Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3823653 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #3150 on: November 30, 2007, 12:12:54 pm »
Seriously, I'm still in awe of Heath's portrayal of Ennis after all this time, there's just not a trace of Heath Ledger in this photo.

OK, you guys may get back on topic now.

I agree, it's truly a tour de force & iconic performance.  There have been very few of those in my lifetime. Maybe Al Pacino in the Godfather, Johnny Depp in Ed Wood, Deniro in Taxi Driver.

Well, I'm off to Heath in see I'm Not There, it opens today in Toronto!  I'll report back later on the appropriate thread.  :D

mvansand76

« Reply #3151 on: December 02, 2007, 05:05:10 pm »

mvansand76

« Reply #3152 on: December 02, 2007, 05:07:26 pm »
You should really look at these pics and then scroll back up to Ennis... It kind of makes you feel a strange sense of nostalgia... Am I making sense?

Offline BelAir

« Reply #3153 on: December 02, 2007, 08:10:15 pm »
Snavel,

do you mean like you wish you were seeing Ennis instead of the Joker?

or do you mean something else?

I don't see Ennis in ANY of those Joker pics, and maybe only a hint of Heath in 1...  kinda scary.

(do you think Heath got reimbursed for the wear and tear on his own shoes, or do you think they just managed to find an exact replica?)
 ;)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3154 on: December 02, 2007, 09:37:24 pm »
ah HA! someone got here before me!

I might actually watch a superhero film when this comes out!  For the first time!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3155 on: December 02, 2007, 11:07:00 pm »
I have a hard time seeing any of Ennis in the Joker too, but then again I don't think they are supposed to resemble each other  :)

yb

« Reply #3156 on: December 03, 2007, 02:47:27 am »

I might actually watch a superhero film when this comes out!  For the first time!

I do think many of us Heathens are excited about TDK due to Heath, myself included, so I’m really glad that this franchise by Nolan is darker and nothing like the TV cartoon ones.  I can’t wait for it, and I hope I can see it on IMAX screen here.

mvansand76

« Reply #3157 on: December 03, 2007, 05:30:23 am »
Snavel,

do you mean like you wish you were seeing Ennis instead of the Joker?

or do you mean something else?

I don't see Ennis in ANY of those Joker pics, and maybe only a hint of Heath in 1...  kinda scary.

(do you think Heath got reimbursed for the wear and tear on his own shoes, or do you think they just managed to find an exact replica?)
 ;)

No, I mean to remember how beautiful Heath actually is!  :D

I don't see any Heath or Ennis in the Joker. Nothing at all. And that is nothing short of incredible!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3158 on: December 03, 2007, 08:08:49 am »

Wolverine isn't a superhero? You watched all of those....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3159 on: December 03, 2007, 08:10:22 am »

;)

Maybe they gave them to him when the filming was over, thinking he'd cherish them as a souvenir and he just kept wearing them!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!