Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3200791 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4180 on: August 01, 2008, 10:41:51 am »

I thought the most interesting thing about the E! segment was that they showed that little clip from a BBM press conference where Jake was talking about being really happy to be part of a challenging movie.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4181 on: August 01, 2008, 10:48:51 am »
Yeah. I guess they wanted to pinpoint that he will always be connected with this movie. Plus, they mentioned Heath a little bit surrounding him. But, still. There was nothing to it. That E! program first premiered last year. I just thought it was interestingly amusing that they showed the clip from "Jarhead" when he was dancing almost naked in the Santa thong. :-*

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4182 on: August 01, 2008, 05:53:09 pm »
Saw this blurb on People.com about Jake and Reese and thought I'd share. I'm glad that he's a great uncle.  :D He doesn't say anything about Jake being a great godfather.  :(

Gyllenhaal's Costar: 'I Dig Jake and Reese Together'
By Kristen Mascia

Originally posted Friday August 01, 2008 01:00 PM EDT
Photo by: Flynet 

The romance between Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon is soooo "right," a friend of the couple tells PEOPLE.

"I dig Jake and Reese together," says Clifton Collins Jr., an old pal of Witherspoon, 32, and Gyllenhaal's costar in the upcoming film Brothers. "They seem happy."

And Collins Jr., should know. "I've known her since she was 17 – we used to have the same agent. She's precious. She's fun and sweet, and dedicated – she really cares about her work," he tells PEOPLE at the Maxim Extreme Sports Party on Thursday at the Stork club in Los Angeles.

Gyllenhaal, 27, seems a great match for her, he says. "He's got this big, lovable heart. He's just like that."

So would Gyllenhaal make a good dad?

You betcha, he adds. In fact, "He's a big kid. And he's very playful." Indeed, Gyllenhaal has had a lot of practice: He's uncle to 22-month-old Ramona, his sister Maggie Gyllenhaal's child with Peter Saarsgaard, and has been spending lots of time with Witherspoon and her kids, Ava, 8, and Deacon, 4.

Watching Gyllenhaal and Witherspoon together, "I see smiles, so something's gotta be [going] right," Collins Jr. says.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20216324,00.html

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4183 on: August 01, 2008, 08:19:08 pm »
Thanks for the article Kd5000!
Of course he's spending much time with Ava and Deacon, since they are the children of his girlfriend and with Ramona, his nice.
Being a Godfather doesn't mean you must spend time with your Godchild though, most people, i dare say, hardly ever see their Godparents.
I think Matilda's Godmother is also Michelle's best friend and is there for them and Heath's childhood friend from Australia Trevor seems to spend time with her too.  :)

Whenever Jake becomes a dad, i'm sure he'll be a good one. :)

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4184 on: August 01, 2008, 09:37:11 pm »
But, I'm sure that he sees Matilda every now and again.

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4185 on: August 03, 2008, 09:22:29 am »
Saw this blurb on People.com about Jake and Reese and thought I'd share. I'm glad that he's a great uncle.  :D He doesn't say anything about Jake being a great godfather.  :(

Gyllenhaal's Costar: 'I Dig Jake and Reese Together'
By Kristen Mascia

Originally posted Friday August 01, 2008 01:00 PM EDT
Photo by: Flynet 

The romance between Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon is soooo "right," a friend of the couple tells PEOPLE.

"I dig Jake and Reese together," says Clifton Collins Jr., an old pal of Witherspoon, 32, and Gyllenhaal's costar in the upcoming film Brothers. "They seem happy."

And Collins Jr., should know. "I've known her since she was 17 – we used to have the same agent. She's precious. She's fun and sweet, and dedicated – she really cares about her work," he tells PEOPLE at the Maxim Extreme Sports Party on Thursday at the Stork club in Los Angeles.

Gyllenhaal, 27, seems a great match for her, he says. "He's got this big, lovable heart. He's just like that."

So would Gyllenhaal make a good dad?

You betcha, he adds. In fact, "He's a big kid. And he's very playful." Indeed, Gyllenhaal has had a lot of practice: He's uncle to 22-month-old Ramona, his sister Maggie Gyllenhaal's child with Peter Saarsgaard, and has been spending lots of time with Witherspoon and her kids, Ava, 8, and Deacon, 4.

Watching Gyllenhaal and Witherspoon together, "I see smiles, so something's gotta be [going] right," Collins Jr. says.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20216324,00.html

I'm one of "those" people who never sees their godparents.  They were best friends with my mom when I was born... but they moved away, time passes, etc.  They still send holiday cards to my parents though.

Plus, reporters (or whatever you call the people that write these articles) hardly ever ever mention things like godparents.

*shrugs*

8)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4186 on: August 03, 2008, 01:02:51 pm »
Who knows what's true, but I just read this:

Walk The Line Reese Witherspoon to walk the aisle
By CAROLINE GRAHAM
Last updated at 1:10 AM on 03rd August 2008

Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon is to marry Jake Gyllenhaal at Christmas.

Brokeback Mountain star Gyllenhaal, 27, has told friends he and Reese, 32 – who won Best Actress for Walk The Line – plan to wed on or around his birthday on December 19 after he finishes his new film, Prince Of Persia.

A source on the set of the ?100million epic adventure, currently filming in Morocco, said: ‘Jake is telling everyone they are getting married at Christmas.

‘He told me he had proposed several times but she kept telling him she wanted to give their relationship more time. When he asked her again a couple of weeks ago, she finally said yes.’

Reese, who has two children with ex-husband Ryan Phillippe, met Gyllenhaal in 2006 while filming the thriller Rendition.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1040920/Walk-The-Line-Reese-Witherspoon-walk-aisle.html

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4187 on: August 03, 2008, 07:37:57 pm »
For some random reason I threw Donnie Darko into the DVD player to serve as background entertainment while I was doing stuff around the house.

But....doing that proved dangerous to the stuff getting done. I ended up watching the whole film. That film is just so amazingly good - it challenges every last brain cell you've got to try figuring out what everything means and what's going on. Riveting. Mesmerizing. Unexpected. I love it. And Jake is absolutely amazingly good in it. Plus his broody intense teen geek look isn't exactly hard on the eyes, either.

Donnie Darko is one of my absolute favourite films.  :)

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4188 on: August 03, 2008, 08:16:50 pm »
Interesting article, Elle.

Btw, there's something I've forgotten to tell you guys. Jake's birthday is on December 19th, right? Well, guess what. My birthday is December 19th, too! Plus, he's exactly 10 years older than me. He's 27 and I'm 17! No joke! I just thought that was interesting to bring up. :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4189 on: August 03, 2008, 10:46:07 pm »
Interesting article, Elle.

Btw, there's something I've forgotten to tell you guys. Jake's birthday is on December 19th, right? Well, guess what. My birthday is December 19th, too! Plus, he's exactly 10 years older than me. He's 27 and I'm 17! No joke! I just thought that was interesting to bring up. :)

We'll have a double birthday party, Gabreya.  :)