Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3826668 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2720 on: September 18, 2007, 03:12:52 pm »
I just posted an interview with Heath about "I'm Not There" in the "I'm Not There" thread:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,2744.msg253541.html#msg253541

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2721 on: September 18, 2007, 09:44:31 pm »
I'm loving all the interviews!  (Much more fun that speculating what girl he is or isn't out with.)

Thanks, guys.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2722 on: September 21, 2007, 03:48:28 am »
People magazine stuck these two photos together and said "He Cleans Up Well!".  I like the not-dressed-up one much, much better.
http://www.people.com/people/package/sma2006/gallery/0,,1539441_1548659_10,00.html

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2723 on: September 21, 2007, 03:52:46 am »

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,21854178-5013075,00.html

Heath's first big break
Peta Hellard
March 04, 2006 10:00pm
THIS is Heath Ledger as you have never seen him before - when he was 15, having just secured his first big acting break.

The photo of the floppy-haired kid from Applecross is one of several items in his original Perth casting file, which The Sunday Times unearthed on the eve of his Oscar appearance tomorrow night.

It is a fascinating insight to the teen with the megawatt smile who has risen to be Australia's biggest male star.

The file charts the long road from Guildford Grammar schoolboy to red-carpet strolling, self-assured Tinseltown powerbroker over 11 years.

It has a clipping from The Sunday Times of July 1997, in which an 18-year-old Ledger gives one of his first interviews on the eve of his departure to Hollywood.

The prophetic story billed him as "Australia's new Mel Gibson'' and reported that he was "on the threshold of a career which could take him to the top of the entertainment tree''.

Ledger, who has become increasingly media-shy as his international profile has sky-rocketed, was candid. He discussed his love for his mum's cooking, a passion for the West Coast Eagles, his ambitions and his romantic side.

"I'm really a softy and I fall in love easily,'' he said. "I've always been excited about my future and I've always tried to build my own destiny. I'm striving. I want to be respected.''

The 26-year-old has certainly achieved his goal. His tender portrayal of gay cowboy Ennis Del Mar in Brokeback Mountain has earned him critical acclaim and a slew of award nominations, including tomorrow night's best actor Oscar.

Ledger is in good company, going up against Philip Seymour Hoffman for Capote , Terrence Howard for Hustle & Flow , Joaquin Phoenix for Walk the Line and David Strathairn for Good Night, and Good Luck .

Ledger, a former state junior hockey champion, turned his career around after stints in Home & Away , teen movie 10 Things I Hate About You and a series of big screen flops. He also rose above the major setback of losing the lead in the critically acclaimed box-office smash Moulin Rouge to Ewan McGregor after auditioning six times.

Top WA casting director Annie Murtagh-Monks, who discovered Ledger as a 15-year-old in a school production of Hamlet , said his talent and drive was obvious from day one.

"After he went to Hollywood, Heath said he didn't want to do television programs like Dawson's Creek despite the fact that they were offering him a $2 million contract. He wanted to hold out for great films,'' she said.

"He told me that at one stage when he was trying to get work in Los Angeles, he got down to his last $150 and he used to go to industry functions so he could eat madly and fill his belly.''

Brokeback Mountain is not the first time Ledger has portrayed a gay character. In 1996, he played Olympic hopeful cyclist Snowy Bowles in WA teen series Sweat .

Series creator John Rapsey said: "He had a real maturity in carrying off that role with such aplomb. Not too many 16-year-old boys could do it. There was a real luminescence when Heath screen tested.''

Ledger's mother, Sally, said he had always "lived every part he takes on'' -- from his first role as Peter Pan in Year 7 at Guildford Grammar School. "He always gives his best,'' she said.

His sister, Kate, said she and the rest of the Ledger clan would be on the edge of their seats as they watched tomorrow's telecast. "We are really excited for him,'' she said.

Ledger will attend the ceremony with his partner, Michelle Williams, who is the mother of their baby daughter, Matilda.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 02:29:44 am by Ellemeno »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2724 on: September 21, 2007, 05:02:14 am »
Thanks Elle for the pics and article.

Lookit what I found: an Ennis pic I didn't see before

yb

« Reply #2725 on: September 21, 2007, 06:34:22 am »
Hey, have you guys heard about it?  Well, you may not be too interested in this but I am really excited about it - The Dark Knight will be filming in Hong Kong in November and Heath is one of the actors going there. 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2726 on: September 21, 2007, 06:44:46 am »
Hey, have you guys heard about it?  Well, you may not be too interested in this but I am really excited about it - The Dark Knight will be filming in Hong Kong in November and Heath is one of the actors going there. 

We'll expect pictures, yb!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #2727 on: September 21, 2007, 09:32:08 am »
People magazine stuck these two photos together and said "He Cleans Up Well!".  I like the not-dressed-up one much, much better.
http://www.people.com/people/package/sma2006/gallery/0,,1539441_1548659_10,00.html

No Kidding!  I hated that tux look on him.  Anyway, I'm sure it was a rental and we'll never see it again, if this year's Venice fashion fiasco is any indication, lol!

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #2728 on: September 21, 2007, 01:45:00 pm »
I'm sure [the tux] was a rental and we'll never see it again . . .

He's rather like Christian Bale in that his weight fluctuates drastically with the roles he takes on, etc. so tux rental is the way to go.

(He does look good physique-wise in the photo on the left.  Love the pecs . . . MMMMmmmm.)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2729 on: September 21, 2007, 01:59:36 pm »
He's rather like Christian Bale in that his weight fluctuates drastically with the roles he takes on, etc. so tux rental is the way to go.

(He does look good physique-wise in the photo on the left.  Love the pecs . . . MMMMmmmm.)

I am sure he didn't actually pay to rent it! LOL...good publicity for the company.

An Oscar Best Actor nominee for BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, HEATH LEDGER opted for London bespoke and chose a luxurious single-buttoned tuxedo with matte silk peak lapels from Dunhill. The British house began working with Ledger in February for his March red carpet walk. Dunhill's Martin Nicholls presented several ideas to Ledger, who ultimately chose this waist coat style, accessorized with bow tie and lapel pin.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!