Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3881629 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2780 on: October 07, 2007, 09:59:28 am »
No, I haven't. I'll have to go give a listen...

L

I just put my four favorite (so far) songs by Nick Drake and an incredibly beautiful documentary about him in my "Now Playing" thread, starts here

Offline Artiste

« Reply #2781 on: October 07, 2007, 10:26:05 am »
I did invite Heath to come to my art exhibition two weeks ago in Montreal. If you are reading this now Heath, come to my Quebec City exhibition till October 14th 2007! Bienvenue, welcome!!

Or the next one in Montreal 2 weeks in 2008 (end of September and early October) at La Galerie Le 1040.

And can anyone say if Heath exhibits also his paintings??

Hugs!!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2782 on: October 12, 2007, 03:19:27 am »
New Heath movie announced:

Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus (2009)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054606/

The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus is set in the present day, and tells the story of Dr Parnassus and his extraordinary 'Imaginarium', a travelling show - where members of the audience get an irresistible opportunity to choose between light and joy or darkness and gloom. The script is written by Gilliam with Charles McKeown, who both wrote the script to The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.

Here's the cast, four of whom have worked in Gilliam pictures before. There's much to look forward to, including the prospect of Tom Waits as the devil incarnate. Christopher Plummer is the eponymous doc, and inventive Heath Ledger returns to work with Gilliam following his work on Brothers Grimm.
more here...http://www.smart.co.uk/dreams/parnprev.htm
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 02:22:36 am by Ellemeno »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2783 on: October 12, 2007, 03:25:36 am »
Heath in the running for a part:

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2007/11/postscript200711
The Counterfeit Rockefeller
Postscript November 2007
In January 2001, special correspondent Bryan Burrough unearthed the extraordinary life story of a dashing young French con man named Christopher Rocancourt, who, masquerading as millionaire playboy "Christopher Rockefeller," fleeced dozens of gullible Americans from the Hamptons to Beverly Hills ("The Counterfeit Rockefeller"). The son of a prostitute and an alcoholic father who froze to death after a wintry drinking bout, Rocancourt had risen from a Normandy orphanage to the streets of Paris, to Rodeo Drive, where he rubbed elbows with the likes of Mickey Rourke and Jean Claude Van Damme. In a memorable side trip to the mansions of eastern Long Island, he succeeded in enticing any number of people to "invest" with him. Needless to say, no one ever saw their money again.
Facing criminal charges in New York, Rocancourt fled to British Columbia, where he was arrested in April 2001. From jail he gave interviews to outlets as varied as 60 Minutes and The New Yorker and became a celebrity in his native France. Before his extradition to the U.S., in 2003, he wrote a book, I, Christopher Rocancourt: Orphan, Playboy, Prisoner, that became a French best-seller. Rocancourt pleaded guilty to fraud charges and served part of a four-year sentence in the federal prison at Allenwood, Pennsylvania, before being placed on a plane back to France in early 2006.
In Paris, Rocancourt received the full star treatment, waving to paparazzi at the airport, selling interviews to the French media, even striking a deal to place his name on a clothing line. His celebrity has proved surprisingly enduring; the French, more than one commentator notes, never tire of hearing a countryman's stories of outwitting rich Americans. Rocancourt's second memoir, My Lives, topped the French best-seller list last year; a third book followed. Today he lives in Paris with a former Miss France and their infant daughter. He has a Web site, christopherocancourt.net, and a press agent. A movie of his life is now in the works, with Edward Norton and Heath Ledger rumored to be in the running to play Rocancourt.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 02:22:59 am by Ellemeno »

Offline Artiste

« Reply #2784 on: October 12, 2007, 10:03:33 am »
Wow!

More... please.

Did Heath play in that movie or will?

Hugs!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2785 on: October 12, 2007, 12:25:41 pm »

Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus (2009)
------------------------------------

That looks facinating..I cant wait to see that one.

Beautiful mind

Offline Artiste

« Reply #2786 on: October 12, 2007, 03:54:35 pm »
Hi!

Is Heath doing that NOW?

Hugs!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2787 on: October 12, 2007, 10:00:23 pm »
Thanks for that info, Clarissa!  Both projects sound interesting.  8)

Artiste, 2009 is the time for this new movie of Heath's, not now.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Artiste

« Reply #2788 on: October 12, 2007, 10:05:36 pm »
Oh for Ennis!

But on Discovery for Jake on this Sunday?

Hugs!

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2789 on: October 13, 2007, 06:33:16 pm »
Oh, here's a cute pic of Heath and Matilda out and about in NYC the other day.  It's a nice pic but it's almost certainly also a pap one, so for those who manage better than me to stay away from all such - be warned!

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/16391242.html#cutid1