Author Topic: The Road: A Simple 4-Part Psychological Survey of Attitudes  (Read 25579 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Road: A Simple 4-Part Psychological Survey of Attitudes
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 07:10:36 pm »
I love this! A bit far-fetched maybe, but still, interesting! Especially reading what people answer for question 4.

Mine -

1. You’re walking on a road. It’s your road. Tell me about it.

It's curvy, surrounded with fields, lots of things to see. Open spaces and there are mountains in the distance. The road is quite empty and there are rarely cars. The weather is cool and sunny. There is a light breeze and I can hear birds.

2. As you walk, you pass a body of water, describe it.
It's a deep calm lake. There are animals around. Trees and the sky are mirroring on the lake's surface. It's quiet. Some people enjoying the scenery. [Ehem, what?!]

3. Directly in your path is an empty bottle. What’s your response to it?
I think it's litter. But I have a closer look. I'm wondering why someone would litter such a beautiful landscape. I probably kick it to the side of the road or put it into the next bin. [Not sure about the people thing, really.. I don't think I kick people aside...  :-\]

4. You continue until you find yourself facing a wall that crosses your road perpendicularly.
I'll climb it to see what's on the other side! I'm curious, I definitely want to see what's on the other side! Maybe I'll walk along on top of it for a while before jumping down to the other side – depending on what's there. I like climbing! If it's a high wall with no way to climb, I'll walk along it to see if I can peak through somewhere.

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 08:54:22 am »
I'm patiently waiting, waiting, waiting for someone's bottle to be an exquisitely beautiful, bejewelled, antique bottle, with a gorgeously handsome, magical genie inside, who wants to make all your wishes come true! Alas, so far, we've all viewed the bottle less than glowingly.  :-\   ;)   :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:34:45 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 09:23:39 am »
1. My road- A gravel road outin the country. Through rolloing hills and fields of green pastures. there is a nearby stream you can hear and the breeze gently blows and whispers through the grass.

2. My body of water - a clear flowing stream. Beautifully cuttingthrough the bright green of the grassy field.

3. Bottle- Playfully kick it a while then leave it at the side of the road so it doesn't get broken.

4. The wall - rest for a minute from my walk then climb over it.

So what the heck does all this say about me? ???
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 10:21:21 am »
1.   You’re walking on a road. It’s your road. Tell me about it.
      Gravel, a few pot holes, over grown fields on the sides, lots of birds and plants, milkweed.
2.   As you walk, you pass a body of water, describe it.
     It is a creek, kids have build a dam out of rocks and sticks, it is generall shallow which accumulation of gravel.
3.   Directly in your path is an empty bottle. What’s your response to it?
     I pull a plastic shopping bag out of my pocket and pick it up to carry to the nearest trash recepticle.
4.   You continue until you find yourself facing a wall that crosses your road perpendicularly. What do you do?
     I think "This is an odd place for a wall" and then I wake up.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 02:29:32 pm »
This reminds me of the 4-part character identification questionaire that we often used in acting classes to better understand our characters. It was a part of method acting instruction.

1. What is your favorite color? Think of three words to describe it.
2. What is your favorite animal? Think of three words to describe it.
3. What is your favorite location or association with water? Three words to describe it.
4. You are surrounded by a white light and can see or experience nothing else. Three words to describe your feelings.

The description of a person's favorite color is often a depiction of how that person sees him or herself.

The description of a favorite animal represents how others see you.

The description of a favorite place or association with water is (as in the previous survey) how you feel about sexuality.

The description of feelings about the white light indicate the feelings of death.

I can remember having various favorite colors over time, but my favorite animal has changed only once. Likewise the other two answers have remained the same.  (Part of our challenge was to come up with answers that our characters would likely respond with instead of ourselves.)

My answers at one time.

1. Black: Mysterious, regal, dramatic.
2. Dolphin: Intelligent, playful, creative.
3. Waterfall: Relaxed, easy, comfortable.
4. Warm, curious, uncertain.

Now I'm going to try to do the original questionaire, forgetting about what the answers mean.

1.   You’re walking on a road. It’s your road. Tell me about it.
      The road is made of white marble with gold veins and accented with gold decorations. It looks like a little bit of heaven. On either side are beautiful forests of elegantly lined trees, with singing birds. Sometimes the forest gets more dense and a little frightening at times, but I can always see the light and can see that the path moves out into the open once again.
2.   As you walk, you pass a body of water, describe it.
     From a tower of ancient and beautiful green limestone a waterfall cascades into a pool of cool, clear water with a nearby bush with dark green leaves and white flowers. It is inviting and refreshing and there's a sparkle in the air that can only be provided by waterfalls. The scent of earth and water is almost overwhelming and it's easy to fall head over heels in love with it.
3.   Directly in your path is an empty bottle. What’s your response to it?
      The bottle is both jeweled and ancient, like a Djinn bottle almost, and I pick it up and look around to see where it came from. There is a marble column podium nearby and I place it gently and reverently on the podium and continue on my journey.
4.   You continue until you find yourself facing a wall that crosses your road perpendicularly. What do you do?
      I search for a door in the wall, leaving the path if I have to.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 02:59:04 pm »
Blue-Peaceful, Happy, Calm
Horse-Strong,Carefree,Fun
Moutain Stream- Refreshing,Beautiful,Wild
Light-Calm,Relaxed,Secure

Wow, Not sure thats how I see myself andf I can't say for sure how others see me.
The rest are pretty dead on!  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

moremojo

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 03:27:10 pm »
1.   You’re walking on a road. It’s your road. Tell me about it. My road is a country road, paved but with very little, and only intermittent traffic. It winds around gently rolling hills, with lots of green vegetation and trees all around. The scene is gentle and bucolic.

2.   As you walk, you pass a body of water, describe it. I see a lake in the high country, cool, pristine, and tranquil.

3.   Directly in your path is an empty bottle. What’s your response to it? I glance down at the bottle, taking note of any distinguishing characteristics, and satisfying my curiosity, decide to leave it where I find it.

4.   You continue until you find yourself facing a wall that crosses your road perpendicularly. What do you do? I try to see if there is a way around the wall, so that I can continue in my chosen direction. If this does not seem possible, I decide to turn back and head in the direction from which I came.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 07:52:02 pm »
This reminds me of the 4-part character identification questionaire that we often used in acting classes to better understand our characters. It was a part of method acting instruction.

1. What is your favorite color? Think of three words to describe it.
2. What is your favorite animal? Think of three words to describe it.
3. What is your favorite location or association with water? Three words to describe it.
4. You are surrounded by a white light and can see or experience nothing else. Three words to describe your feelings.

The description of a person's favorite color is often a depiction of how that person sees him or herself.

The description of a favorite animal represents how others see you.

The description of a favorite place or association with water is (as in the previous survey) how you feel about sexuality.

The description of feelings about the white light indicate the feelings of death.

I can remember having various favorite colors over time, but my favorite animal has changed only once. Likewise the other two answers have remained the same.  (Part of our challenge was to come up with answers that our characters would likely respond with instead of ourselves.)

My answers at one time.

1. Black: Mysterious, regal, dramatic.
2. Dolphin: Intelligent, playful, creative.
3. Waterfall: Relaxed, easy, comfortable.
4. Warm, curious, uncertain.

This is fascinating, Daniel. Could I ask you to kindly initiate a new thread? I'm sure lots of people would like to respond. Here are my answers - I couldn't resist!  :D

Colour: Imperial Purple - Luxurious, opulent, distinctive
Animal: German Shepherd Dog - Loving, loyal, cuddly
Water: Lake - Serene, tranquil, meditative
White Light: Infinity, peace, surrender

(I didn't look at the explanations before answering the questions)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

moremojo

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 01:38:34 pm »
1. What is your favorite color? Blue. Serene, cool, calm.

2. What is your favorite animal? Cat. Poised, languid, comfortable.

3. What is your favorite location or association with water? Lake. Reflective, peaceful, tranquil.

4. You are surrounded by a white light and can see or experience nothing else. Disoriented, unsure, uneasy.

Online CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 08:47:43 pm »
Big Brother Paul sent me a link to this, and I scanned it quickly to make sure I hadn't already answered the quizes here.  I'll answer, and then try to figure out what they mean.  LOL

1.   You’re walking on a road. It’s your road. Tell me about it.

It's a paved road, that has trees shading it.  It has many small hills and curves in it.  Occasionally I'll see a house or some sign of life, but there are not very many cars on it.  I can hear the sounds of nature.

2.   As you walk, you pass a body of water, describe it.

It's a large stream/brook.  It has a fast current to it, so that it has that babbling brook sound to it.  As I pass it, I see a waterfall that feeds the brook.   It's not big, but it's loud enough to be heard, and fast enough to feed the current.

3.   Directly in your path is an empty bottle. What’s your response to it?

I pick it up and carry it with me so I can find a proper place to dispose of it.

4.   You continue until you find yourself facing a wall that crosses your road perpendicularly. What do you do?

I debate as to whether or not there is a way around it, or over it.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!