Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3821423 times)

mvansand76

Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4580 on: March 21, 2008, 04:06:52 am »
Same reaction here, haven't cried in a while, but have tears welling up now, that was really beautiful...  :'(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4581 on: March 21, 2008, 05:49:32 am »
OMG Mikaela, that was so great. Thanks for posting.
I found this small tribute so moving, it definitively brought tears again. And I love that she referred to Heath and Ennis.
What a classy woman!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4582 on: March 21, 2008, 05:53:06 am »
Good Morning Heathens. It's Godfriday and since this is an official holiday in Germany, I slept in today  :)

From the same press conference (for Ned Kelly) as yesterdays pic:

Offline white_angel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4583 on: March 21, 2008, 07:13:08 am »
:'(

I was wondering if there are ways (like sessions with therapists, certain types of psychological treatments) where you can make sure that the child remembers more from before her 4th birth year? I was talking to my mom about Heath and that I was so sad that his daughter would never know him, and she said that she has very vivid memories of being a toddler. So that gave me hope...

My mom would not believe me but I still have those vivid memories when I was two years old.
Matilda will sure remember her dad if there is someone who would always remind her.  it is a perfect theraphy for Matilda.

mvansand76

« Reply #4584 on: March 21, 2008, 08:51:47 am »
My mom would not believe me but I still have those vivid memories when I was two years old.
Matilda will sure remember her dad if there is someone who would always remind her.  it is a perfect theraphy for Matilda.

Yes! And I think that Michelle will do all in her power to make her remember her daddy, putting up lots of pictures of him and talking about him a lot.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4585 on: March 21, 2008, 08:52:18 am »
What a beautiful photo!  His lovely eyes just draw you in like a magnet.  And such a handsome face!  Thanks, Penthesilea.  I love your photos, especially these large and very hypnotic close-ups.  I could gaze at them for hours & hours.  Well, actually, I already do!

I posted this on the Tributes board but I thought it might be good here, too:-

Here's a link to the entire article on Heath in Interview magazine, complete with gorgeous photos.  I think somebody's scanned the magazine, but if you keep clicking on each individual page, it zooms in enough that you can read it and see the photos clearly.

One mix of photos seems to have been taken by Naomi Watts' brother around the time of the movie 'Ned Kelly'.  Heath himself has drawn and written on most of them.  Priceless!  The one of Heath with Michelle, him pretending to be pregnant with her, is just so sweet.

The great love and affection Heath's friends obviously felt for him, and the high esteem in which he was held, shines through in this moving article.  Very beautiful.  I loved it!  It confirms so much of what I already thought about Heath, but didn't know for certain.

http://www.shareapic.net/283699-Heath-Ledger-in-Interview-Magazine-April-2008.html

Thanks for posting that link, Spiceylife.

Seeing the actual article answers one of the big questions that many of us have had: no quotes from Jake.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4586 on: March 21, 2008, 11:02:32 am »

Thanks for posting that link, Spiceylife.

Seeing the actual article answers one of the big questions that many of us have had: no quotes from Jake.

L

Yeah, and the more you read other people's comments and heartfelt tributes, the weirder Jake's silence is to me.  ???
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

« Reply #4587 on: March 21, 2008, 11:12:33 am »
Yeah, and the more you read other people's comments and heartfelt tributes, the weirder Jake's silence is to me.  ???

Same here.  ??? :'(

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4588 on: March 21, 2008, 11:54:12 am »

Jake who?  He's dead to me now.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4589 on: March 21, 2008, 02:37:48 pm »

L

I agree with this too.  I've felt this way since way back at the time of the Daniel Day-Lewis eulogy.

And, based on this:

and this:

Same here.  ??? :'(

And this:

Jake who?  He's dead to me now.

I really makes me wonder about how much of a PR faux pas Jake's silence really is for him.  This really isn't good for public perception of Jake, and obviously especially amongst his Brokie fans.  I mean, I'm sure he has his reasons and he may be suffering terribly in a personal way over this... but the reactions his silence is causing makes me worry about Jake.  As a Brokie, the rift that this is causing is really sort of heartbreaking (on top of the more serious tragedy of Heath's passing).
:(

I still keep hoping that Jake will come through with some kind of lovely gesture.  Maybe he's just taking his time on this for some reason.

:(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie