Author Topic: Strong, gorgeous women!  (Read 547347 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Strong, gorgeous women!
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 02:20:40 pm »
Wendy Crewson

She is beautiful!
What movies has she been in?
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 05:35:34 pm »

Wow! Thank you everybody for contributing (Dottie, I knew I could count on you!)   ;D

Here is one of my alltime favourite actresses: the incredible Romy Schneider:  :)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 06:46:18 pm »
Wow! Thank you everybody for contributing (Dottie, I knew I could count on you!)    ;D

LOL that sure is a nice way to say you know how obsessed and what a thread hog I can be  :laugh:  Seriously... My Mom loved Romy Schneider that's a great picture of her...Mom really liked Simone Signoret too...

Here's another of my favorite strong gorgeous women...  Maya Angelou "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. "
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 06:47:20 pm »
Simone de Beauvoir (January 9, 1908 – April 14, 1986) was a French author and philosopher. She wrote novels, monographs on philosophy, politics, and social issues, essays, biographies, and an autobiography. She is now best known for her metaphysical novels, including She Came to Stay and The Mandarins, and for her 1949 treatise The Second Sex, a detailed analysis of women's oppression and a foundational tract of contemporary feminism.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:09:41 pm by dot-matrix »

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 06:50:04 pm »
The incomparable Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2007, 06:57:23 pm »

Amelia Earhartl ................

Although Earhart's convictions were strong, challenging prejudicial and financial obstacles awaited her. But the former tomboy was no stranger to disapproval or doubt. Defying conventional feminine behavior, the young Earhart climbed trees, "belly-slammed" her sled to start it downhill and hunted rats with a .22 rifle. She also kept a scrapbook of newspaper clippings about successful women in predominantly male-oriented fields, including film direction and production, law, advertising, management, and mechanical engineering.

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2007, 07:07:05 pm »

"When a motherhood becomes the fruit of a deep yearning, not the result of ignorance or accident, its children will become the foundation of a new race." - Margaret Sanger

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2007, 07:09:22 pm »
Mary Renault

my favorite author (sorry Annie!)

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2007, 07:14:25 pm »
Maria Skłodowska-Curie (born Maria Skłodowska; known in France as Marie Curie, aka Madame Curie; November 7, 1867 – July 4, 1934) was a Polish-French physicist and chemist. She was a pioneer in the field of radioactivity, the first twice-honored Nobel laureate (and still today the only laureate in two different sciences), and the first female professor at the Sorbonne.

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2007, 07:16:06 pm »
Ava Lavinia Gardner (December 24, 1922 – January 25, 1990) was an Academy Award-nominated American screen actress who worked on film and television. She is listed as one of the American Film Institute's greatest stars of all time.