch!  ;D

So you like the recipe - who wouldn't? hunh?
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #507 on: May 14, 2008, 10:53:51 pm »
Bitch, bitch, bitch!  ;D

So you like the recipe - who wouldn't? hunh?

you should put a warning label on it!

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #508 on: June 22, 2008, 09:11:14 pm »
I just don't get it.

I've been torturing myself watching shows on the HG network like Househunters and Househunters International, looking to see what houses are out there at what price.

Today's episode on Househunter International was about a San Diego couple wanting to buy a house in New Zealand.

She was a cake decorator - not a caterer.
He was a butcher. 

They met at the grocery store where they both worked.

I looked up the salary ranges for both those jobs and I was thinking, hey here's an episode about people making regular Joe money, let's see what kind of houses they can afford abroad.

Their "budget"?

$500,000.00  :o :o :o

(the dollar is apparently still strong in NZ, the Kiwi dollar price was $800,000.00)

My jaw just dropped.  How do two working stiffs whose jobs do not pay a lot, afford a half-million dollar home??!?!?

??? ??? ???

All I can think is that they saved up a great deal or inherited some money, otherwise, they might be these sub-prime people buying more than they can reasonably afford in the long run.

injest

« Reply #509 on: June 22, 2008, 09:20:40 pm »
exactly...

I would SO love to see some shows featuring real people...if the median income is $100,000 that means that half the people have incomes UNDER $100,000 so....

where is the advice for them?

I will never forget reading about an older woman in Redbook...the poor woman was struggling so they brought in a counselor for her...

she had three cars and a pickup, a house, a cottage, a club membership...and couldn't get by on an monthly income of $13,000

::) ::)

my heart just bled for her...