Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3816396 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2550 on: September 07, 2007, 12:26:46 am »
Hey, Amanda, welcome to HHH!  I saw that interview, too, and was amazed at 1) the amount of time they actually devoted to Heath (usually it's two seconds) and 2)  Heath's softened attitude toward the paparazzi.  I hope both things become a trend.  ;)

Well, I hope he doesn't soften his attitude too much, lol!.  I kind of like the fact that he refuses to play their game in his private life.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2551 on: September 07, 2007, 01:09:53 am »
Oilgun, sometimes I just have to gaze appreciatively at your avatar. With all the somber news here, it puts me in a better mood.   :D

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #2552 on: September 07, 2007, 03:00:56 am »
Some film actors tend to be upstaged by their own beauty: people like Brad Pitt, Uma Thurman and Heather Graham.

I think the way Heath dresses & grooms (or doesn't groom LOL) is deliberate -- along the same lines of not wanting to be a prettyboy lightweight.

Somehow I imagine it will be a relief to him when he gets much older -- out of the poster-boy treadmill for good, but still prime as an actor.

In the meantime, I really enjoy and appreciate his apparent sartorial ineptitude for some reason. It makes him seem so much more human.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #2553 on: September 07, 2007, 10:00:44 am »
Oilgun, sometimes I just have to gaze appreciatively at your avatar. With all the somber news here, it puts me in a better mood.   :D

Thanks ineedcrayons!  I love that picture, Heath's smile is infectious.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2554 on: September 07, 2007, 10:09:06 am »
Some film actors tend to be upstaged by their own beauty: people like Brad Pitt, Uma Thurman and Heather Graham.

Well put!! I'm not sure I'd put Heather Graham into the category, and as for Uma I do think she's pretty but have never found her quite as beautiful as most people do. But I certainly understand the general principle, and agree that it applies to Brad Pitt and others. I think men are particularly wary of that trap, because for them beauty is even more equated with lightweightness than it is for women. Some women -- Angelina Jolie comes to mind -- are able to be seen as both beautiful and serious actresses. But for men, beauty is a definite liability.

I really enjoy and appreciate his apparent sartorial ineptitude for some reason. It makes him seem so much more human.

Yes, I can see this, too.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2555 on: September 07, 2007, 12:33:58 pm »
Well put!! I'm not sure I'd put Heather Graham into the category, and as for Uma I do think she's pretty but have never found her quite as beautiful as most people do.

I saw Uma Thurman in person in Soho (NYC) back in 1999. She was walking into a store I was walking out of. I didn't think she was that beautiful. The only impressive thing about her was that she is tall and lean, but other than that it seemed to me that she needed make up to look nice.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2556 on: September 07, 2007, 02:23:12 pm »
The only impressive thing about her was that she is tall and lean

And don't forget long blonde hair. That goes a long way for some people.

I think she's very attractive, but to me her face has a strange geometry that keeps it from being really beautiful.

Though then again, what actress really IS beautiful? My friend and I were trying to figure this out last week. We assigned each other to come up with some honest-to-God BEAUTIFUL actresses. The only one I could think of was Catherine Zeta Jones. My friend named Sophia Loren.

I think Brad Pitt is way more beautiful than Angelina Jolie, and he's not even my type.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2557 on: September 07, 2007, 02:44:29 pm »
Though then again, what actress really IS beautiful? My friend and I were trying to figure this out last week. We assigned each other to come up with some honest-to-God BEAUTIFUL actresses. The only one I could think of was Catherine Zeta Jones. My friend named Sophia Loren.

Catherine Zeta-Jones is a very good joice. THE most beautiful woman I can think of is Catherine Deneuve. Gawd, she's drop-dead gorgeous.
And Jodie Foster. Although not as beautiful as La Deneuve, she's simply my type. If I ever were to switch teams, she'd be the one I'd drool over. Heck, I do drool over her, lol.

Other classic beauties are Grace Kelly and Romy Schneider.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2558 on: September 07, 2007, 02:50:45 pm »
As for Heath and his sartorial mistakes: I tend to believe that it's a combination of two things: he really doesn't care, plus he just doen't have an eye for it. If I showed Heath pics to my husband, I bet he wouldn't find anything strange in the way Heath dresses (except for the smurf hat maybe).

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2559 on: September 07, 2007, 02:52:52 pm »

I think Kate Beckinsale is gorgeous. I think Jessica Alba is beautiful.  I think Anne Hathaway is
beautiful as well.  But she is almost too pretty...She looks kind of unreal.

I still think Elizabeth Taylor at her prime. was the most beautiful woman I have
ever seen.

Beautiful mind