Author Topic: The Pollution Thread....  (Read 19003 times)

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
Re: The Pollution Thread....
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 04:28:17 pm »
Hey Bex, sorry I am here.

I have a random question.
Is it ok to litter if it's food? Let's say you are grilling out at the lake and you have some leftover corncobs and you don't want to carry them home, is it okay to throw them into the trees so birds can eat them or is it still littering?

Apparently it is. When I was 12 I got into HUGE (like huge, called up to the front during assembly, got detention, etc) trouble for throwing my orange peels on the grass at school...

Dill, well... I loved Jake's Beardy-Beard so much, I felt the need to continuously go on about it. I would be randomly saying beardy-beard everywhere. Soon this love spread to Bex, and, after a sarcastic comment from someone, she decided to name the beardy-beard, options being Taraquin (cos she likes it) or Dill (to follow the To Kill A Mockingbird Pet naming trend). I voted for Dill and it was set. I then went on to Jake's board and made a thread to find all the fans of Dill.

It was around this time that Kill Dill came about - fans who were against our beloved. So Bex started a group called SOD (Save Our Dill) and created a blog for him. But it was all in vain, because the evil Kill Dill members triumphed (using dirty methods, obviously... probably shave him in his sleep).
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 04:31:38 pm »
If you wanna check the blog site out it is right here:
http://saveourdill.blogspot.com/

I have not posted in a while due to grief and the lack of Dill sightings cause he is gone! :'( But it is all on there if you wanna take a peak.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 05:01:12 pm »
I am so not feeling pollutionary tonight. It may be the near death experience I had today while riding my horse (she's crazy, I swear!!).

At the moment I'm having an MSN convo with someone which may interest you all:

Nat says:
Did I tell you I  saw Bm?
Nat says:
on dvd
RIP Dill says:
Oh no you didn't...
Nat says:
ohh yes i did
RIP Dill says:
Lol, I meant you didn't tell me
Nat says:
oohh, sorry
RIP Dill says:
lol
Nat says:
I thought it was nice, but not that nice
RIP Dill says:
Not that nice?
Nat says:
no just to slow
Nat says:
and then nothing happend in the end
Nat says:
it just sort of finished
RIP Dill says:
I swear, if you tell me it took to long for the plot to go I'll scream
RIP Dill says:
That's th point!!!
Nat says:
what i don't get it?
Nat says:
there was no point,
RIP Dill says:
... *breathes*
Nat says:
it was just this ongoing thing
Nat says:
that nothing ever happend
Nat says:
except he died
Nat says:
at least!
RIP Dill says:
O...M... G
Nat says:
hahahah
Nat says:
your so funny!
RIP Dill says:
So basically you missed the point...

*Continues deep breathing*
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 06:01:52 pm »
I can't believe the uneducated heathens you know Chan! How can you not get Brokeback? I swear it is impossible!

Night, night to all! :-* Continue the randomness throught the night.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 09:22:02 pm »
One time, I ran over two birds that were playing together. I used to slow down for birds but my ex was like they ALWAYS get out of the way, it's stupid to slow down. So, one day, I didn't slow down and they didn't move and I ran over them. I cried so hard. I had to pull over and cry my eyes out. Friends tried to console me and say that the birds were probably suicidal but it didn't help. To this day, I get choked up when I think about those birds and I am not even kidding.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm with you.  I ran over a momma duck and her ducklings.  :'(  I was near a lake runoff pond and the speed limit was 45 mpg and out of a hedge, they stepped right in front of me.  There was no way to stop or turn away.  I tried to dodge the little ones, then realized at the last split second the little ones wouldn't survive without their momma.  So I turned back.   :(

It was terrible and I still get torn up about it.  :'(

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 11:56:41 pm »
On the corncob issue:

If it's reasonably biodegradeable, such as corncobs, orange peels, pistachio shells, etc., proper etiquette would be to take 'em with with you, but as that isn't always practicable, it's okay to leave them if they're discreetly tucked away.  Not flung into trees, you little hellion.

Anything else besides fruit and veggie leavings, and perhaps bread, is a no-no, and you will be punished with twenty lashes and be put in the stocks for two days.

It is revolting to come upon somebody else's foul little detritis.  Makes me wanna puke.

On the squished bird/duck issue:

Mmmmm.........crispy aromatic duckling with hoisin sauce and pancakes.  Deeeelicious.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 01:19:10 am »
One time, I ran over two birds that were playing together. I used to slow down for birds but my ex was like they ALWAYS get out of the way, it's stupid to slow down. So, one day, I didn't slow down and they didn't move and I ran over them. I cried so hard. I had to pull over and cry my eyes out. Friends tried to console me and say that the birds were probably suicidal but it didn't help. To this day, I get choked up when I think about those birds and I am not even kidding.

Driving home with a friend for spring break, a bird flew into my windshield. I only saw it like a second before it hit, and I thought it would fly away at the last minute like they always do, but it didn't. We were both horrified and looked back behind us, and it was still flying! It was rather traumatizing and we both tend to freak out a little if birds come to close to the car.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 11:01:19 am »
I slowed down and screamed at a bird to fly away the other day while driving my car - my new man thought it was funny/cute cos I was like: Birdie, move, move, c'mon move, MOVE ..*suddenly brakes and makes a funny 'ahhhh' scream like noise* (and of course it moved in time..but I worry!) But I would have been totally gutted if that had happened to me Dela and Sparkle.. (esp Dela and the little baby ducklings!)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 04:25:25 pm »
I'm bored.... I anyone here??

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 05:23:30 pm »
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ;D