Author Topic: Planning to see Spider-Man 3?  (Read 6708 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Planning to see Spider-Man 3?
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 01:17:11 am »
I bought the DVD for the other two  and I have to say #1 is a superior movie to #2 in my opinion.  Of course I just  cannot stand Kirsten Dunst anymore and she has been shooting her mouth off lately so there is that to color things.   The reviews so far have been very mixed for this one so we'll see maybe I'll wait for it to come on HBO and then if I like it OK I'll buy the DVD.

Well, based on the reviews I've read so far, this movie is about as enjoyable as a fart in church.

But maybe all those die hard "Spidey" fans out there will like it. I'm not one of them, so what would I know?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 09:46:35 am »
I think the first one is the best of the bunch, too.  There were certain aspects of the second one I really enjoyed, but overall, nothing compares to seeing the transformation of Peter Parker to Spider-Man.  Probably the most well-done transformation of this kind ever - so well-done that you can almost believe it's real.  They took the time to show him not just gaining the powers, but learning how to use them.  So often, it's like "Oh, gee, I can fly" and then the character is flying around like Superman in the next scene.

Also, this third one didn't have as many great subtle comic moments as the first one.  They tried - there was a line about "getting right back on the horse" (a little allusion to "Seabiscuit," perhaps?) and a couple of cute cameos for real Spidey/Sam Raimi aficionadoes, but nothing like the best line in the whole damn series:

Aunt May:  You can't do everything.  You're not Superman, you know.

(The best part of that was Tobey's/Peter's reaction.  That's what Tobey's really good at - subtle non-verbal reactions.  They didn't use his talent for that nearly enough in this one.)
No more beans!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 11:14:31 pm »
I just watched Spiderman 2 again and caught a preview of 3.  Is it just me or does Tobey look very puffy--faced?  And also, does Kirsten Dunst ever wear a bra in this series?

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 11:16:57 pm »
No, yes, and no.  :)
No more beans!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 12:43:41 am »
I just watched Spiderman 2 again and caught a preview of 3.  Is it just me or does Tobey look very puffy--faced?  And also, does Kirsten Dunst ever wear a bra in this series?

Kirsten Dunst was so cute in "Interview With The Vampire". But lately she's been acting totally wigged out.  She's certainly not the cute little girl she used to be. I know she's grown up now, but there's something seriously wrong with that woman.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 04:20:25 am »
Kirsten Dunst was so cute in "Interview With The Vampire". But lately she's been acting totally wigged out.  She's certainly not the cute little girl she used to be. I know she's grown up now, but there's something seriously wrong with that woman.

You are still online!!!!

I agree about Kirsten Dunst, the weirdness started when she dumped Jake.... ???