Author Topic: The Lounge  (Read 29296 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The Lounge
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2007, 03:07:39 pm »
Can we get a picture, pretty plz???
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2007, 03:47:11 pm »
Happy New Year, gang.  I'll be onstage at the big moment dressed as Jack Sparrow.  I have a looney job.  :)

This ... we've got to see. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2007, 04:02:01 pm »
Happy New Year Tremblayians,

Happy Birthday RouxB!

I love randomness.....

A few of you remember my old avatar pic of the sexy, shirtless cowboy right?  Well, I am glad to announce that he can be seen at least 60 times a day on TV in a SUZUKI commercial campaign he landed.  He drives up in a black SUV in a dry lakebed, encircled by a sleek figure on a motorcycle dressed in black.  A woman gets off the bike and tosses him the keys saying "Can you handle it?" - He responds, "Can you?" - at which point I always scream at the TV - "That's right baby...you tell her!"  I love it when deserving friends have shot of good fortune.

I went over to IMDB Brokeback today, the first time in about 6 months.  It was fun reading comments from those who had seen the movie for the first time on HBO.   Not infested with trolls like it was around Oscar time.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2007, 04:34:36 pm »
Happy New Year Tremblayians,

Happy Birthday RouxB!

I love randomness.....

A few of you remember my old avatar pic of the sexy, shirtless cowboy right?  Well, I am glad to announce that he can be seen at least 60 times a day on TV in a SUZUKI commercial campaign he landed.  He drives up in a black SUV in a dry lakebed, encircled by a sleek figure on a motorcycle dressed in black.  A woman gets off the bike and tosses him the keys saying "Can you handle it?" - He responds, "Can you?" - at which point I always scream at the TV - "That's right baby...you tell her!"  I love it when deserving friends have shot of good fortune.

I went over to IMDB Brokeback today, the first time in about 6 months.  It was fun reading comments from those who had seen the movie for the first time on HBO.   Not infested with trolls like it was around Oscar time.

Flash, where the heck you been? Friend, I've missed you--and your li'l ol' avatar.  ;D

Oh, I've been drooling over watching those Suzuki commercials--and the previous one, where the vehicle is surrounded by the pack of female bikers, and the leader tosses him his cell phone, tells him he left it at the diner, and there's a new number in it. Tell you what, I first saw that first commercial over breakfast one morning. Nearly choked on my coffee, barely avoided spitting it all over the kitchen. "Jesus H.! It's HIM!"  :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 08:52:15 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2007, 05:09:37 pm »
Hey Jeff

I've been back and forth between California & Texas this year.  Next week I'll be back and forth between California & New York for at least the first half of 2007.

I miss my cowboy avatar too, but I'm using one of a guy I dated in Munich for a while.  My photographer friend Duane did some pretty popular images of him a few years ago, and this one (the cover of The Advocate) caught me totally off guard.  That's the problem with dating - guys always become famous in one way or another (lol)...so I have to take special care and always keep the relationship on a good note because I will eventually be broadsided with their poster in a Target or a Billboard on the side of a building on Sunset Blvd. (okay, that's an exaggeration - the billboard was only half of the building).  Anyway, that's Henning in the new avatar.  Believe it or not, he's an M.D. (Pediatrician) and popular Model in Deutschland.

Last time I saw Shirtless Cowboy :-X ;), he told me he had lined up a part in a music video for a country artist, and had booked several TV Shows, one of which was with Ricki Lake in a special version of "The Price Is Right".  He's got some incredible rep right now, and I'm pretty sure in a year or two he's going to be quite famous.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2007, 08:58:02 pm »
Hey Jeff

I've been back and forth between California & Texas this year.  Next week I'll be back and forth between California & New York for at least the first half of 2007.

I miss my cowboy avatar too, but I'm using one of a guy I dated in Munich for a while.  My photographer friend Duane did some pretty popular images of him a few years ago, and this one (the cover of The Advocate) caught me totally off guard.  That's the problem with dating - guys always become famous in one way or another (lol)...so I have to take special care and always keep the relationship on a good note because I will eventually be broadsided with their poster in a Target or a Billboard on the side of a building on Sunset Blvd. (okay, that's an exaggeration - the billboard was only half of the building).  Anyway, that's Henning in the new avatar.  Believe it or not, he's an M.D. (Pediatrician) and popular Model in Deutschland.

Last time I saw Shirtless Cowboy :-X ;), he told me he had lined up a part in a music video for a country artist, and had booked several TV Shows, one of which was with Ricki Lake in a special version of "The Price Is Right".  He's got some incredible rep right now, and I'm pretty sure in a year or two he's going to be quite famous.

Friend Flash, one of these days you'll have to retire to write your memoirs--and I'll pay YOU to proofread 'em for you.  ;D

Good for Shirtless Cowboy! I look forward to seeing him in Prime Time some day.  :D

Welcome back!

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2007, 04:20:25 am »
Oooo, Oooo Oooooo!  I've seen those Suzuki commercials!  Shirtless Cowboy is the drop dead gorgeous, divinely delicious Mr. J.R.J. all american boy, who is rumored to be as nice as he is gorgeous, much like another dark haired-blue eyed fella we all drool over from time to time. Mr J.B.G.  LOL....  :D  Very glad to hear that he is getting some good work, he is definitely someone who deserves some serious success.  ;)  Jakey too of course.  They are both men who just keep getting better looking with age.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2007, 11:27:49 am »
Hehehe,

Right on Dot....I got Mr. Shirtless in a music video for a famous 7 foot tall drag queen.  He really enjoyed it, especially since he used to work as boycandy in said drag queen's show back in the  Atlanta days.  Then, my producing partner at present, cast him in a very funny part  for a movie that made the filmfest route last year.  Lastly, he is very kind-hearted, and even politically aware.  I was surprised once when he sent me an email reminding me to support a candidate who backed gay marriage.  Talk about playing to your fanbase!

BTW...In a stroke of Pre-Brokeback prescience, I totally went out and bought that cowboy hat for the shoot.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 11:39:47 pm by Flashframe777 »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2007, 12:41:25 pm »
An eight-pack and a nice person to boot. There is a God.  :)

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2007, 12:53:49 am »
Flash, you know Duane?  I've done a bunch of shoots for him.  Or rather I've done two for him and he's done several for me when I needed photos for one thing or another.  He recently did the photos for an HIV awareness campaign, said photos featuring both my boyfriend and his (no, not the same guy) and those posters are all over the Castro right now.

I saw the Advocate cover at his studio.  Henning's a very good looking man.  And I saw the drag queen's video with hunky guy while passing by Medium Rare Records.  They had it playing in the window.  Is there a reason you're not mentioning the drag queen by name?