Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3814568 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4470 on: March 05, 2008, 02:56:31 am »
Good morning folks!  :)

Thank you all for your words  :-*

For today I have two more from TIFF 06. Same shirt, same hotel room (I suppose it's a hotel room), but different shoot (different trousers and shoes as well). I think these pics were for a local Toronto newspaper.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4471 on: March 05, 2008, 08:45:38 am »
I focused on this one for a while - looks like he's thinking hard.  But this one also brings me a smile - would any of us encourage the men in our life to adopt this look? 

Chrissi, thanks for the Toronto photos.   :-\ :-*

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4472 on: March 05, 2008, 08:53:44 am »

Is this from a movie?

I recall seeing several of what seem to be publicity stills of Heath holding different cameras.  I wonder if they were all part of the same photo shoot?
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

mvansand76

« Reply #4473 on: March 05, 2008, 02:51:45 pm »
Found this on lj (thanks, sassym)

http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/player.jhtml?ml_video=123087&is_large=true

God, how cute is he in this? I want to hug him, and my heart breaks again at the same time....

:'( :'( :'(

Offline optom3

« Reply #4474 on: March 05, 2008, 05:12:06 pm »
That was so sad.Even back then he looked supremely uncomfortable with all the attention,and that was just a the smallest taster of what was about to come.
What also comes across I think is he sometimes does not get the American humour.I too have stuggled with this,having moved from the U.K. Equally sometimes Americans do not get my humour.We may all speak the same language but there are still cultural differences.
Interesting to note that even back then he was commenting on being tired,and also very fidgety,just as in his last interview.
So many people put the constant fidgeting (in his  last interview)down to drugs,it makes me think he was just very very uncomfortable with the whole fame/interview scenario.
And also maybe uncomfortable in his own skin.
All the same a sad thing to watch,as I realised that over the precious few years he then had left he never became at ease with fame.
Thanks for posting all the same ,it still featured that glorious smile of his.
I too just want to hug him and say stuff the promoting,just go out and act.Your work will speak for itself!!!

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4475 on: March 05, 2008, 05:48:21 pm »

What also comes across I think is he sometimes does not get the American humour.I too have stuggled with this,having moved from the U.K. Equally sometimes Americans do not get my humour.We may all speak the same language but there are still cultural differences.

It does seem that Heath has difficulty with Stewart's humor in this interview. 

It reminds me of Winston Churchill's observation that America and Great Britain are two counties "divided by a common language."  Apparently, America and Australia are divided by a common language as well...

It was nice to see that interview though.  It was new to me. 

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4476 on: March 05, 2008, 06:04:27 pm »
I focused on this one for a while - looks like he's thinking hard.  But this one also brings me a smile - would any of us encourage the men in our life to adopt this look? 

Chrissi, thanks for the Toronto photos.   :-\ :-*

You're welcome to the Toronto pics  :-*

And for your question: absolutely YES!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4477 on: March 05, 2008, 08:17:44 pm »

Apparently this was a big look in 1433:

(Jan van Eyck)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #4478 on: March 05, 2008, 08:22:50 pm »
Apparently this was a big look in 1433:

(Jan van Eyck)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #4479 on: March 05, 2008, 11:42:40 pm »
Thanks for the Jon Stewart interview-new to me and I loved it. I don't perceive his jumpiness as discomfort. I think he simply is always in motion-mind and body. His reaction to Jon and the questions cracked me up-you could tell for him it was just one more in a loooonnnngggg series of interviews and he was not in the least impressed by Stewart. Same questions asked and answered over and over again. And I could not disagree more that he is uncomfortable in his own skin-I think he is supremely comfortable with himself. He knows who he is and what is important to him.

Present tense always  :-*

Heathen