Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 367779 times)

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2007, 08:26:57 am »
Oh, OK.  I just happened to have said a lot on this particular thread and was wondering to what Jess was referring.  Thankee kindly.   ;D

Just goes to show what I was talking about true equality.  Katarina is undoubtedly an excellent skater, a true competitor, lovely to look at, but that doesn't make her a hero or someone to look up to.

Ok just to clarify as this whole debacle was in response to my post on the other thread...

I never said i admired her as a person. In fact i dont know enough about her to make that judgement. but the title of the thread is strong, beautiful women - she is beautiful, and as a competitor she is incredibly mentally and phsically strong. i thought it was clear that that was all i mean from my comment, but maybe not.
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

injest

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2007, 08:33:03 am »
Ok just to clarify as this whole debacle was in response to my post on the other thread...

I never said i admired her as a person. In fact i dont know enough about her to make that judgement. but the title of the thread is strong, beautiful women - she is beautiful, and as a competitor she is incredibly mentally and phsically strong. i thought it was clear that that was all i mean from my comment, but maybe not.

no no! not meant that way at all Saucy!!  ;)

We just wanted to keep that thread positive and focused on women's achievement....so Del moved her comment her (HER opinion) to keep the thread positive....nothing against ANYONE's contribution on the other....

You are perfectly right...and it kinda goes to the point (I think) of her mention of true equality. There ARE some Beautiful, STRONG women that we can disagree (or not) with their personal philosophies while still acknowledging them...

If that makes sense.... :P

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2007, 01:53:55 pm »
I hate how cars are made out of plastic. If you scratch your bumper it is $500 to get it fixed. :o
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2007, 02:23:14 pm »
I hate the way they seal CDs and DVDs. Like you're not actually supposed to get them open and play them.  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

karen1129

« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2007, 02:36:54 pm »
OMG Jeff.  I agree.  That pisses me off so much !!!
It's like you have to get a machete out.
Sometimes I just give up and say screw it !!!  LOL

Karen

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2007, 02:44:07 pm »
OMG Jeff.  I agree.  That pisses me off so much !!!
It's like you have to get a machete out.
Sometimes I just give up and say screw it !!!  LOL

Karen

;D  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2007, 08:52:08 pm »
Another thing that irritates me, tv news.  There are too many reasons to even begin to list.  Well a few, the background music they have been using lately, the over dramatic stories, and most news ladies hairstyles.  No one has hair like them in real life.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2007, 12:33:18 am »
What I hate about the news (local and national) is all the negativity. It so awful and depressing to watch. And I think I know what you mean, Marlene. The women all look like glamour girls. Many of the men do too.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2007, 08:50:32 am »
What I hate about the news (local and national) is all the negativity. It so awful and depressing to watch. And I think I know what you mean, Marlene. The women all look like glamour girls. Many of the men do too.

What I hate about the news is superficiality. I liked Katie Couric on the Today show. I tried watching her as an evening news anchor during her first week in her new job. I lasted four days before I decided that NBC did news better and went back to Brian Williams. Not Katie's fault, I know, I just thought the show she was given to anchor was too superficial.

mvansand76

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2007, 10:20:52 am »
OK here I go then.... ::)

* When I am cycling in the city I live in, in the narrow streets, people in cars tend to pass me by very closely and fast, making me very nervous because my boyfriend was in a bike accident 1,5 years ago.

(Don't worry, though, David, sweetie, I am REALLY careful, I know you worry about this...)

* Standing in line in the supermarket and people practically pressing their fronts against your back. Or looking over your shoulder at which pin number you enter.

* Generally: obnoxious people

* I have a clumsy right hand because of Carpal Tunnel syndrome and the fact that I constantly drop things drives me absolutely crazy! No other people involved here, just annoyed with my hand.

* The fact that we never hear the truth, we always have to go looking for it.