Author Topic: Songs, Lyrics and More Music  (Read 9498 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
More Music - RIP Natalie Cole
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 04:43:58 pm »

Natalie Cole, the daughter of jazz legend Nat King Cole, who carved out her own considerable success with R&B hits like "Our Love" and "This Will Be" before triumphantly intertwining their legacies to make his "Unforgettable" their signature hit through technological wizardry, has died. She was 65.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBIT_NATALIE_COLE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Natalie was a hit-maker in the 70s, scoring quite a few Billboard Hot 100 hits.

"This Will Be" - #6
"Inseparable" - #32
"Sophisticated Lady" - #25
"I've Got Love On My Mind" - #5
"Our Love" - #10
"Someone That I Used To Love" - #21

After the release of "Someone That I Used To Love" (1980), Natalie began to use drugs, and the music suffered, and the hits pretty much stopped.  She went  to rehab and got clean.  In 1987 she released the CD "Everlasting", and her comeback got a jump start with a song called "Jump Start".

"Jump Start" - #13
"I Live For Your Love" - #13
"Pink Cadillac" - #5
"Miss You Like Crazy" - #7
"Wild Women Do" - #34
"Unforgettable" - #14

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Songs, Lyrics and More Music
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 04:46:56 pm »
I was very shocked and saddened when I learned that she had died. She was "big" back when I really followed music, and I liked her. I thought she had a great voice. I'm sure her father would have been proud of her.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Songs, Lyrics and More Music
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 04:56:55 pm »
I was very shocked and saddened when I learned that she had died. She was "big" back when I really followed music, and I liked her. I thought she had a great voice. I'm sure her father would have been proud of her.

I didn't hear about it until today.  I remembered her earlier stuff, but really liked her later stuff.  "Miss You Like Crazy" and her "Pink Cadillac" cover were faves.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!