Author Topic: April '07 Radio Stats and NEW SONGS ADDED 05/01!  (Read 19830 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: April '07 Radio Stats and NEW SONGS ADDED 05/01!
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 02:43:48 am »

That is so funny Eric...I know how you feel.. I have days when i would love to cut loose on people too....You are doing a great job and dont cut yourself short,,,,i hope we have music in colorado,,,,it is such a memory bringer...It is so much easier to remember good times,,,or even bad ones if you have a music background....I have had the opinion that 1/3 of the impact of Brokeback Mountain the movie, was provided my the perfectly coordinated music....janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 03:13:48 am »
Yup got it!, quickly went through it, will have ta comb through it later ta find the other 10 new songs (only counted 5 on my first see through)

Thanks much!

That sig, with Rick James, - I make you feel that way? so so sorry!

Will be tunin agin in 'bout 2 and half hours!
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 11:26:23 am »
The Rick James GIF has nothing to do with anybody here.  Sorry if you got that impression.

I just think it's funny.  :laugh:  :laugh:

Sheriff,

The songs added May 01st are the new songs.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 04:08:39 pm »
Gordon Lightfoot's "Beautiful" is one of the 15 songs that were added.  :D

The reason I've chosen not to disclose the playlist is because I want folks to tune in and be genuinely surprised happy fulfilled pleased entertained when they hear a new song in the playlist.  If I just told you what songs were added, would you even bother to listen to the station anymore?  I'm tryin' ta keep the integrity of the station here, and keep it unique and fresh/new.  Give ya a reason ta tune in...

If ya really want to know what was added, I'll PM you the list.  I can't remember honestly what I took out, because well, I took them out. LOL.  They were the lowest rated songs, and the songs with the most "drops" (people tuning out of the station while the song is playing).  Rest assured Sheriff I do remember that one of the songs taken out was "Stars in the Rearview Mirror".   ;)

How do other folks feel about this?  Should we publish the current playlist?   
I vote no!
I love listening and being taken by suprise by what comes up.
I think the song choices are fantastic. There are some I like more than others but, as I have learned, some of the songs have to grow on ya!
I think you are doing a fantastic job! You really have a nack for what sounds good together.
I just love it! ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 10:11:46 pm »
Radio Statistics for April ’07:

Total April listening hours = 1421:24 hours - down -37% from March. ??? 
I suppose the novelty's worn off.  :-\

No, don't be discouraged.  If one factors in the growth we had last year as people continued to learn about the forum, the math still showed a curve downwards in listener hours and it was very much because of the weather.  We're going to see the same thing happen in the forum itself.  As the weather improves, traffic will decline.  This has happened every year I've been involved in online stuff.  You see a pick-up in traffic from students and a big drop in traffic from older users who are now outside instead of sitting at the computer.  And when summer vacations get going, it gets slow then too. 

Don't be concerned about it.  Just remember things will always ebb and flow because of the climate.

1. Phillip Dampier - Homage to Brokeback Mountain

Well, I'm glad I have a fallback career in music. I have been learning audio tools so I can improve the looping on this track and rerelease it.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 10:25:11 am »
Speaking of Elvis..........how about these two tracks "I Believe" and "Can't Help Falling in Love". The latter might already be on the playlist. I'm not sure since I am kind of new to Bettermost. I first heard "I Believe" on an episode of Cold Case and have liked it ever since. I believe it may have originally been one of his gospel songs, but whatever the case it is beautiful song.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 10:26:53 am »
I keep thinking of songs  ;) Here's another one for consideration "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me" by Mel Carter. I also found this one from a movie and it seems like many of the CDs I make include it.