Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3896453 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2650 on: September 10, 2007, 02:24:40 pm »
Ha, ha, ha great pictures, Elle, and great socks, Paul!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2651 on: September 10, 2007, 02:34:02 pm »
Happy Weird Socks Day!

It's a little awkward looking since I was taking a picture of my own feet!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

OMG! You have no idea how hard i'm laughing! I really needed that.

Love you guys  :-*
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2652 on: September 10, 2007, 04:01:17 pm »
I just looked through a series of Venize Festival photos with commentary that one of the major papers here has recently put up. The series show that most other actors apparently came dressed to the nines in grand gala attire on the red carpet, while various directors (Woody Allen, Tim Burton, for instance) looked quite more relaxed and randomly dressed. But anyway, the paper's got various pics of Heath (He's definitely the one guy they've got the most pics of, in addition to Brad Pitt) - and they've got one picture only showing Heath's feet, socks and shoes. I kind of liked the paper's comment to that one. It's not judgmental, no criticism, rather it comes with a fond smile and a hint of raised eyebrows:

"Good-looking Heath Ledger recently has chosen to show his more eccentric, "Nightmare on Elm Street"-inspired side, as demonstrated here by how he dressed his feet."

8)

Hmmm.... I'd rather think it was the hat brought them in mind of Freddy Krueger (sp?). Clarissa, you made me smile with the Pinocchio comparison. And the weird socks photos - heh! Too funny, you guys!

I'll say - Heath not only makes fans engage their brains, but also their artistic and inventive powers. Lovely!! :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 04:07:47 pm by Mikaela »

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2653 on: September 10, 2007, 04:40:50 pm »
I'll say - Heath not only makes fans engage their brains, but also their artistic and inventive powers. Lovely!! :)

Yes! I for one am glad he dressed that way, giving us all these deep issues to ponder. This is more words than I've spoke here in the past two weeks!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2654 on: September 10, 2007, 05:10:22 pm »
Hell, that's probably the most I've spoke here in the past 2 months!   ::) at self.  8) at Heath

Offline oilgun

« Reply #2655 on: September 10, 2007, 06:39:21 pm »
I've been holding my tongue re: Heath's unfortunate red carpet attire mainly because I was waiting for some sort of explanation from him. (He still hasn't called, lol!)  I just don't understand why someone who apparently doesn't like the paps would dress like paparazzi-bait.  Unless he was trying to redirect everyone's attention from his personal life and the recent breakup to his wardrobe? 

Regardless, I think it was a tad disrespectful to dress (way)down for a dressy affair. It almost looks like an attention-getting stunt which is so not what I thought Heath was about.  If the photo had been taken on the streets of NY or something, then I would be celebrating his anti-fashion look (Although I find dirty old shoes really hard to accept under any circumstances, lol!) but is the closing ceremonies of an international event the right venue for trying to bring back the grunge look? 

Then again, maybe he was trying to make a comment about our celebrity-obsessed society.  We do seem to care more about celebrities' wardrobes than we do about genocide, world hunger, war, etc.  Check out any news stand for supporting evidence, lol!
I think I like this explanation!  Go, Heath Go! :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2656 on: September 10, 2007, 07:07:57 pm »
Then again, maybe he was trying to make a comment about our celebrity-obsessed society.  We do seem to care more about celebrities' wardrobes than we do about genocide, world hunger, war, etc.  Check out any news stand for supporting evidence, lol!

It's true, but I'm not sure dressing bizarrely is the most effective way to direct people's attention toward more serious issues. At least, it doesn't seem to have had that effect on US* ...  :laugh:

Maybe some interviewer will ask him what he had in mind and we can get his perspective. I'd love to hear it!

*By "US" I mean the people posting here, not the magazine. Well, both!  :laugh:

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2657 on: September 10, 2007, 09:23:42 pm »
WESTBROOK, Me (AP). Leslie H. Nicoll, of Westbrook, Maine, USA, headed off to work today in a fetching ensemble consisting of blue denim pedal pushers, a green Maine Public Radio tee-shirt, a black raincoat, and black socks, embroidered with green, yellow, red and blue LL Bean tote bags. Asked about her outfit, Nicoll replied, “Maybe in Sydney Australia they would call this a clanger. I call it haute couture.”

Nicoll was reacting to the international uproar to Heath Ledger’s evening wear choices at the awards ceremony of the 64th Venice International Film Festival. Ledger has raised eyebrows worldwide with his choice of shorts, yellow tee shirt and red and white striped socks. While some have supported his independent fashion “joie de vivre” others have condemned his costume; still others have mused that he may be depressed and not able to make “good choices” in the wake of his recent break-up with Michelle Williams.

Further elaborating on her clothing selections, Nicoll noted that it is raining today in Westbrook. “The raincoat is for functionality,” she said. “The socks are for fun.”

Nicoll urged Heathens worldwide to support their man Heath today by wearing wacky socks and other unconventional sartorial choices. “The way people are carrying on about his red and white socks,” she said, “you’d really think that was a fashion faux pas. I have no problem with the socks—in fact, I think they are sort of cute. Now if he had shown up wearing a jock strap on his head, that would be something to talk about.”

;D ;D ;D

Okay, you've got me!  I shall try to come up with some sort of sartorial incorrectness to wear tomorrow!
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2658 on: September 10, 2007, 09:26:51 pm »

:laugh:  :laugh:

Do we get a picture of the socks Leslie?

I'd love to wear wacky socks, unfortunately, I haven't got any  :-\

Quick!  Someone ship Fabienne some wacky socks!  I'd send her the few I have, but they have holes in them...
 ::)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2659 on: September 10, 2007, 09:31:56 pm »
(AP.) (Immediate Release) Mr. and Mrs. Knee High Socks of Camden, ME, are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, LL Bean Tote Bag Socks to Renegade Red Striped Socks, of Perth, Australia.

Tote Bag and Renegade met a year ago at a foot fetish affair. After a heel to heel courtship they realized their toes were locked. True love ensued.

Renegade is the grandson of Raggedy Ann and Andy. His maternal great-aunt is the Wicked Witch of the West. His family are proud of their striped sock heritage.

Tote Bag comes from a distinguished line of sacks, including Brown Sack, Plastic Sack, and Biodegradable Sack. Her great-grandfather, LL Bean Tote Bag, transmuted the sack gene to socks. The family is still scratching their heads over that, but are happy about the multi-channel marketing possibilities.

When asked about their future together, the happy fiancée said, “I love stripes and red and white are my favorite. I can think of nothing better than with being with Renegade for the rest of my life.” Renegade concurred, saying demurely, “All I want to do is dip my toes into her tote.”

A spring wedding is planned. Although plans are preliminary, the wedding party is likely to be barefoot. Guests should plan accordingly.

###

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!