Author Topic: OT: United 93 -- WILL YOU BE SEEING IT?  (Read 18355 times)

slayers_creek_oth

Re: OT: United 93 -- WILL YOU BE SEEING IT?
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 06:14:18 pm »
I really want to see it but its not coming out in the UK till bloody September!!! Which is crazy, since its a British film, isn't it?

Really?  I thought it was American.....

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 06:16:08 pm »
Yep, I'm seeing it in the theatre, and I'll have an enormous, cathartic, howling cry.  It'll be good for me.

My question is this:

Is it appropriate to stuff your face with popcorn while watching it?  Skittles?  Nothing seems right.  Even sucking back an icy cold diet coke seems disrespectful.  Can I mournfully crunch nachos?  Eat a hot dog for liberty and freedom?  It's a conundrum.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 06:18:29 pm »
Yep, I'm seeing it in the theatre, and I'll have an enormous, cathartic, howling cry.  It'll be good for me.

My question is this:

Is it appropriate to stuff your face with popcorn while watching it?  Skittles?  Nothing seems right.  Even sucking back an icy cold diet coke seems disrespectful.  Can I mournfully crunch nachos?  Eat a hot dog for liberty and freedom?  It's a conundrum.

Wow....thats a tough question......hmmm!   ???

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 06:31:52 pm »
I'll see it.  My sister's boyfriend's brother was on that flight.  (September 11th happened before my sister met her boyfriend though).  He was an aviation engineer and designer, and piloted smaller planes.  His family feels that if he had had the opportunity, he could have piloted that plane, with help from the ground.  They don't think he got the chance.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 07:12:42 pm »

My question is this:

Uh...  Wouldn't that be like making out with your significant other during "Schindler's List?"  ;)
No more beans!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 07:15:05 pm »
Uh...  Wouldn't that be like making out with your significant other during "Schindler's List?"  ;)

What is that from?  Sounds familiar...

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 07:37:21 pm »
It was a Seinfeld episode. 

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 07:42:49 pm »
Not only no, but hell no.  Ditto what chefjudy said:

umm, probably not in the theatre, I have an aversion to flying anyway so when I find out a movie has something bad happening to the passengers (like turbulence or crashes etc) I tend to not want to see them - add to that the horror that plays in my mind regarding those terrorist-flown planes and what happended to all of them - let's just say, I'm real uneasy about seeing it visually...

rtprod

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2006, 07:53:28 pm »

Is it appropriate to stuff your face with popcorn while watching it?

I did, but I had second thoughts about until I realized how damn hungry I was....!   ;D

rt

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 07:59:59 pm »

Is it appropriate to stuff your face with popcorn while watching it?

I did, but I had second thoughts about until I realized how damn hungry I was....!   ;D

rt

Movie critics are allowed to eat popcorn? They actually serve popcorn? Somehow I pictured you in this incubator of movie-dom, separated from all things human, allowing the film to flow over, under, through, and in you, creating a sense of...

Oh never mind, you actually ate popcorn?
L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!